Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Kevin Locke, former Warrior, a possibility of sneaking a deal with us for next year. He is 31, but could provide a bit of an option for fullback.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Wow, those rehab guys must have some serious clout around the club
relax ... the report was he was either signing with the Ipswich Jets or Souths Logan Magpies.

Ipswich has links to Newcastle and Souths Logan are affiliated with us. there is no suggestion from anyone that he is even going be on a train and trial deal with us. they've linked him to us and the Knights, based on our affiliates, who can sign any player they want, 90% of which probably will never get a look in with their NRL affiliate

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Kevin Locke, former Warrior, a possibility of sneaking a deal with us for next year. He is 31, but could provide a bit of an option for fullback.
sick vomit GIF by CBS

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
As much of a gun Kevin Locke was at running the full field to score several times a game if you used him as hooker in rugby league live, I don’t think he would be able to translate those skills into being a good fullback for the broncos.

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
As much of a gun Kevin Locke was at running the full field to score several times a game if you used him as hooker in rugby league live, I don’t think he would be able to translate those skills into being a good fullback for the broncos.

Literally one of the first thoughts in my head when I saw the article, glad it wasn't just me.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
maybe we're just not interested in him ...

and it seems like we're not the only ones ... even those "well run" or desperate clubs aren't biting, even at 300k
That is such a daft way to look at things. Why on Earth would that have any relevance for us?

If I was Melbourne or the Roosters and I had a stacked spine and already had a squad that was likely to be competing for a Premiership next year then I probably wouldn't be so tempted either.

But we're the Broncos, and we have perhaps the worst spine both in terms of quality and depth in the competition, and we've just finished competing for the spoon, so I think in those circumstances I'd be far, far more tempted to take a risk on the likes of Widdop.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That is such a daft way to look at things. Why on Earth would that have any relevance for us?

If I was Melbourne or the Roosters and I had a stacked spine and already had a squad that was likely to be competing for a Premiership next year then I probably wouldn't be so tempted either.

But we're the Broncos, and we have perhaps the worst spine both in terms of quality and depth in the competition, and we've just finished competing for the spoon, so I think in those circumstances I'd be far, far more tempted to take a risk on the likes of Widdop.

Finished 'competing' for the spoon?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Not sure we should take up this option. Had some big off field issues with his last playing group

He only lasted one trial and one game at the Falcons. Went home for wedding and never came back.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
So is most of the world then. He hasn't played in over 12 months, couldn't handle it at Souths and is back at the Hunters for this year. Why would you take that on?

What's he shown that tells you he would turn it around this time? (Please don't post a youtube clip.)
Yes.. We can look globally. We don't have to sign Copley and Mead just because the names are familiar. I saw that Tigers have now signed Gebbie on a train and trial anyway.. So just another player we missed the boat on. Gebbie is a gun and you shall see. For it has been written in the prophecy that a man named Gebbie will run the length of the field and make you poop yourself.

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Yes.. We can look globally. We don't have to sign Copley and Mead just because the names are familiar. I saw that Tigers have signed Gebbie anyway.. So just another player we missed the boat on. You can be as patronising as you like with me but that doesn't change the fact that I am right. Gebbie is a gun and you shall see. For it has been written in the prophecy that a man named Gebbie will run the length of the field and make you poop yourself.

Mate I have seen him play all of his 37 ISC games in full. He hasn't signed with the Tigers he is back doing pre-season with the Hunters.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Mate I have seen him play all of his 37 ISC games in full. He hasn't signed with the Tigers he is back doing pre-season with the Hunters.
I clarified that he is on a train and trial deal. Maybe I am wrong. We'll have to find out. If Broncos signed him, I'd be happier than when we signed Copley or Mead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Skathen
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.