Broncos vs Bulldogs Highlights - Round 26, 2013.

Do as I say, not as I do?

Regarding the Thaiday move, it was wreckless and if we had have lost that game I am sure many people would be questioning his commitment given that he allows himself time to be a crowd pleaser and at the same time insult the Dogs.

He said in the post game press conference that he can't remember doing it. He said he blacked out for about 30 seconds. How true that is, I don't know. But watching it back he looked to be in la-la land.

He said in the post game press conference that he can't remember doing it. He said he blacked out for about 30 seconds. How true that is, I don't know. But watching it back he looked to be in la-la land.
Well if he was concussed than I withdraw my comments about what he did, however if that was the case he should have been removed from the field.

I reckon they should throw the book at him and suspend him for at least 2 years. That's just unheard of!

Reading your posts is pretty much equal to hearing a continuous droning whine. :001_rolleyes:
not as bad as wongy

Was thinking at the time he looked out of it. Thaiday just lost the title of slamming Sam. It's burgess now

Oh puh-lease, he did not stop any Bulldogs players from packing in, no-one else was even there! It was literally 4 seconds from half time, he probably thought the ref wouldn't stop the clock because no Bulldog was there to pack into that spot. He packs in, ref calls time off so they get a shot. He doesn't pack in, it's half time. It's a total non-issue.

HOWEVER - he is the Broncos captain. As such, I expect nothing but the most professional on-field behaviour. For a captain of a professional football team, it was rubbish and I don't agree with it. Thaiday ain't a captain's arsehole.

Oh puh-lease, he did not stop any Bulldogs players from packing in, no-one else was even there!.
Yeah he did stop them packing into the scrum, the referee blew time off as soon as he did it but still cost them a second or two.

For those who say it was a non event, imagine if Gallen came running up and did that against Brisbane, would it still be no problem?

Sam Thaiday Packs In Bulldogs Scrum. - YouTube

It's all about context.

The Dogs were acting like a bunch of headless chooks in a game that virtually meant nothing. It was a morale booster and it drew a great reaction from the crowd.

If Gallen did it in the same circumstance I'd find it funny.

It's all about context.

The Dogs were acting like a bunch of headless chooks in a game that virtually meant nothing. It was a morale booster and it drew a great reaction from the crowd.

If Gallen did it in the same circumstance I'd find it funny.

Pete, isn't it so nice to be blessed with a sense of humour? :laugh:

Yeah he did stop them packing into the scrum, the referee blew time off as soon as he did it but still cost them a second or two.

For those who say it was a non event, imagine if Gallen came running up and did that against Brisbane, would it still be no problem?

I found it funny. Really, is it a big deal? It's just a game after all

If Gallen did it, I'd want him banned for life, because Gallen's a giant douche.

Cost who a second or two? If Thaiday doesn't pack in, time runs out to half time. No-one was there when he packed in, a Bulldog came running in afterwards but the 5 who were there still weren't organised anyway. He did the Dogs a favour, geez, have a sense of humour. Agreed with banning Gallen for life just for being a douche :thumbup1: Total non-issue IMO.

A professional foul could have very easily been given. I found it funny, as a matter of fact I loved it, but not something you should see from your captain. What happens if the ref does call a professional foul and then they score a try off it? No-one would be laughing then.

A professional foul could have very easily been given. I found it funny, as a matter of fact I loved it, but not something you should see from your captain. What happens if the ref does call a professional foul and then they score a try off it? No-one would be laughing then.

I'd actually laugh a lot harder.

As for the highlight video, Hunt showed some great vision a few times again. If he can do that consistently he could be a very decent half. Maranta showed footwork I had no idea he was capable of. He might be a decent player if he gets over his crippling sideline/tryline phobias.

I thought Thaiday packing in the scrum was endearing. Not something I'd normally associate with him. To me, the game was an exhibition game anyway. It had no bearing on the Broncos' season, and minimal on the Bulldog's (if anything, it was in their interests to lose). The mood in the crowd was pretty jovial, wishing Prince a happy farewell, watching the boys fight for a small amount of respect, and of course ridiculing Ennis every time he bitched to the refs. Oh and Barba returning from injury to face his team-to-be. All the makings of an enjoyable game, as long as the contest remained remotely even. Sammy packing in got a very positive reception from both camps in the crowd.

I couldn't believe it, has that ever been done before? What other funny stories are there? Anyone got something? There's been some good falcons.

I thought Hunt and Hoffman played well. Any update on Hoffman's injury?

Active Now

• sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.