OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
“Someone sent me a photo from the Gold Coast last December where Craig Bellamy, Xavier Coates and his manager were having a coffee at Coolangatta,” Rothfield told Sky Sports Radio’s Big Sports Breakfast.

“I then got a phone call over the weekend saying that Xavier was on a plane after his Friday night game, flying to Melbourne. He met with the Storm and had a look at their facilities.

“They tell me he’s on the verge of signing with the Storm.”
Drunkfield reckons Coates is gone.

A big loss? Or the right move by the club to not overpay youngsters/outside backs?

No big loss as he is now. His defence is non-existent and his carries out of defence to start a set are probably worse. He has speed and can sometimes outjump a defender. Aside from that he does not offer much.

Im sure he will improve but if he’s asking $500k to stay I’d tell him to jog on.

He has twice stated he was going nowhere and loves the club so if he does go after being partly responsible for our first ever spoon I’d be convinced he was never worth keepin.

I personally would be gutted to lose him ... but that being said we shouldn't be paying massive overs to keep him.

another thing if he leaves because of Bellamy he is a fool, at most Bellamy will be there for 1 more year, then who knows who will be the coach (could be anyone). he hasn't even confirmed he'll be there next year yet

I personally would be gutted to lose him ... but that being said we shouldn't be paying massive overs to keep him.

another thing if he leaves because of Bellamy he is a fool, at most Bellamy will be there for 1 more year, then who knows who will be the coach (could be anyone). he hasn't even confirmed he'll be there next year yet
Bellamy signed for next year and then coaching director type role afterwards. I would say 2-3years total tops.

Bellamy signed for next year and then coaching director type role afterwards. I would say 2-3years total tops.

Bellamy has said he hasn't signed anything for next year and he said this just 2-3 days ago.

I'll be devastated to lose Coates, he's the new JYY.

Donaghy has come out swinging

3 days into the job and he has already come out and said what needed to be said years ago and White never had the balls to.

He needs to keep bringing up the need to reward development and if we lose Coates in the same press release he should announce that we are reassessing our junior development until such times as the NRL want to make it a level playing field.

New ceo Dave walks into a meeting with Xaviaer about his contract...
"Xavier, mate, you seem like a nice kid, good at footy and pretty switched-on so let me ask you something. You're going to Melbourne to play under super coach Bellyache hey? I get it he's a great coach and gets the best out of everyone. Also, he's not signed for next year and if he does it will be his last year as coach. And you think he'll have the same effect on players as a coaching director over 1000kms away in Brisbane while You're down in Melbourne? I dono what you expect Xavier but he isnt going to tuck you into bed nor is he going to pat you on the back for letting in on average a try per game. Do you really wanna be around when the club has to transission from Bellamy to a brand new coach? A coach who could genuinly be anyone, possibly a guy you've never even met"

So Xavier, have you actually thought about this decision or are you just blinded by the Bellamy factor? Here's the dotted line you have 48 hours.

I've said it before I will say it again, these blokes gave us our first spoon.
If he doesn't want to redeem himself for that, he can leave.
The Broncos will bounce back and these players that leave will be blacklisted.

I want players that want to be here to turn this club around, not mercenaries who jump ship when the going gets tough.
The fact Coates did the same as Dearden tells me all I need to know.

They're breaking up the gang.

Xaviercoates   B5 Ahhljsuh
Xaviercoates   B MCdW jrpn

Not a big loss despite on paper it does look bad, If we don't continue Isaako at FB he can cover it, or if they want to move Herbie to our stronger attack side he would probably be an upgrade on Coates in that position(Just as fast, similar size but with better footwork) but we would need a decent centre replacement.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.