OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

This nonsense is just from the nine news website.

Thats just from today, these dickheads in the media are Deathriding the broncos hard.

You'd probably suffer RSI if you had to scroll far enough to find the article about Kotoni Staggs signing for 4 more years

Really don't get all the wailing, gnashing of teeth and abusive name calling! It's a lynchmob mentality. How can anyone go off when the facts aren't known??

Can't we wait AND THEN react?

To be frank I don't think we should be offering anymore than 400k for two years and if Melbourne offer substantially more he should take it. For mine Coates need to become an elite level consistent force before rising to 600k pa level. I'll wait to see what develops.

The Coates thing seems to have started from Broncos players fooling around at training and I quote the NRL website " Brisbane players however were overheard at Wednesday's training session joking with Coates about a prospective move to Melbourne after months of conjecture over his future. "

Really don't get all the wailing, gnashing of teeth and abusive name calling! It's a lynchmob mentality. How can anyone go off when the facts aren't known??

To be frank I don't think we should be offering anymore than 400k for two years and if Melbourne offer substantially more he should take it. For mine Coates need to become an elite level consistent force before rising to 600k pa level. I'll wait to see what develops.
We cannot pay another Winger $400k. I'm sorry, we just can't.

The money already over invested in our Forwards means we have to make sacrifices in the Backs if we ever want to correct our spine.

I rate Coates, I wish he stayed, but if that's the kind of money it would have cost then we needed him to go.

Big, tall wingers that have a bit of speed are a dime-a-dozen. If he leaves, I don't think we'll have to wait long before the "next GI" is banging on the door.

He's got a couple of nice facets to his game but he's got plenty of ordinary in him too. Be nice to keep him just because it will feel warm and fuzzy but I don't think it is the end of the world if he goes.
Tbh if we really wanted we could put Herbie there(he doesn't get much good ball on his side anyway) and I think he is even better, especially if you had an outside pairing of TPJ, Staggs and Herbie, it would dull our attack on the otherside a bit but Oates is going good now too.

We cannot pay another Winger $400k. I'm sorry, we just can't.

The money already over invested in our Forwards means we have to make sacrifices in the Backs if we ever want to correct our spine.

I rate Coates, I wish he stayed, but if that's the kind of money it would have cost then we needed him to go.
Huh? 400k is too generous? Is that what you're saying? Pay another winger? Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here.

Deloise had a fair string of games at the Tigers didn't he? Iirc he seemed alright, what happened?

I dont think he played a lot for them. I only really became aware of him from watching him in ISC.

I am all for a good lynching, and these spoon getting, entitled instant gratification zoomers deserve it!
When they show some loyalty and resilience, i will put my pitchfork away.

would they even be able to implement a draft after Terry Hill successfully challenged it in court in the early 90s?
If it had the support of the players (the RLPA) they could do it.

I find this a weird signing by Melbourne. They have been operating very effectively with cut price wingers and centres for a long time. Why would they suddenly spent a fortune on a wing (potentially a centre)?

Even this year they have been functioning well with guys like George Jennings.

Hoeter was a fairly loose player coming through the Tigers system. He could be effective with the ball in hand but he had errors in his game and didn't really have a high enough ceiling worth persisting with. He was unlucky to fall out of the NRL system when he did. Jason Taylor had a bad relationship with a lot of the juniors coming through the Tigers system which is why there was a huge exodus of talent.

After the Tigers, Hoeter actually had a really good season for the Blackhawks but he couldn't maintain that standard and his form has been flakey ever since. He's a solid ISC centre who has his moments but that's about the extent of it. At best, he'd be a train and trial player but I've never seen him in NRL conversations outside of here.

I really hope we see a lot of teams exercise their train and trial deals. I feel that would go a long way to fixing the issue they have in reserve grade where if you're not in the 30+ player squad then you're little chance of playing NRL that year. I feel between teams like Newcastle, Bulldogs and Brisbane there's a few reserve grade players who should be picked ahead of their NRL counterparts.

Dobbo reporting he hasn’t yet signed with Melbourne however it is as good as done.
He then went on to say Reynolds will be touring the Broncos facilities in the next couple of days.

Dobbo reporting he hasn’t yet signed with Melbourne however it is as good as done.
He then went on to say Reynolds will be touring the Broncos facilities in the next couple of days.

If Reynolds is touring our facilities, he's basically going to put ink to paper

There are no better facilities in the NRL

We may be a basket case but everyone who comes to the club and is asked about it, goes on to make special mention of how good the facilities are

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • MrRobot
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • winslow_wong
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Manofoneway
  • leon.bott
  • Justwin
  • Waynesaurus
  • NSW stables
  • Financeguy
  • Bish
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Behind enemy lines
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.