World Cup Final

I freaking missed the haka. :( We missed about 9 minutes of the game. :( The view would've been really good too because we sat in Row 3, next to the Kiwi bench. Oh well....

But then, we were right in front of the Kiwis when they did their celebratory haka with the fans. It was ORSM.

How is Stuart still coach? Bennett was "fired" after a Tri Nations loss, while missing the world's two best players. Stuart was missing Steve Price, but come on, that Kiwi side is worse than the one that was put together in 05.

Bennett compounded the 2005 loss by dodging media on his return to Australia, which was seen as poor protocol from the Australian coach.

And now Stuart is in the media for attacking Klein and some RFL bloke post game. So he'd better get the sack ASAP.

dukey said:
And now Stuart is in the media for attacking Klein and some RFL bloke post game. So he'd better get the sack ASAP.
Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. Fingers crossed the next coach is a Hunt-lover as well. [icon_razz1

Just got home today after a week on the Gold Coast, and a day out at the cricket/footy on the Saturday.

First things first, thatl be the first and last cricket test I'll be attending. Boring as hell.

Secondly, congrats to you blokes on having a fantastic football venue. Suncorp is f**king unreal. Everything from the catering, to the access, to the busses in and out, were on point. Credit to the folk who run it.

Thirdly, the game. Absolutely fantastic. We were sitting on the 15m mark of the end the Kiwis were attacking first, and were on the edge of our seats the whole game. Amazing theatre from the haka/standoff to the drama of teh footy, to the lap of honor when the Kiwis pulled through. Best game of league I've ever seen. Ever.

Forthly, it wasn't a stitch up, you guys just couldn't hold on to the ball. Had a few of those oppertunities have been taken, the Roos wouldv run rampant.

Fifthly, the attitudes of some of the idiots around us were hillarious. Examples:

*Hohaia drops the ball*
Idiot behind us: Thats what you f**king get for playing in the Super League.
Me: He doesn't, he plays for the Warriors.
Idiot behind us: Well he should after that
Me: But he's not, he's signed for another year or two
*Dead silence*

*After Slater's brain explosion*
Me: Pass us the ball again, Billy!
Lady infront of us: Leave Billy alone
Me: Only if he keeps passing us the ball
Lady infront of us: Do you lot live here
My old man: Sh*t no! (important to point out we love Australia, the old man lived there for 20 years and constantly talks about returning to live! We said it in jest)
Lady infornt of us: Well go home then
Me: We will, and we're taking the world championship with us

*Referring to Ashley Kline*
Guy behind us: We all know who is paying your wages!
Me: Well it aint the New Zealand RFL, they're broke
*silence*

Sixthly, and most importantly...and I never thought I'd have the oppertunity to say this but...

5 more years boys...5 more years

Sabu_2008 said:
My old man: Sh*t no! (important to point out we love Australia, the old man lived there for 20 years and constantly talks about returning to live! We said it in jest)

[icon_lol1. That one cracked me up

Nice work sabu icon_thumbs_u

Sabu_2008 said:
Just got home today after a week on the Gold Coast, and a day out at the cricket/footy on the Saturday.

First things first, thatl be the first and last cricket test I'll be attending. Boring as hell.

Secondly, congrats to you blokes on having a fantastic football venue. Suncorp is f**king unreal for something run by a bunch of Nazis. Everything from the catering, to the access, to the busses in and out, were on point. Credit to the folk who run it. Heil hitler!

Thirdly, the game. Absolutely fantastic. We were sitting on the 15m mark of the end the Kiwis were attacking first (the rear end), and were on the edge of our seats the whole game. Amazing theatre from the haka/standoff to the drama of teh footy, to the lap of honor when the Kiwis (and Kleiny) pulled through. Best game of fixed league I've ever seen. Ever.

Forthly, it was the biggest stitch up in the history of World Cup competition and I don't care that you guys just couldn't hold on to the ball... you were robbed and raped by Ashley Klein so hard that you should really see a doctor. Had the game not been so stitched up and oppertunities been taken, the Roos wouldv run rampant. They didn't though and we have Ashley Klein to thank for that. So much so, that we gave him the keys to not only the country town of Auckland but also the slums of Wellington and Dunedin. Sensational stuff.

Fifthly, the calls that my ram rooting mates and I made were pretty farking lame. Examples:

*Hohaia drops the ball*
Idiot behind us: Thats what you f**king get for playing in the Super League.
Me: He doesn't, he plays for the Warriors.
Idiot behind us: Well he should after that
Me: But he's not, he's signed for another year or two
*Dead silence*

*Referring to Ashley Kline*
Guy behind us: We all know who is paying your wages!
Me: Well it aint the New Zealand RFL, they're broke
*silence*

Sixthly, and most importantly...and I never thought I'd have the oppertunity to say this but...

5 more years boys...5 more years

Hand off your forehead for once sheep shagger.

I fixed up some parts of the spiel up for you by the way. icon_thumbs_u

Wow, please tell me more, have you said anything funny today Sabu? I must be graced with more humour

its stink how some of the league games are on soo late.. i live in new zealand and love the broncos but sometimes the games are on at 1:30 in the morning.. i love them but im not going to stay up that late.. and even state of origin is always on so late :(

That's time zones for ya.

It would be nice if the NRL would accept NZ as a massive fan base of league fans, but the powers to be are as dumb as dog shit.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.