Your top 5 Brisbane Bronco tries of all time

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Thought this might be some fun, heres mine.

1. Brisbane Broncos vs Canterbury Bulldogs Preliminary Final 2006 - Shaun Berrigan. Easily my favourite and an outstanding effort from Berrigan to not only make the distance but make sure it wasn't a double movement but credit must also go to Justin Hodges for making the big break down the middle and getting a pass to Berrigan.

2. Brisbane Broncos vs St George Dragons Grand Final 1992 - Steve Renouf. Like above this was an outstanding effort started by Willie Carne managing to get himself out of the Broncos ingoal despite a hefty chased by the Dragons. The Broncos demonstrating their willingness in attack to spread the ball out wide and giving Steve Renouf the open space to speed away and score an amazing try.

3. Brisbane Broncos vs Cronulla Sharks Round 9 1990 - Chris Johns. IMO the Broncos best team try effort ever, showing an amazing ability to shift and offload the ball deep in their half to get Chris Johns over the line. Watch the below video at about 3:22 in.

4. Brisbane Broncos vs Canberra Raiders Round 14 1990 - Paul Hauff. An amazing effort from the tall fullback in his debut season. Langer got him into a hole and Hauff speeds off, leaves Daley grasping at air and manages to get past Belcher despite being tapped and losing a shoe in the process.

5. Brisbane Broncos vs Parramatta Eels Round 12 2008 - Denan Kemp. Outstanding vision from arguably the Broncos best ever player Darren Lockyer saw Denan Kemp regather the ball and speed away to score and salvage a win after the siren rang.

Would definitely have the Renouf GF and the Kemp vs Parra one in there. Don't know why but I can't get enough of Darius Boyds' intercept in the '15 prelim vs Roosters, even though it wasn't a great move or anything I just knew it was going to be a good night as soon as that happened. Also love McCulloughs' from the same game.

These two are on my list.

Two crucial tries in two crucial games.

In the Eels game, we were coming off two losses and heading into a very tough Origin period playing bogey sides and it was a much needed two points.

In the Titans game, we were coming off two losses and facing the prospect of dropping down the ladder and possibly out of the 8. This win started a run towards the finals.

Denan Kemp's try against Canberra in 2008. It's around 4:57 in the above video.

Yeah, not as important as some of the others mentioned, but the vision and execution from Lockyer is just fucking spot on.

Would definitely have the Renouf GF and the Kemp vs Parra one in there. Don't know why but I can't get enough of Darius Boyds' intercept in the '15 prelim vs Roosters, even though it wasn't a great move or anything I just knew it was going to be a good night as soon as that happened. Also love McCulloughs' from the same game.
Mccullough's try was a set move to perfection

Denan Kemp's try against Canberra in 2008. It's around 4:57 in the above video.

Yeah, not as important as some of the others mentioned, but the vision and execution from Lockyer is just fucking spot on.

Afternoon footy at Suncorp...remember how good that was? Some Sunday Arvos at home just felt we were unbeatable

Pretty hard to argue with the above posts but here are 5 of my faves. No videos supplied.

1-Ben Walker- Round 21 vs StG. 1999.

2-Denan Kemp-GFQ vs Melb 2008

3-Wendell Sailor- third try vs StG- PF 2001

4- Willie Carne- GF vs StG 1993.

5-Ben Hunt vs Sydney Rd. 6 OT 2015.

Last edited:

Remains my favourite to this day. Those others are fantastic, don't get me wrong but this one is still so vivid in my mind and still gives my goosebumps every time.

Pretty hard to argue with the above posts but here are 5 of my faves. No videos supplied.

1-Ben Walker- Round 21 vs StG. 1999.

2-Denan Kemp-GFQ vs Melb 2008

3-Wendell Sailor- third try vs StG- PF 2001

4- Willie Carne- GF vs StG 1993.

5-Ben Hunt vs Manly OT 2015.
What's the Ben Hunt try? Or do you mean Vs Roosters?

I didn't mind the Oates dragging 50 souths players over the line too......
but my favourites would have to be Renouf and the Berro try in 06.

I didn't mind the Oates dragging 50 souths players over the line too......
but my favourites would have to be Renouf and the Berro try in 06.

Dude loves playing Souths. Him fending off/carrying D Walker for 30m to score is hilarious

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Redux
  • Bish
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Porthoz
  • Rowdy124
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.