Broncos vs Bulldogs Highlights - Round 26, 2013.

Very nice Brett, thank you!

Just missing Thaiday's best action of the night in the Dogs scrum... :tongue_smilie:

I couldn't remember who let Glenn waltz through for his early linebreak. Nice to see it was Tony Williams again.
He has to be up there with Adam Blair as the worst high profile buy in years.

I couldn't remember who let Glenn waltz through for his early linebreak. Nice to see it was Tony Williams again.
He has to be up there with Adam Blair as the worst high profile buy in years.
He read that Hoffman 1-2 play pretty well, even if he took Josh high. But yeah, for his price tag, he is a massive disappointment.

Very nice Brett, thank you!

Just missing Thaiday's best action of the night in the Dogs scrum... :tongue_smilie:
What he did was f**king stupid and he should have been penalized. By not allowing their own players to pack he was denying them time to pack into the scrum.

What he did was f**king stupid and he should have been penalized. By not allowing their own players to pack he was denying them time to pack into the scrum.
I reckon they should throw the book at him and suspend him for at least 2 years. That's just unheard of!

Reading your posts is pretty much equal to hearing a continuous droning whine. :001_rolleyes:

Quick question as I didn't watch the game, did the Morris shoulder charge get penalised?

Quick question as I didn't watch the game, did the Morris shoulder charge get penalised?

The one on Oates as he broke down the left side? Yep it was penalised and led to our first try from the resultant set. We were lucky though, it was not a shoulder charge IMO but was a body bump/collision and should not have been penalised.

Last edited:
I disagree, in the replay you can see Morris does exactly what is described as a shoulder charge in the new rule.

The one on Oates as he broke down the left side? Yep it was penalised and led to our first try from the resultant set. We were lucky though, it was not a shoulder charge IMO but was a body bump/collision and should not have been penalised.

Technically he didn't use his arms, so by the book it was a shoulder charge. But the glaring inconsistency with the rule doesn't take in to account that Oates arguably shoulder-charged Morris, and if Morris at the time had slipped or gone in lower, could have been badly injured. You can't have it ruled one way and not the other. But that's a debate for the shoulder charge thread.

Yeah pretty soft penalty really. Oates likes to pin his ears back and try his luck along that line tho

Oates made two 40m+ out linebreaks down the touch line in recent weeks...both times tackled into touch too.

How about we stick to commenting the opinions and leave the authors be?

Reading your posts is pretty much equal to hearing a continuous droning whine. :001_rolleyes:

Do as I say, not as I do?

Regarding the Thaiday move, it was wreckless and if we had have lost that game I am sure many people would be questioning his commitment given that he allows himself time to be a crowd pleaser and at the same time insult the Dogs.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.