You Don't Know What You've Got 'Til It's Gone

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I hope people are starting to realise how important McCullough is to our team.

"Oh...McCullough isn't as quick as Granville or Nikorima out of dummy half, let's get rid of him."

"McCullough is so slow."

"McCullough isn't Cameron Smith"

Hey...he might not be any of those things, but he is so important to our team, both defensively & in offensively, but especially defensively.

Hopefully this forum now appreciates how important he is to this Broncos team.

I think we missed Gillett more than McCullough, our defence on that right edge was atrocious with Thaiday & Hunt.

He's important because we don't have a replacement, not because he's particularly good.

Sorry...it's hard to take you seriously with that avatar.

He's important because we don't have a replacement, not because he's particularly good.

Exactly! Throw in Granville or Parcel and then you could very easily see why some of us wanted him gone in order to keep one of those two. He's important now because the competition is gone. Imagine starting with Granville, KNik replacing him and finishing with Granville. Now your sentence about not knowing what you've got till its gone is more than apt!

I hope people are starting to realise how important McCullough is to our team.

"Oh...McCullough isn't as quick as Granville or Nikorima out of dummy half, let's get rid of him."

"McCullough is so slow."

"McCullough isn't Cameron Smith"

Hey...he might not be any of those things, but he is so important to our team, both defensively & in offensively, but especially defensively.

Hopefully this forum now appreciates how important he is to this Broncos team.

Totally agree mister right. Our lazy markers who couldn't control ruck speed played Isaac Luke into form. In my view this doesn't happen with Macca on the field. Our best defender near our tryline too which was terrible last night which was our main strength last year. top 3 player at the club if you ask me. We have other players to be critical of / need moving on for mine....starting with Thaiday (surely a rotating front rower at best now)

I'm with you Mister Wright, I've been a McCullough guy for a long time now. I wouldn't exchange him.

However imperfect he is, say relative to Smith, for mine, Macca is integral to our shape and our structures, as well as for his important defensive contribution.

We look shabby and disorganised without him.

Was he a key member of the spine of the side which got us to the Grand Final last year? Macca will do me fine.

Seems to me it's our halves combinations and attacking game plan which seems to have gone compared to last year. Maybe it's Hodges rather than Macca that you don't know what you've got till its gone.

Last edited:
Macca in crucial to the broncs in defence, his herculean defensive efforts are irreplaceable. Someone mentioned before that that with Gillett missing the right side was atrocious yesterday, What about when Hofman ran straight at Roberts and Roberts thought he had the ball and stepped him, Hofman didn't change direction :laugh:.
Well done to the Warriors, they did their homework, ran where Gillett would be and at Reed/[FONT=Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Maranta all day, that's where the points were leaked, wouldn't have mattered if Macca was there or not.
It's easy to blame the loss of one player or to blame the halves week in week out. Our problems, I believe, are much deeper than that. I believe its our forwards that are causing the issues, we are always under defensive pressure, even last year. Let the attacking side make the ground, who cares, we will "Back" ourselves in defence, That's fine if the forwards can get you out of trouble but they cant, they hit the line and stop like hitting a brick wall. The game plan is so boringingly obvious that the opposition has simply worked it out. If we are playing a weaker side the forwards run amok but when someone stands up to us we are found wanting.
My fear is our limitations will be graphically highlighted by Paparli & Paulo & co next week, the difference between attacking forwards and forwards pretending to attack will be there for all to see.
[/FONT]

Exactly....if we had of kept either Granville or Parcell, threads like this one wouldn't exist.

Instead we'd have threads like "Sign Parcell ASAP" ...."Granville killing it"

....."Who else thinks McCullough should stay in the QCup?"

etc etc...

I wonder what Manly fans make of Parcell? He's the least of their problems but he hasn't exactly lived up to the hype. All this talk about Origin...the only Origin team he'd be making is residents (for NSW).

Brisbane missed McCullough big time yesterday, just as they did against the Sharks. He really does a good job of managing the middle third of the field for the Broncos and getting good ball to either half.

If Macca was fully fit, we wouldn't be 1 from 5, that's for sure.

I wonder what Manly fans make of Parcell? He's the least of their problems but he hasn't exactly lived up to the hype. All this talk about Origin...the only Origin team he'd be making is residents (for NSW).

Brisbane missed McCullough big time yesterday, just as they did against the Sharks. He really does a good job of managing the middle third of the field for the Broncos and getting good ball to either half.

If Macca was fully fit, we wouldn't be 1 from 5, that's for sure.

Really..?

If Milford and Hunt hadn't been playing like arse for the last few weeks, I doubt that we'd 1 out of 5 either....with or without A.Mc

and that's for damned sure.

Gee, I wonder why Hunt and Milford haven't been the same players since Round 9.

I wonder who was missing and struggling with injury???

Rd10 disagrees with you ....

and so does Rd11 & 12...where A.Mc did play and we lost .....

I'm starting to wonder what your point was.

Rd10 disagrees with you ....

Who could forget the victory against the brilliant, table-topping Manly. No clearer sign that we should pack Macca's bags then beating the very best without him!

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • heartly87
  • Nerd
  • Financeguy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • kman
  • Harry Sack
  • something
  • Hoof Hearted
  • thenry
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Yem
  • Ejbroncos
  • DrGee
  • Manofoneway
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.