Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
Did the Broncs get Donaghy? The good rumours rarely come true over the previous 2 years in my experience.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Did the Broncs get Donaghy? The good rumours rarely come true over the previous 2 years in my experience.
Mate gone over this a while back
Didn't Donaghy already resign from the storm??

He doesn't resign unless he has a job lined up and he cant accept the job until January.

I think 1910 or someone posted on here that we are trying to get Donaghy early??

I think there being no news is simply because it appears a fait accompli

'Member when Fifita re-signing was a fait accompli? 'Member when making finals every year was a fait accompli? 'Member when Broncos don't do rebuilds was a fait accompli? 'Member when the Broncos and not the Storm were the best team in Qld was a fait accompli? 'Member when signing GI was a fait accompli and even announced? 'Member when Kahu and Macca leaving and having them off our books was a fait accompli? 'Member when putting performance clauses in contracts was a fait accompli?

Don't trust anything this organisation says until there are quotes from the other connected party in agreement.

Well to be fair I dont think they have said anything... so you're probably right and he will turn up as CEO for the titans

So yeah he's probably still going to the titans and they just haven't announced it yet
😕 😕

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
It seemed like it was happening, especially with him stepping down when he did and White extending to the exact date which The Don would be available from.

Things have gone quiet though and the broncos are great at not landing sure things.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
It seemed like it was happening, especially with him stepping down when he did and White extending to the exact date which The Don would be available from.

Things have gone quiet though and the broncos are great at not landing sure things.
Can't announce it until his contract allows it. I'm sure he'll be announced in February or whenever. A bit late but it's better to wait for a good CEO than sign someone who's shit just because they're available.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
A positive way to view is it that he has told them to keep it quiet or he is gone, being from the Storm, he knows the importance of keeping things quiet. You don’t hear absolutely anything coming out of there.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
A positive way to view is it that he has told them to keep it quiet or he is gone, being from the Storm, he knows the importance of keeping things quiet. You don’t hear absolutely anything coming out of there.

You hear a lot coming out of there.

There’s been shit loads of stuff coming out of there over the years. The same type of stuff the Broncos have been criticized for on here. No different to any other club.

It’s being kept quiet because there’s nothing to report on. It’s been reported on that the Broncos are in talks, it’s been reported on that he is likely to come, especially after White re-signed until his contract is up, and nothing can be announced yet.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
anyone know much about Xavier Willison?

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017

@The Don << this bloke?
Versatile as he may be, no thanks.

Last edited:
W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
anyone know much about Xavier Willison?
Aside from the text below, he has a rude haircut and he looks like a giant.
16628791 A251 44DA 8875 E6CC385388BC

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Willison is a Kiwi import who was the bedrock of PBC's pack in this year's Langer Cup. He wasn't as destructive as Haas or Fifita but he was a stand out and looked like a genuine NRL prospect.

I need to watch some more of their campaign, but I thought he and Va'a (another Broncos prospect) had a good stand-off in PBC's clash with St Mary's.

If you want to see more of him and Deine, you can catch all the Langer Cup action on vimeo. Just search PBC Langer on vimeo and all of Red Corner's videos will come up.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Willison is a Kiwi import who was the bedrock of PBC's pack in this year's Langer Cup. He wasn't as destructive as Haas or Fifita but he was a stand out and looked like a genuine NRL prospect.

I need to watch some more of their campaign, but I thought he and Va'a (another Broncos prospect) had a good stand-off in PBC's clash with St Mary's.

If you want to see more of him and Deine, you can catch all the Langer Cup action on vimeo. Just search PBC Langer on vimeo and all of Red Corner's videos will come up.

Or just watch the Titans and Roosters in a couple of years when these kids are signed by them on inflated but purely above board and totally legit salaries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Skathen
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.