VOTE Would you like to see the Broncos back at ANZ Stadium/QSAC?

Southside would be a hassle for a game, as it is my nearest station is Petrie and that's half a chore getting to. Stick to Suncorp.

It would be good to see if that Broncos fan is still alive.. If he is, I think he would be there.

Does anyone remember that massive Broncos fan that had the Broncos car and drove it to every game?

A car with a Broncos paint job and just completely covered in Broncos stuff.

yeah he is/was a completely mental taxi driver . about 5-10 years ago I got in his cab and the whole journey he spoke only of his broncos car . He was obsessed with it . Multiple people I know have been in his cab and all say the same thing . However the 2 best stories concerning him I have are
1) A friend of mine was shopping in super cheap auto and this guy comes up out of nowhere and points out the broncos car in the carpark and proudly declares himself the owner . my mate was just like......wtf.
2)A female friend of mine got a ride home from the city in his cab at like 2 in the morning . She was drunk and being polite listening to his stories about the broncos car . She mentioned she would like to see it sometime . 8.30 next morning he is knocking on her door having turned up to show her the car .

the guy was nuts . If I had to guess I would say he wears a straight jacket these days . All these encounters with him I know of are from South Brisbane anywhere from Sunnybank to Browns Plains and surrounding areas .Perhaps other posters have similar stories I would personally love to hear them .The guy was a complete loon but damn he loved his Broncos car

It would be good to see if that Broncos fan is still alive.. If he is, I think he would be there.

Does anyone remember that massive Broncos fan that had the Broncos car and drove it to every game?

A car with a Broncos paint job and just completely covered in Broncos stuff.

I was at caxton before a sunday game, it was kinda early so there weren't many people around. This guy was kinda hovering around our table for about 5 minutes or so before he comes up to us and softly said "my car's here". We were polite and just said "oh yeah?" and then he said "yeah, I have the Broncos car and whenever I drive it here we win, so we should win today". We did win. So whenever we were on our way we often say "hope we see that guys car". I haven't seen it in ages.

I was at caxton before a sunday game, it was kinda early so there weren't many people around. This guy was kinda hovering around our table for about 5 minutes or so before he comes up to us and softly said "my car's here". We were polite and just said "oh yeah?" and then he said "yeah, I have the Broncos car and whenever I drive it here we win, so we should win today". We did win. So whenever we were on our way we often say "hope we see that guys car". I haven't seen it in ages.

yea he told me the same thing they win whenever he drives it . Also he didn't make the car himself he won it in some competition . crazy as a loon i tell ya

Well where the **** has he been the last few seasons, the car didn't break down did it?

Well where the **** has he been the last few seasons, the car didn't break down did it?

like I said . Wearing a straightjacket somewhere . Probably gets strapped down to his bed each night

Broncos record there was incredible 101/129 games.

They announced last week they're spending 30 million on the ground to be the home of netball. I doubt that will impact on the main stadium but least it will have someone there.

The Bulls train there in the off-season.

Maybe other clubs should, we've got the best stadium and the best crowds, we don't need to go anywhere.

As for other clubs, absolutely, having 80k capacity stadium with 9k people is an embarrassment to the game and would be a shit atmosphere.

This. That atmosphere at the Dogs game the other night looked amazing and was a real positive for getting games back to the smaller grounds.

No need to ever move again, Broncos only left due to Powers not being able to serve, promote their product or even be on the jumper correctly at Lang Park and the greater capacity of ANZ.

I only ever went to the opening game in 93, our crowd average was 43,200 that year!

For those that went more often and remember it well, was the car park only for buses and the Kessels/Mains road intersection effectively shut down before and after the game?

I only ever went to the opening game in 93, our crowd average was 43,200 that year!

For those that went more often and remember it well, was the car park only for buses and the Kessels/Mains road intersection effectively shut down before and after the game?

No the public could park there ... As well as ground staff (but they still charged us the $7 fee, i think it was).

IIRC, they didn't close any roads.

I am one of the people you have to blame for the broncos winding up at QEii.

I was only a kid who didn't know any better, but I loved ANZ. I saw 15-20 games there and never saw us lose, not even in reserve grade. I went back there for high school athletics back in the early 2000s and it was kind of depressing seeing it so empty.

11665580_927590600613465_1597625677621837277_n.jpg
Is this the car in discussion?

Does anyone remember his name? I'm wondering if it's this guy.

My memory isn't that good.

523750-nrl-fans.jpg

Last edited:

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Skathen
  • Big Del
  • Redux
  • FACTHUNT
  • Muros
  • thenry
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Battler
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Pablo
  • trugo bronco
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.