CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

Boland showing as expected, he doesn't suit English conditions. Neser is our most suited bowler for the conditions, yet can't get a crack.

If I'm picking the side, Warner and Boland are gone. Neser in, and it's either Head or Renshaw opening, if Head opens, Green can bat 5.

What's sad is this is suppose to be the pinnacle of test cricket
Yep. I think limited overs attitudes has had a detrimental outcome on test cricket.

That’s why it’s not unusual to now see run rates of 5 or more an over. Players reverse sweeping, that straight bat flick shot over the keepers head, dancing down the track…… it’s all well and good but if I want to see that, I’ll go to a one day game.

I want to see batsmen value their wicket. Bowlers earning wickets not just being handed them by poor shot selection and lack of patience.

Don’t see many games going the distance these days.

FB IMG 1688986592037

Yep. I think limited overs attitudes has had a detrimental outcome on test cricket.

That’s why it’s not unusual to now see run rates of 5 or more an over. Players reverse sweeping, that straight bat flick shot over the keepers head, dancing down the track…… it’s all well and good but if I want to see that, I’ll go to a one day game.

I want to see batsmen value their wicket. Bowlers earning wickets not just being handed them by poor shot selection and lack of patience.

Don’t see many games going the distance these days.
This attitude has infected rugby league as well. It's flashy sports that make the money. Forget the soul of a sport, whore it out, get paid, Blurn!

Neser scored a big century for his county side overnight. It’s at then stage where the selectors just have to pick him

I’d also be tempted to go the England route and pick Maxwell as the spinner in the side if they aren’t comfortable with Murphy. He’s a better player than Ali despite the lack of opportunities he’s received in the test scene. He’d also be the perfect sort of counter attacking player that has thrived this series. One of the best fielders in the world too.

You could make it work and go full unorthodox:

1. Maxwell
2. Khawaja
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Green
7. Marsh
8. Carry
9. Neser
10. Starc
11. Cummins

I actually think they side would do really well.

Neser scored a big century for his county side overnight. It’s at then stage where the selectors just have to pick him

I’d also be tempted to go the England route and pick Maxwell as the spinner in the side if they aren’t comfortable with Murphy. He’s a better player than Ali despite the lack of opportunities he’s received in the test scene. He’d also be the perfect sort of counter attacking player that has thrived this series. One of the best fielders in the world too.

A big daddy hundred too.

176* off 202 balls - 25 fours and 2 sixes

Sweppo also got 69 (nice) off 70

It is his second ton of the county season right? He HAS to be picked because he has bowled well also.
In a row, last game was his 123 or whatever when Glamorgan posted 700-odd

He's killing it but don't see how he gets in with Marsh and Green available and Hazlewood coming in for Boland

I’d almost not play a spinner if it meant getting neser in. The way England have been preparing their pitches and them not having great spin options really only left garry being successful on them because of his bounce and ball drop.

Plus Head is a pretty decent option for four or five overs here or there anyway.

Cummins loses the toss and Australia get sent in.

Rain predicted for day 4 and 5. Bat for 2 days ffs

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • bert_lifts
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.