Your Fullback after 5 rounds?

May as well play David Stagg as fullback. He has just as much ball skills and running game as Norman

Big_Dave said:
May as well play David Stagg as fullback. He has just as much ball skills and running game as Norman

Rubbish Norman is a talent and was playing 5/8th for the under 20's last season. He clearly has the potential to be a star his defence has been superb but we need way way more from him Fullback is such an important position. I doubt he is a fullback TBH.

I'm inclined to agree with rnabokov - Kemp is a better option than Norman.

But it's a bit of a moot point at the moment, Kemp's still out for a few weeks so we'll have to stick with Norman for the time being. He's got a bit more time to prove himself.

Mattycat said:
All I can say to this conversation is that I am glad some of you guys aren't the coach.....And really, I hope none of you coach junior league either.
We have a young team that needs to develop confidence that they can do the job. People jumping down them when they have a couple of bad games while they are developing will not help.
Yes, Corey was a 5/8, but at the start or preseason, Ivan started talking to him about the move to either centre or fullback. He is only 18 so he can still develop into a lot of different backline positions.
How many of you got on this forum and bagged the move of Lockyer from FB to 5/8?
I am all for CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM of players, but let's remember that players can only become great if they are given time.
As supporters of the team, we need to make sure we are backing them as a team. GOOD or BAD, they are our team.
And in case anyone is wondering, I am not one of the players, I am but a humble supporter and junior rugby league coach.

Good post Matty. I think there is something to what RNA says about Kemp. It would open up the option for Locky of putting short kicks through with Kemp coming through at pace. But until he is back, Norman should be given the opportunity to cement the position as his own. If he cannot do it, bring Kempy in.

Norman has at least a couple of rounds till Kemp gets back right? That'll be 7 rounds, that's a fair shot at it if you ask me. The season is only what 26 rounds long? That'll be more than 1/4 of the season, by then he needs to be playing well enough to keep Kemp out of fullback. For the sake of broncos campaign 2010, I think this needs to happen. You wouldn't give Kemp a try at fullback to see if he works out there?, he could be a revelation...

I see some people saying does Kemp have a kicking game? Don't you remember Kemp was a Soccer player until only 4 years ago. I'm sure he has a decent kicking game or at worst has the ability to develop a good one.

A quote of Denan from this artictle.

"I've played soccer all my life so it's second nature [kicking]."

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/new ... ck-2498568

I would love to see Kemp at FB but only if Norman is injured. One question is yet to be answered for me.......whats Kemp's passing and kicking game like? The broncos only really have the one move and the fullback position is the most vital in that move. The FB has to be able to through the long cut out pass or put the short kick in behind the line. I havent seen either one of those in Kemps game. I just think we need to leave Norman at FB for at least another couple of weeks. Let him settle in with the same backline for more than one game and we might be suprised. I think that besides that dropped ball against the Dragons, Normans game was starting to look a bit better. I dont know any kid who comes into first grade and automatically plays like Slater or Hayne. I think we are all still expecting him to save three tries and set up two like round one every game. I cant see the value in letting him play the first five rounds then dropping him. I think Kemp will be unlucky because Yow Yeh and Winerstien will be my first pick wingers. If Norman gets injured then sure Kemp should get a shot at FB.

For God Sake give Norman a chance to play well, he is only 18 years old!!!!!!

I'm sure Norman will remain at the back. And I'm sure he'll get better and do the job well. It's also a shame that experienced, talented players like Kemp or Yow Yeh have to play reserve grade. We can't have both in the team, and Winterstein certainly won't be dropped.

In my view, Norman's time will be next season - maybe as Locky's replacement if he in fact retires at the end of this year.

rnabokov said:
I'm sure Norman will remain at the back. And I'm sure he'll get better and do the job well. It's also a shame that experienced, talented players like Kemp or Yow Yeh have to play reserve grade. We can't have both in the team, and Winterstein certainly won't be dropped.

In my view, Norman's time will be next season - maybe as Locky's replacement if he in fact retires at the end of this year.

it is a moot point, Kemp is out till round 9 or 10, Yow Yeh is only back this week, who knows whats happening when Kemp is back

What are people basing their opinions of Kemp on?

His work on the wing?

Didn't he play fullback in Queensland Cup or something?

Then there was also 'that' try against Manly.

And he was very average in the QLD Cup.

That try is basically all he's done.

He's a winger, keep him there.

Big Pete said:
And he was very average in the QLD Cup.

That try is basically all he's done.

He's a winger, keep him there.

He wants to play FB
Kemp was Brisbane's top try-scorer in 2008 and named the club's rookie of the year.
His background is FB in QLD Cup in 2007
In 2007 hep ran the quickest 40m sprint time in the clubs history
He can kick goals
He's 22

We have Winterstein and Yow Yeh, Copley, Beale, Rivett etc for back up on the wings

When he returns we ought to give him a run at FB

Everyone keeps on going on about giving Norman a shot and support our team? Hoffman is a Bronco as well and why can't we give him a shot at FB? That's still supporting the Broncos and also giving Hoffman a chance.

Answers to rnabokov.

He wants to play FB - as with Norman/Hoffman
Kemp was Brisbane's top try-scorer in 2008 and named the club's rookie of the year - On the Wing.
His background is FB in QLD Cup in 2007 - Fullback in Qcup is different to Fullback in NRL
In 2007 hep ran the quickest 40m sprint time in the clubs history - Awesome speed for making those runs down the sideline to win us games.
He can kick goals - So can Parker,Thaiday,Wallace,Lockyer.
He's 22 Hoffman 22, Norman 19

We have Winterstein and Yow Yeh, Copley, Beale, Rivett etc for back up on the wings - And Hoffman/Norman for fullback

Kemp would be an awesome fullback yes, but so would Hoffman and Norman with as many games under their belts. We know what Kemp can do on the wing. And we know how on the wing he can read Lockys plays and win us a game.

Kemp played more times on the wing in QLD Cup then he did at fullback

I'm as big a Kemp fan as anyone, loved his work in 2008, but seriously...some of you guys go way over the top.

Big Pete said:
I'm as big a Kemp fan as anyone, loved his work in 2008, but seriously...some of you guys go way over the top.

Could not agree more. Here's his attributes:

1. Speed

That is all.

lol yup, and i definitely wouldnt want him being our last line of defence

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • bert_lifts
  • winslow_wong
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.