10. Haas
11. Capewell (shifts to middle)
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Hetherington
16. Taupau
17. Piakura (replaces Capewell)

Personally I think that our best solution would be a Haas and Patty prop pairing with Hetherington and Capewell sharing lock.

8. Carrigan
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Capewell

14. Mozer
15. Hetherington
16. Taupau
17. Baker/Jenson

As has been mentioned, you could put Hetherington at 8 and that way you keep Haas at 10 and Carrigan at 13. Then Jensen becomes your big minute middle forward. That would work well and of course it allows you to keep going with Capewell switching to 13 and Piakura coming on in the second row as you increase Piaks' minutes.

Why would we spend money on someone else when we already have Piakura developing nicely?
You think he's ready for 80mins of NRL footy? Frizell could be the perfect signing as he plays middle very effectively too, and will allow Piakura to play off the pine as he has been doing.

You think he's ready for 80mins of NRL footy? Frizell could be the perfect signing as he plays middle very effectively too, and will allow Piakura to play off the pine as he has been doing.

He doesn't need to play 80 yet, because we have Capewell.

Frizell is not the guy we should be paying big money to, especially at this stage of his career.

Love Frizell. Big in the effort plays. chases often on lost causes to prevent try under the post. Can't believe NSW just decided to stop picking him for a few years. Would love him but $$$ may be the issue

1.Walsh
2.Cobbo
3.Staggs
4.Mariner
5.Oates
6.Mam
7.Reynolds
8.Haas
9.Smoothy
10.Carrigan
11.Capwell
12.Piakura
13.Hethrington
14.Mozer
15.Taupau
16.Riki
17.Baker

You reckon a NSW origin player who is currently being chased by at least 3 clubs reportedly is going to come cheap?
I'd imagine he will get a decent contract, but he is also pushing 32yrs old, so it really depends what he wants. I also named Su'a and Fitzgibbon who are both very good players. I'd be chasing Fitzgibbon on a 2yr deal, as he is currently without and would be really good on our left edge.

I'd imagine he will get a decent contract, but he is also pushing 32yrs old, so it really depends what he wants. I also named Su'a and Fitzgibbon who are both very good players. I'd be chasing Fitzgibbon on a 2yr deal, as he is currently without and would be really good on our left edge.

Just don't see the value in chasing anyone for the left edge, when we are clearly planning on playing Piakura there. Need to use our resources elsewhere.

Why on Gods green Earth would you drop Riki to the bench when he has by far our best 2nd rower??
Piakura has impressed me the last few games and if he continues to preform and continues to improve, I believe he will be our best 2nd rower and should be on the field for 80 minutes. I would use Riki to rotate with Capwell and Riki has more size and can be used in the middle if he's needed.

Piakura has impressed me the last few games and if he continues to preform and continues to improve, I believe he will be our best 2nd rower and should be on the field for 80 minutes. I would use Riki to rotate with Capwell and Riki has more size and can be used in the middle if he's needed.
What's to say Riki doesn't continue to improve and perform?

You can't promote people on potential alone, that's what Pies did and look where that got us.

Players have to earn their run, one of the things I believe Kevie has got right in player development

What's to say Riki doesn't continue to improve and perform?

You can't promote people on potential alone, that's what Pies did and look where that got us.

Players have to earn their run, one of the things I believe Kevie has got right in player development
I'm not saying Riki isn't still vital part on the team, Riki has more versatility about him. With Piakura receiving more game time and another full pre season focusing on him at 2nd row, he'll be our new Fifita.

Yes, I've always thought we should toss out our best Hooker out of the 17 and replace him with a player who has played less then Half an hour of first grade in 3 years, and bench our best second rower for a promising yet unproven second rower who hasn't even started a game yet.

This is most certainly one of the opinions of all time.

Yes, I've always thought we should toss out our best Hooker out of the 17 and replace him with a player who has played less then Half an hour of first grade in 3 years, and bench our best second rower for a promising yet unproven second rower who hasn't even started a game yet.

This is most certainly one of the opinions of all time.
I’m with you on this one. Tyson is a long shot at being in the 17 let alone starting and as for Piakura his best chance is Capewell spot since he is a decent middle (definitely not at the expense of Carrigan).

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Riki
12. Capewell
13. Carrigan
14. Paix
15. Hetherington
16. Baker
17. Piakura

If we don’t win the comp I think we make minimal changes to the team to try and win the comp next year. If we win this year you have a little bit of leeway to try some different things e.g. Selwyn to centre, Piakura to SR - Capewell to middle rotation, Mozer to 14 possibly. If not I think you go with as close to what got them to here this year.

It’s a shame there isn’t 5 on the bench in today’s game. I understand it tactically, but it pains me deeply that one of Arthars or Mariner misses out.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Pablo
  • FACTHUNT
  • davidp
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.