CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

Everyone still is raving about Baz ball. Why? England just lost in England in a game where they should've won

Funny how 2 of our 3 number 11's made some pretty damn valuable contributions to the chase

Thanks @Allo and @Sproj for a wonderful recap. Better than the other play by plays out there. Must be nice not have to get up for work.

so I guess England shouldn’t have declared on the first day then?

Wow..............went to bed thinking the day was going to be rained out................woke up to the Aussies somehow winning.

I woke up thinking Australia would be 8/260 ish. Lol I wasn’t far off.

Overnight I fully expected the batters to collapse, because they usually do when a difficult chase is in front of them... and for the most part it looks like they did except for Uzzy.

Was then expecting the bowlers to go close, but fall short or to just get completely blown off the pitch... as the tail just looked too long... but they've managed to pull off a Headingly win this time... hugely important batting match from Cummins in both innings

Amazing to wake up and read the recap in this thread... spewing to miss such an amazing win, but I don't think I would've been able to handle it and would've bailed when Carey got out... Props to @Allo and @Sproj for getting through it without having a heart attack!

I woke up around 4am after going to bed around 1am and thought oh better check the cricket, needed 3 runs to win and watched it happen. Amazing win Aussies, England got their just deserved for being an arrogant bunch of twats.

A couple of iced coffees after knocking off work at 11pm helped ride out the tension

I’ll be absolutely cactus for my shift today, because I’m still awake

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

Bairstow , Moen not good enough .

Bairstow missed multiple chances . Moen can`t bowl 6 good balls .

Cummins reaches back to his debut in S AF to recapture his batting form .
All those years the ACB paid him to go to Uni and practice batting finally paid off .

Under the Southern Cross I stand . A sprig of Wattle in my hand . A native son of my native land . Australia - you fucken beauty .

Little sleep, have woken up with a cold and a long day of work meetings. This should be fun…but it was worth it to see that.

Cummins just did not look like getting out and went through the gears amazingly. Lyon took a while to settle but once he did, he also looked great. Khawaja was something else, I really thought his vigil was going to make it all come unstuck but in the end, he blunted their attack enough so that others could bring it home.

I actually thought Green did really well until he got himself out, same as Carey. Head was reckless, he’d already hit Ali for like 12 off the over, he should have batted smarter but I don’t begrudge him for throwing the bat at it as they were going slow and needed to up the tempo.

Little sleep, have woken up with a cold and a long day of work meetings. This should be fun…but it was worth it to see that.

Cummins just did not look like getting out and went through the gears amazingly. Lyon took a while to settle but once he did, he also looked great. Khawaja was something else, I really thought his vigil was going to make it all come unstuck but in the end, he blunted their attack enough so that others could bring it home.

I actually thought Green did really well until he got himself out, same as Carey. Head was reckless, he’d already hit Ali for like 12 off the over, he should have batted smarter but I don’t begrudge him for throwing the bat at it as they were going slow and needed to up the tempo.
Thank you for your service sir

1 nil up and made England bowl 64 more overs than us, that's a great start.

Don't remember us having this many contributors with the bat in England, either. Smith and Marnus were non factors and we still won despite conceding 400 in the 1st innings.

Unread

Active Now

• Gaz
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.