OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

Sucks about Coates. To the poster who said big strong fast wingers are a dime a dozen, if that is true how come Brisbane always struggle to find them? I can think of 3 decent wingers since Tuquiri ... JYY, Oates and now Coates.

He'll improve a shitload in Melbourne. A shame it's not with us but we've shit the bed and done this to ourselves, until we can contend again we will lose more promising youngsters. Hopefully we get our shit together before 2024 as I think that's when Haas is up, and if we're still in the doldrums you better believe he's looking elsewhere too.

Sucks about Coates. To the poster who said big strong fast wingers are a dime a dozen, if that is true how come Brisbane always struggle to find them? I can think of 3 decent wingers since Tuquiri ... JYY, Oates and now Coates.
Images

Better not involve a dumb contract.
i highly doubt we go any higher. if a player who is already in our system wants to leave for another club that is offering the exact same money then the player is not worth keeping.

i take it as dave will attempt to at least talk to his management and hopefully coates himself and try and sell his vision for the club moving forward and how things will change.

if he still wants to leave afterwards then like others have said he really is not the type of player we need in this rebuild

i highly doubt we go any higher. if a player who is already in our system wants to leave for another club that is offering the exact same money then the player is not worth keeping.

i take it as dave will attempt to at least talk to his management and hopefully coates himself and try and sell his vision for the club moving forward and how things will change.

if he still wants to leave afterwards then like others have said he really is not the type of player we need in this rebuild
He might provide him with a few home truths about Melbourne and how long Bellamy is going to stick around?

He'll improve a shitload in Melbourne. A shame it's not with us but we've shit the bed and done this to ourselves, until we can contend again we will lose more promising youngsters. Hopefully we get our shit together before 2024 as I think that's when Haas is up, and if we're still in the doldrums you better believe he's looking elsewhere too.
If the figures quoted are anywhere near true we aren't doing anything wrong. No way I'd want the Broncos competing for that amount. I think the claim that Coates is leaving for less is total bullshit.

The Brisvegas Bugle is reporting Donuts will meet with Coates' manager Nash Dawson on Friday. Donuts has had little involvement to date. Wants a full appraisal. Dawson insists Coates hasn't formally signed nor expressed his final decision. Could be Piakura all over again. Hopes Donuts and Walters.

The Broncos are allegedly prepared to match and beat Melbourne’s offer. Coates is expected to make his decision by Monday. Current temperature appears to favour Melbourne but all is not lost.

Tevita Pangai Jnr has his fingers crossed:

“I would love Xavier to stay. Three years ago when I was coming off contract, I decided to stay loyal and we are trying to turn the club around. If the players are doing the right thing off the field, hopefully we can create a culture and get younger players to stay. Xavier is a key part of our future.”

McHunt

The Brisvegas Bugle is reporting Donuts will meet with Coates' manager Nash Dawson on Friday. Donuts has had little involvement to date. Wants a full appraisal. Dawson insists Coates hasn't formally signed nor expressed his final decision. Could be Piakura all over again. Hopes Donuts and Walters.

The Broncos are allegedly prepared to match and beat Melbourne’s offer. Coates is expected to make his decision by Monday. Current temperature appears to favour Melbourne but all is not lost.

“I would love Xavier to stay. Three years ago when I was coming off contract, I decided to stay loyal and we are trying to turn the club around. If the players are doing the right thing off the field, hopefully we can create a culture and get younger players to stay. Xavier is a key part of our future.”

McHunt

I'd imagine he is watching how good this Storm team is playing right now though and thinking, wow, I'm walking into premierships over the next few years.

McHunt
Onya TPJ

Nah **** this let the little prick walk. **** even matching that money for him, he isn’t a Bronco. We need players that love the club not kids that will turn the place into a circus played out in the media when we are finally getting some momentum.

I’m sure he’s probably gone, but imagine how many try’s he could score off kicks if we managed to get Reynolds.

I’m sure he’s probably gone, but imagine how many try’s he could score off kicks if we managed to get Reynolds.
I mean the bloke he’s replacing has just scored 4 in a half so probably not that many

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • jd87
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrRobot
  • Shane Tronc
  • Stix
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ostin86
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.