Your 2024 First 13 Team predictions

The Paix issue isn’t too dissimilar to the one that faced Ben Hunt early on and the same one that will likely face Mozer at some point - that being that it’s debatable whether these guys get more value out of playing a smaller role off the Bench in the NRL or being the dominant Dummy Half in Queensland Cup?

Ideally you’d want them doing a bit of both but that requires depth like Smoothy to make it viable. Paix needs to be getting some decent minutes and if that isn’t going to happen at NRL level then it’s for the best that he gets rotated with Smoothy in that Bench role.

Honestly, I cannot understand anyone at this point holding the opinion that Billy is anything other than a vital cog in our current machine. He's not the best hooker in the comp, by a long shot, but he's doing a great job of late, improving constantly, and suits our team well. All while taking up very little cap space. I don't understand what more people want from him or that position right now.
I guess it's like having a wife who make perfectly good sandwiches, but isn't much to look at.

I guess it's like having a wife who make perfectly good sandwiches, but isn't much to look at.

But I thought you loved Turpin's sandwiches? Tell me it wasn't his looks that won you over...

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Aldo
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • RolledOates
  • Redfern_1980
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.