Your Fullback after 5 rounds?

Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:
I'd like to see Hoffman or Kemp given a go.

why not YOW YEH?? He has a superb footy brain surely he can use it better at fullback??

Yow Yeh is a winger mate.

I think Yow Yeh has all the attributes to make a great fullback.

Safe under the high ball,
Good footwork
speed
decent defense

Foordy said:
Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:

why not YOW YEH?? He has a superb footy brain surely he can use it better at fullback??

Good footwork
speed
decent defense

not to mention his unreal footy brain!!

I don't care who it is. But I'm pretty sure Norman ***** up far more than he does good. I'm sick of seeing him there. Missing tackles, not reading plays, slowly jogging back with the ball and soft hitups.

He's had his chance, put someone else there.

Hoffman played well last time he was there, I think giving him a shot is the go.

I think the main problem with Norman is the fact the coaching staff want him to be KHUNT and expect thim to lay on try after try with the 2nd man play. Let the kid play his own game IMO.

Bucking Beads said:
Foordy said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":adm9gpno]
Jeba said:

Good footwork
speed
decent defense

not to mention his unreal footy brain!![/quote:adm9gpno]

You're an idiot mate.

And why are you so upset about it anyway? I've put Kemp at fullback!!!

Norman definitely needs to do a bit more if he wants to hold onto his spot.

His defence is excellent, but other than that, he doesn't seem to be offering much. Seems to make a clanger each game as well, which is not something you want from your fullback.

I'm happy to give him a few more weeks, but that said, I wouldn't mind if Hoffman or Kemp were given a chance at fullback.

Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:
Foordy said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":1gthfv9m]
Jeba said:

Good footwork
speed
decent defense

not to mention his unreal footy brain!!

You're an idiot mate.

And why are you so upset about it anyway? I've put Kemp at fullback!!![/quote:1gthfv9m]

Iam not upset I am just F###ing with you!! I'd love to see Kemp at fullback he would add another dimension to our attack IMO. It won't happen though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hoffman given another crack, but I'd probably leave Norman where he is for a bit longer than 5 rounds. He needs to do a lot more, no doubt, but let's not lose sight of what we have on our hands here with an extremely young and inexperienced backline. A lot of these guys, even though they'll have great moments and show good potential, are going to be reasonably shyte more often than not. That's just the nature of the beast. You can still put Hoffman into that category as well (even though he may prove to be the better option).

Long term, I'd like to see Norman, Hoffman and Kemp given stints at the back - and may the best man win. Above all though, I'd hope that they'll all be allowed to play to their own strengths, not Karmichael's.

Does everyone forget k.hunt wasnt that masterful at fullback either when he started out. Look what he turned into! Everyone said Darius was crap too, gee I'd hate to be eating that humble pie right now!

The recognisable thing these guys have in common is they have a smart head on their shoulders. Yes, he needs to fill out a bit but his ball playing keeps him in the position way ahead of any other rookie at the moment in my opinion, he has been solid as a rock until he dropped the pill last night, and he was filthy on himself for it, he will learn and be better for it. The only thing Im a little critical on him so far is he doesnt run at the line hard enough but he stepped it up a little last night, i hope he keeps improving.

Like I have said numerous times, I am strongly against dropping Norman.

His defence is amasing. I have lost count of how many tries he has saved this year just after 5 rounds. Hoffman's defence is shocking and Beale's isn't that flash either. I would go far as saying he is the best defensive fullback so far this year.

He has a passing and kicking game which is a lot better than Hoffman's and Beale's. Even though we haven't seen as much of it as we would like to I think he will start to get more involved once the team settles down and he gets a bit of experience with the players around him, particularly Locky and Wallace. Not to forget this is his first season playing fullback and the fact that it's his debut season makes that a lot harder too.

He hasn't done anything bad enough to get dropped. He just needs to get a bit more involved and back up our players like Setu, Te'o and Gillett who can offload at will.

I don't think many will agree with me but I am happy to stick it out and give Norman the rest of the year to prove himself. Once he settles in to first grade, settles into fullback and our key players are all back from injury I think we will start seeing him get a lot more involved.

Think about it. It took Hunt a few years until he was able to do the second man plays and Norman has showed he can already do it(being a 5/8 though is a major help). He has made a few wrong choices in the second man plays but it will improve with experience. It's not as if hes chucking cut out balls into the stands like Slater. :p
His defence is top notch which is really rare with fullbacks these days. It's a breath of fresh air after having Hunt at fullback who was arguably one of the worst defensive fullbacks. People are taking this for granted IMO.

Norman to 5/8.....locky to fullback.....me to stop drinking.....

lyn said:

His defence is amasing. I have lost count of how many tries he has saved this year just after 5 rounds. Hoffman's defence is shocking and Beale's isn't that flash either. I would go far as saying he is the best defensive fullback so far this year.

He has a passing and kicking game which is a lot better than Hoffman's and Beale's. Even though we haven't seen as much of it as we would like to I think he will start to get more involved once the team settles down and he gets a bit of experience with the players around him, particularly Locky and Wallace. Not to forget this is his first season playing fullback and the fact that it's his debut season makes that a lot harder too.

He hasn't done anything bad enough to get dropped. He just needs to get a bit more involved and back up our players like Setu, Te'o and Gillett who can offload at will.

I don't think many will agree with me but I am happy to stick it out and give Norman the rest of the year to prove himself. Once he settles in to first grade, settles into fullback and our key players are all back from injury I think we will start seeing him get a lot more involved.

Think about it. It took Hunt a few years until he was able to do the second man plays and Norman has showed he can already do it(being a 5/8 though is a major help). He has made a few wrong choices in the second man plays but it will improve with experience. It's not as if hes chucking cut out balls into the stands like Slater. :p
His defence is top notch which is really rare with fullbacks these days. It's a breath of fresh air after having Hunt at fullback who was arguably one of the worst defensive fullbacks. People are taking this for granted IMO.

Is that you Corey?

Big_Dave said:
lyn said:

Is that you Corey?

That depends, Hoffman.

Oh rad! We have Broncos players viewing this forum!

lyn said:
Big_Dave said:
lyn said:

Is that you Corey?

That depends, Hoffman.

Given you've got Corey as your avatar I'm guessing you might be a bit bias.

Good defensive fullback???

He has been crap and as an 18 year old needs to know more than ever that he needs to put more in and his spot is not assured by any stretch

subsbligh said:
Good defensive fullback???

If there's one thing you can't question about Corey Norman, it's his defence.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Reds2011
  • Strop
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.