Watershed year for the coach IMO. The squad has potential that's for sure, the coach needs to get some attacking structures in place that put our centres into space and stop our forwards from running into 3 defenders. It's a long year as a forward if you have to do that.
He should send Norman to a high grade touch comp where they play aggressive shut down defence so he can learn to pass to his outside and see an overlap.

We really need to improve our wrestling and defence in the ruck, the amount of times ive seen 2 broncos in a tackle with a 3rd just standing there not doing anything is ridiculous. Idk if it was just tonight or not but our first contact in the tackle was nearly always soft and the cowboys were able to power through it to get a quick play the ball.

without Hoffman. Just not what we need at FB

But really what options do we have?

I mean we could go with Norman, or even Hodges but I'm not sure he's up to a full season of playing fullback at this stage in his career as great as he is.

We so desperately need to sign a player or two. The difference between great coaches like Hasler and not so great coaches like Griffin is Hasler identifies weak areas and works to improve them while Griffin... Well he's 100% happy just because we put in the effort.

We really need to improve our wrestling and defence in the ruck, the amount of times ive seen 2 broncos in a tackle with a 3rd just standing there not doing anything is ridiculous. Idk if it was just tonight or not but our first contact in the tackle was nearly always soft and the cowboys were able to power through it to get a quick play the ball.

agree.

for the 10 mins we actually played football tonight our attack looked good. of course simple errors kept killing us.

I don't think Griffin needs to take all the work on himself, get an assistant offensive coach to partner him.

I think confidence, no injuries and our halves playing well and we will be ok in 2013. I don't like how the club has sat on its hands and let our playing list for next year get weaker while all other clubs are strengthening theirs.

I think confidence, no injuries and our halves playing well and we will be ok in 2013. I don't like how the club has sat on its hands and let our playing list for next year get weaker while all other clubs are strengthening theirs.
With the salary cap up by 600k next year and 3 players leaving I would be shocked if we didn't make one or two very good signings in the off season.

i pasted a link in my post.

so i've never seen kahu play. who has? at the start of this year it was all talk of the year of the kahu. whats his deal?

Actually I found a list.

I'm going to list all players worth looking into...

• David Stagg
    Bryson Goodwin
    John Williams
    Aiden Sezer
    David Williams
    Liam Foran
    Carlos Tuimavave
    Etu Uaisele
    Michael Crocker
    Denan Kemp

That's everyone worth a damn... Which really means the quality of off-contract players is bad.

David Williams would be a handy signing, David Stagg wouldn't be a bad depth signing and will definitely come in handy around origin or injuries.

That's not to say there won't be players who are let off contract early.

Here's a list of players off contract for 2013 who may be allowed to leave a year early, you never know.

• Josh Papalli
    Sam Williams
    Frank Pritchard
    Aiden Tolman
    Josh Renoylds
    Jayson Bukuya
    Todd Carney
    Jeremy Smith
    Anthony Tupou
    Greg Bird
    Gareth Widdop
    Kevin Locke
    Elijah Taylor
    Feleti Mateo
    Kevin Naiqama
    Johnathan Thurston
    Jamie Soward
    Boyd Cordner
    Mitch Aubusson

i pasted a link in my post.

so i've never seen kahu play. who has? at the start of this year it was all talk of the year of the kahu. whats his deal?
ive only seen him play in the arrive alive cup so idk how much you can take from that but he was a standout at that level

just put a big bold, underline, circle, highlighter, and neon glow stick around jonathan thurston and sign him

Marquee discounts, 3rd party deals and all that jazz makes signing expensive players a bit easier nowadays.

Can't see much to be hopeful about for 2013 unless hook gives everyone 8 weeks off and time to d anything but think about football.

The past 9 weeks we have committed so many unforced errors at critical times (not kicking out penalties, dropping the ball first tackle after 40/20 etc etc). Its a massive confidence/mindset thing for this team and we've ****ed ourselves out of winning positions in each of those weeks
Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express

Active Now

• Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • mystico
  • broncos4life
  • ell.d33
  • Evander
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Gaz
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • Organix
  • Nerd
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • Manofoneway
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.