NEWS Young Star Coates Signs Upgraded Deal

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
Early call to have milf @ 1
Bird 4 & isaako to 1
Coates/ Farnsworth/Shiba for wing.
And I think Glenn deserves another year, so Fifita or gillo to the bench and offa to 13.
Seggy or paix off the bench also and obviously milf going back to 6.
There's a few options which is pleasing after this season from hell.
Bird when fit should be 1

JAHHW

NRL Player
There’s been a simple but effective solution. We just give players with tricky to spell names nicknames.

Moose, Macca, Offa, TPJ, Niko, Shiba, Oppa, etc

Farnworth/Farnsworth can be Farno
Isaako can be ummm....Taco?
Dearden can be... Dear....I dunno, this is harder than I thought.
Jamayne could be Chris Lilley?

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Bird when fit should be 1
agree ... although i wouldn't be against the following:

1. Milford
6. Bird

giving Milford the extra room can only be a good thing (will take a full pre-season to get his FB game back though)

Bird can be used as a running 5/8 (and big body in defence), with Dearden running the side

pagey

NRL Captain
agree ... although i wouldn't be against the following:

1. Milford
6. Bird

giving Milford the extra room can only be a good thing (will take a full pre-season to get his FB game back though)

Bird can be used as a running 5/8 (and big body in defence), with Dearden running the side
Big ask for the youngster to run a team, especially when he'll have even more pressure on him after this year.

Old Mate

NRL Player
No pace, coming off an ACL and regularly makes errors. Yeah he might show “heart” out there but that’s all he does. Free up that million dollars.

Stu_9

QCup Player
I don‘t believe Ponga would come, nor either Turbo.
I think Maloney would be great for this team, 2yr stint.
Holmes should also be very high on the recruitment list.
We need a leader, both on and off the field, and a star. I think the club saw Milf as the star of the future, but it just has not happened.

Gaz

NRL Player
I don‘t believe Ponga would come, nor either Turbo.
I think Maloney would be great for this team, 2yr stint.
Holmes should also be very high on the recruitment list.
We need a leader, both on and off the field, and a star. I think the club saw Milf as the star of the future, but it just has not happened.
If Holmes rejoins the NRL it has to be with the Sharks does it not?

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
nope ... only if he came back before his contract would have ended, which is the end of this year.

he can go where ever he wants from 2020

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Can be dodgy under the high ball though, and confidence drops after an error
So fairly similar to a current winger on a four year deal and dealing with serious family issues it seems...and not too dissimilar to the current fullback who is on a bucketload more money and over ten more years experience.

Stu_9

QCup Player
I believe that the sharks get first dibs but with their current squad, I’m highly doubtful they could fit him with the $ he would be chasing..

Reactions: Gaz

Dazza 92

QCup Player
it would be remiss of this club not to have serious long term interest in Holmes...if we passed on Drinkwater because there has been some indication behind the scenes that we are serious about accomodating Holmes return to NRL then id be very happy...

theshed

NRL Player
it would be remiss of this club not to have serious long term interest in Holmes...if we passed on Drinkwater because there has been some indication behind the scenes that we are serious about accomodating Holmes return to NRL then id be very happy...
Doesn’t seem like the plan considering Seibold just came out and said he’s considering Milf the long term fullback option.

It pains me to say but I think our hands are tied with Boyd and Macca. We have 3 million dollars tied up in our spine and none of the seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. The best Seibold can do is rearrange the deck chairs on the titanic.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Doesn’t seem like the plan considering Seibold just came out and said he’s considering Milf the long term fullback option.

It pains me to say but I think our hands are tied with Boyd and Macca. We have 3 million dollars tied up in our spine and none of the seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. The best Seibold can do is rearrange the deck chairs on the titanic.
It isn't though. He doesn't HAVE to play them (Boyd maybe if the board rumours getting involved are true which is highly doubtful given the source).

He doesn't have to play Macca over Turps/Segs and doesn't have to play Boyd in the spine even.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter