Your Fullback after 5 rounds?

QUEENSLANDER said:
lol yup, and i definitely wouldnt want him being our last line of defence

That is certainly the most scary part about imagining his as fullback - the Bulldogs may as well be talking about putting Idris at the back for them

Meat77 said:
Big Pete said:
I'm as big a Kemp fan as anyone, loved his work in 2008, but seriously...some of you guys go way over the top.

Could not agree more. Here's his attributes:

1. Speed

That is all.

2. Damn good footwork to be able to toy with the sideline.

3. Very good at reading the play.

All 3 make him an AWESOME player on the... WING!

So yes i agree the Kemp love is over the top in regards to Fullback. But on the wing it is deserved.

Whilst he may have those other attributes you've mentioned draggx, I would hardly say that makes him AWESOME on the wing. Not when you consider some of the other wingers in the comp.

I think the biggest mistake the Broncos are making atm is trying to turn Norman into a Hunt style fullback.
Hunt was never the quickest fullback, but he had a good passing, a decent kicking game, and always ran the ball hard. I have not see enough in Norman to suggest he will ever be half as good as Hunt as a fullback.
Hence why I think the Broncos are better off looking for a Slater/Hayne/Stewart type fullback. They all have speed to burn, and all are great in support play. Kemp and Hoffman are both quick and they always looking for opportunities for holes in the defensive line.

Kemp is the best winger in the world, without a shadow of a doubt. In fact, I think he's the best winger of ALL TIME!

hehe

Coxy said:
Kemp is the best winger in the world, without a shadow of a doubt. In fact, I think he's the best winger of ALL TIME!

hehe
Yo Coxy I'm really happy for you and I'ma gonna let you finish but Matt Utai was one of the best winger of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Old Mate said:
Coxy said:

hehe
Yo Coxy I'm really happy for you and I'ma gonna let you finish but Matt Utai was one of the best winger of all time. OF ALL TIME!

I LOLZ'D!

Norman dropped for Sharks game. Callled this one very early

I am super impressed with Henjak for having the balls to drop Norman. I thought Norman could have been given a few more weeks if Henjak really believed in him. I am super pumped to see Hoffman in the 1 though I think he will carve up the SHarks on Sunday and score 2 tries..

Norman is a talented kid, but Henjak probably wants him to work on his attack from fullback. the place to do that is in the QLD cup. i do hope that he plays fullback when he goes back to a QLD cup club. BTW, which QLD Cup club is he registered to?.

Foordy said:
Norman is a talented kid, but Henjak probably wants him to work on his attack from fullback. the place to do that is in the QLD cup. i do hope that he plays fullback when he goes back to a QLD cup club. BTW, which QLD Cup club is he registered to?.

He is not a fullback his defence is too good to be wasted out back!! He shoul dwear the 6 in QLD Cup and prepare to play in it for the Broncos IMO.

POWERFUL young fullback Josh Hoffman has declared his desire to walk the same path as Brisbane legend Darren Lockyer and be a Bronco for life.

"I want to be a Bronco for life and Brisbane's fullback for a long time," said the 22 year-old who has forced his way into the No.1 jumper for Sunday's NRL clash with Cronulla at Suncorp Stadium.

A pre-season ankle injury presented another young gun, Corey Norman, with first crack at Karmichael Hunt's jumper for the opening game of the season against the Cowboys.

Norman sparkled saving three tries and serving up passes for two tries but he's struggled to make breaks with his kick returns since.

Hoffman admitted he was initially upset at missing out on the fullback role.

"When I didn't get the fullback spot, I was a bit upset because at the end of last year Ivan (Henjak) told me I was the frontrunner," he said.

"It puts thoughts in your mind of going elsewhere but I spoke to my dad, Shane, in Mackay and I knew I just had to stick it out and win my place back."

Hoffman has already displayed some of Hunt's traits, his directness in returning the ball being something Brisbane need.

"I give Brisbane a kick return game and directness and the physicality doesn't worry me," said Hoffman who scored a try in his first game for Brisbane this season on the wing against the Dragons.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5853332728

Big thumbs up for Hoffman! (y) Doesn't sit well with me that Ivan said he was frontrunner and then puts in Norman though. Thank goodness for players dads who keeps their young sons heads in check :P So Hoffman is from Mackay, my home town.

tkday said:
Big thumbs up for Hoffman! (y) Doesn't sit well with me that Ivan said he was frontrunner and then puts in Norman though. Thank goodness for players dads who keeps their young sons heads in check :P So Hoffman is from Mackay, my home town.

Hoffman would have been the front runner until he go injured during the trials where Norman really impressed. now he has to step up

Foordy said:
tkday said:

Hoffman would have been the front runner until he go injured during the trials where Norman really impressed. now he has to step up

From everything I've seen of Hoffman both this year and last he looks like a quality fullback to me - I'm pretty sure he'll equip himself very well this weekend

tkday said:

ahhhh another NQ boy hey.... its hole up there isn't it? lol

Hoffman was always going to be starting fullback come round 1 this year (Kemp LOLZ).. an injury and the sudden emergence of Norman as a fullback prospect set him back a few weeks.

I feel Norman would probably equip himself better if he was playing in a strong, well performing team - Ala Daniel Mortimer last year. At this stage of development I think going back to the 20's would benefit him a lot more than playing with a struggling group in first grade.

I expect Hoffman to go well and provide a fair bit of punch we have been lacking from the back.

Meat77 said:
Big Pete said:
I'm as big a Kemp fan as anyone, loved his work in 2008, but seriously...some of you guys go way over the top.

Could not agree more. Here's his attributes:

1. Speed

That is all.

Thats a bit harsh mate, there is more to his game than that.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Reds2011
  • Dexter
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.