Broncos won't sign Star talent

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
Oh FFS, I was all for giving Dugan a new home and a new chance to show he has even a semblance of a brain, until... He went full retard on twitter while he was under contract negotiations.

I fully support the club's stance at that point, because if Dugan is that stupid at such a critical time, I don't believe he won't be once he gets comfy again.

I don't care whether he does well or not, and I certainly won't use his performances as an excuse to bag the club, unlike other people who actually hope it happens!

Agreed. The damage that Dugan could have ended up doing to the Broncos' reputation was too great a risk. Besides, there were no gurrantees he would have added a whole lot to our attack anyway.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
By the players fans here want bought for the club or the players they want brought into the team as knee jerk reactions, I am bloody glad the fans on Broncos HQ have no input in recruitment.
let us just have our own opinions which in 90% of cases are just not good for the club

Well, I wasn't talking about EVERY fan on here. I'm referring to the ones who at least have some grasp of how the Broncos could create a better team, not the ones who think Luke Capewell should be our halfback and Joe Bond should be our fullback.

Being the richest club in the NRL means nothing, we still can't spend anymore money than the poorest club can on players

My point is that there is no financial deterrent to stop us from buying a player worth $500k+.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
On the flip side there's no guarantee he would have damaged the Broncos' reputation and he most likely would have added a whole lot to our attack. We may have even got a great fullback who would be a Bronco for life... We also may have got a dickhead who hasn't changed but that's what strict contract conditions are for.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yup, no real risk in taking dugan on. If he fucked up, we kick him out on his ass and will be looked at as a club that at least gave him a chance. Dragons will reap the rewards from this

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Yup, no real risk in taking dugan on. If he fucked up, we kick him out on his ass and will be looked at as a club that at least gave him a chance. Dragons will reap the rewards from this
Pretty sure that is exactly what happened...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yes yes yes. Nothing like the danger of twitter to a mighty football club.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Well it would give us an advantage in paying transfer fees. But certainly it's not something we look to do so yeah, we get no benefit from it.

Transfer fees are still included in the cap. The things that you can spend more than the poor clubs is training facilities, coaching staff, operations staff, junior development, recruitment costs, and marketing. Which should be a massive advantage. Unfortunately in practice it just means we are fantastic at identifying talent, developing them, and giving them the best opportunities to perform. So other clubs can buy them out from under us once they start producing the goods. In terms of parity, you have to suck it up, but it makes you pissed off that clubs do f**k all leg work and just buy established stars.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Can we now stop this crap about being happy with what we have. What we have is crap......we shouldn't resign any of them.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Can we now stop this crap about being happy with what we have. What we have is crap......we shouldn't resign any of them.

you know it, we know it .... but the dopes who're in charge of this club don't know it ....

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
If I by law had to own 25 cars, but only had a certain budget in which to buy them, if someone offered me a car that I had to previously sell because it was costing too much, but was now less than a third of when I sold it, I'd sure as hell fill one of my 25 spots with it, especially if it was one that had done the job for me before.

What ??

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Looks like we didn't miss Cam Smith, he rejected us at 17 years old. Griffin scouted him for Melbourne
http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...areer-with-storm/story-fn8m0u8i-1226652197367

Damn you Griffin!

tumblr_me62v0i8fc1ryw9z1o1_500.gif

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I was just wondering is it that the Broncos won't try hard enough to sign star talent or that we can't attract the star talent?

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Painin the Haas
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Skathen
  • Alec
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.