Your Fullback after 5 rounds?

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Is Norman still your fullback after the first 5 rounds?
Norman had a great debut but since then he hasn't show enough urgency to be first grade fullback IMO.
I think he'll make a lot better 5/8th or lock. He did play his junior footy as a 5/8th.
Alot of people criticized Hoffman when he was outlept by Steve Price.
But tonight Hoffman was great under the high ball. He showed greater urgency than Norman when her ran off his wing to difuse a midfield bomb.
Also, he put his body on the line when he dived over for a good winger's try in the corner.
I think Hoffman should be given a shot for at least a couple of rounds. I don't want to see Norman play out the season as the fullback based on one performance.
Thoughts??

The Rock said:
If Norman isn't our fullback after 5 rounds, then Glenn isn't our lock, Beale isn't our winger and Wallace isn't our halfback because they haven't been better or worse than Norman in a losing side.

The problem with a losing streak is that the rookies always cop the blame. People need to put it into perspective and realise that rookies are inexperienced and raw. So unless any of our rookies have had shockers, then they should not be dropped. This is a tough time and the whole team is lacking in form bar a few players.

Only player I have concerns over is Rivett. 2 games of pretty poor form and he has offered ZILCH. He had a shocker tonight, he's just not ready for it so I'd be hesitant to give him another shot. Also, we don't need him - Glenn should be in the backline somewhere for now.

Norman is my fullback. If Norman isn't in any sort of form when we start winning again, then it might be time to consider a change.

Beale shouldn't be one of the Bronco's winger. He is shocking in defense.
And Peter Wallace is playing well below what he is capable of. But he has runs on the board and has expereince which the team needs at the moment.
What is wrong with Glenn? He will always be in the 17, he had good game tonight.
It will always a toss a coin at the state of the season for the fullback position.
Hoffman should be given his chance. Norman had a great debut, but so did Hoffman.

Agree'd fullback is a very important position to have consistency in and unless he is doing shocking or offering nothing there is no need to change. In a winning side Round 1 Norman was MOTM. As Rock said wait and see how he goes again once we start winning a couple.

No way would you be dropping Norman at this point in time. I am a bit tough on him though I think he is much much better than what he has shown us so far this season.

No Norman shouldn be dropped. He won't be because we're running out of outside backs.

He is not ready for NRL. He has had 30 mins of good football all season. Moreover he has TERRIBLE handling which is elementary at every level beyond under 14s. He needs another season in U/20s and he might make it as a 5/8 but the experiment IS NOT WORKING.

Hoffman should be fullback next week. Ivan, you need to make a tough call.

draggx said:
Agree'd fullback is a very important position to have consistency in and unless he is doing shocking or offering nothing there is no need to change. In a winning side Round 1 Norman was MOTM. As Rock said wait and see how he goes again once we start winning a couple.

He dropped that ball cold which is more than enough for me and he is offering nothing.

Lockyer won't pass him the ball because his timing is horrendous and Lockyer has ZERO confidence in Norman.

Ivan needs to change the gameplan (as he should of from Round 1) rather than trying to swap Karmichael Hunt for a rookie 5/8 experiment at fullback and continuing this second man play rubbish.

id like to see more of hoffman. i think he has that x factor that bowen, or slater possess. norman is solid but wont break the game open.

Hoffman deserves a run. Norman can have a run in the QLD cup.

Definitely keep Norman at fullback for now. An 18 year old kid needs to feel confidence and hes not getting a lot from our current predicament. As we get more players back and get back into winning his confidence will grow. He is still finding his feet and the constant backline shuffles make it very hard for him to work any combinations. Surely if after another 6-10 games if he hasnt improved then we will look at something different.

That being said i think Hoffman played very well last night. Might give Beale and Norman a bit of a kick up the arse

Keep in mind that Hoffman also managed to drop a ball last night.

Norman at FB for the season unless he has a series of howlers.

I'd keep Norman at the back for the moment

I thought Norman showed a fair bit last night. He ran the ball back well and got involved a fair bit more in the attacking plays. But in saying that, Hoffman was pretty awesome, and it will be tough to beat his effort for try of the season, that was sensational how he was able to stay in and ground the ball.

Jeba said:
I'd like to see Hoffman or Kemp given a go.

why not YOW YEH?? He has a superb footy brain surely he can use it better at fullback??

Active Now

• theshed
  • Browny
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • bert_lifts
  • Stix
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.