WTF?

That's Silly, Really one player could **** up a club.

If say SBW said He'll come the broncos on a massive deal. Than at round 13 when broncos had already released so many players said he's not coming anymore than that will massively **** up the club. If one club wanted to be smart arses they could really hurt another club.

I'm sure Folau would have signed an agreement in principle, there is no way they would make a formal announcement without something in writing, just not an NRL contract.

Dexter said:
I'm sure Folau would have signed an agreement in principle, there is no way they would make a formal announcement without something in writing, just not an NRL contract.

No, because that rule, overrules it. Fact is Melbourne have released crocker and could offer falou a massive contract.

Alec said:
Man, Bruno seems dumb. A small part of me wants Folau to stay in Melbourne, just so this clueless man can be fired already...

Get out of it. No secret you hate him an pray every night for him to stay there.

Coxy said:
I think the system is flawed because you can offer people contracts but they can't sign them until a certain date, and then it's perfectly within their rights to say no.

Whereas the club can't offer 100 players contracts for next year and then say on the day, sorry, no money now, deal's off.

Its because our players union is quite good and our salary cap is so shit due to the financially crap state of so many teams, so the players have too much power over their employers. AFL have it sweet, trade system which works perfectly for them and because the players have such a sweet pay deal due to having a quality head office who get great TV deals they don't whinge about having 'too little time to move' or about being swapped/traded with little say in the matter. AFL have it right for them, NRL have little choice but to have it wrong because financially and by player power the clubs hands are tied.

Good. Tell him to bugger off and get Hannant and kemp back.

The contracts would be signed, just post-dated.

Comes down to the age old arguement. All player contracts, talks, renewals, etc, should be held after the GF. Name it Siklly Summer, have a 4 week window in October/ November, where it's on for young and old. Keeps NRL in the media, keeps mid-season shit out of the game.

Like they said, Cops, Firey's, teachers, defence force, everyone except for highly paid RL players!!!!

I hope Izzy does come after 'verbally' agreeing to terms.

The system seems a bit airy fairy. I hate to say it but the June 30 deadline probably worked better than this!

The Lewis situation will become a regular thing I think, particularly if a player is going from a successful club to a club that is struggling (due to the money offered in most cases).

The system's been exploited far too much that it's now become a regularity in the NRL and you pretty much don't see any other competition in Australia. Though the AFL has no set structure aside from the anti-tampering deadline, they've got the mutual agreement to hold contract talks after the season is over and it's done successfully. Whoever was the first to exploit and those who followed should be condemned.. [icon_non

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.