Chris Walker says what we're all thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
I just hate the storms why is everybody picking on me attitude, espicially after the salary cap crap of last year

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Tall poppy syndrome at it's finest.

BS

It's not Tall poppy syndrome.

Storm officials, fans believe they are always hard done by.

They cheat the cap & it's Gallop's fault they were fined etc.

They employ illegal wrestling techniques etc & it's the Rugby League community fault.

Then ban the tackles outright instead of singling out the team that does it best.

I thought they did.

But the Storm then come up with a different tactic.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I don't have a problem with the Storm. Sure they cheated and got caught and had to hand back their premierships, but as they've shown recently .. .even without the stars that have gone, they are still a skilfully coached team.

All this wrestle/grapple **** is bad for the game for sure, but Melbourne are in no way the only team that does it.

To say otherwise is to put your head fairly up your own arse.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Everyone knows that all teams employ wrestling into their tactics, but not to the extent that it makes the game painful to watch at times, like Melbourne does.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I don't have a problem with the Storm. Sure they cheated and got caught and had to hand back their premierships, but as they've shown recently .. .even without the stars that have gone, they are still a skilfully coached team.

Wow they got rid of Inglis. (because he follows the money)

Some of the players they got rid of, weren't the top players & or were going to leave anyway.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
If you were a sports fan trying to get into rugby league, watching the Storm would turn you away from the game.

And for those in Victardia who the NRL are aiming to draw in with the storm, it does exactly what you said.. Turns them away.

AFL may be all kick and clap, gimme a point cause i missed garbage. But it's a hell of A lot more exciting than the Storm.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Chris Walker has just gone up massively in my books.

I just hate the storms why is everybody picking on me attitude, espicially after the salary cap crap of last year

You and me both buddy. They got off so lightly too. They pretty much made Rugby League Null and void for 2 seasons and in other seasons, ruined teams chances at glory by beating them in finals matches when they were flat out cheating. They should have either been expelled from the league, suspended for several seasons or at the very least all contracts should have been voided and Melbourne have to start over again. But all they got was stuff taken off them that shouldn't have been theirs, yet no further sanctions. It's just like a criminal is found guilty of robbing a bank and his punishment is giving the money back to the bank but no jail time. In other sports, or even rugby league, If a player is found out for cheating, by way of using performance enhancing drugs that player has all his individual honours stripped and will be suspended from competition for around 15 months.

The Storm got off pretty much and They act like they are hard done by. **** that club.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Epic lolz are being had right now.

So some people are blaming Melbourne for their games being boring despite the fact that with ball in hand they're one of the most exciting teams in the league? Defence isn't about being exciting, it's about stopping the ball carrier. Blame the OTHER team for not being able to counter melbournes defensive tactics.

And about this third man in tackle - yes Melbourne do it, but they don't do the DANGEROUS version where someone charges in and hits the legs - they just get someone to drop down to the legs and hold them while the top 2-3 defenders turn the guy around so he lands on his back. It's not dangerous, it's not against any moral or technical rules. It's just smart.

And really guys, listening to one of the worst defenders you'll ever see, who was also sacked from the club, badmouth his former club? Some of you have hit a new low. It's funny that some of you applaud him "for saying what everyone else is thinking" but then turn around and criticize Melbourne for an anonymous "club insider" calling walker out and saying what most people think about him as well is just laughable. One person can say what they think but another can't? Hypocrites.

And let's not forget that many of you guys have said numerous times in the past that you don't care HOW your team wins as long as they win!!! When I said that I'd rather lose than win dirty everyone lined up to have a go at me and say that winning was all that mattered lololololololol.

Melbourne aren't doing anything to hurt rugby league. The nrl don't want fast play the balls. The nrl don't want care if you have 4 people in a tackle. The nrl encourage holding down in play the balls and wrestling. Melbourne are just the beat team at playing within the nrl rules.

It IS tall poppy syndrome.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
well that was predictable. :rolleyes:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yup. Storm Stu strikes again

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
This thread just got boring, because now if anyone argues with AP it will turn into a merry go round of insults and Ning/Nashy will be forced to warn us.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
If you were a sports fan trying to get into rugby league, watching the Storm would turn you away from the game.

Wait - what? Talk to the most casual RL fans you can, and they'll rarely mention defence. People are drawn to sports by attacking plays. That's why Jarryd Hayne, Billy Slater, Benji Marshall are household names and Shaun Fensom, Dallas Johnson and David Stagg aren't. The best thing you can show a potential fan is a scything linebreak or blind pass.
Defence only ever comes into their estimations when it goes wrong. To say that novice fans will be turned off the game over tackling techniques is stupid. If anything it will endear the Storm to Melbournians, because they concede so few points as a result of it.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm still trying to work out on which planet Storm are an entertaining attacking team? Other than Slater, and maybe Widdop, they're pretty one dimensional.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm still trying to work out on which planet Storm are an entertaining attacking team? Other than Slater, and maybe Widdop, they're pretty one dimensional.

They rate highly among WWE wrestling fans in America...

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Nope, Being a WWE fan the Storms wrestling is to slow for even that.

Think more UFC, but all take downs with no blood or balls.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Ap it's not the third man leg tackle that's the issue, it's the forearms and shins into the calves,neck arms etc. I don't want to watch UFC while watching the footy

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
And really guys, listening to one of the worst defenders you'll ever see, who was also sacked from the club, badmouth his former club? Some of you have hit a new low. It's funny that some of you applaud him "for saying what everyone else is thinking" but then turn around and criticize Melbourne for an anonymous "club insider" calling walker out and saying what most people think about him as well is just laughable. One person can say what they think but another can't? Hypocrites.

And let's not forget that many of you guys have said numerous times in the past that you don't care HOW your team wins as long as they win!!! When I said that I'd rather lose than win dirty everyone lined up to have a go at me and say that winning was all that mattered

So it's back to talking about YOU.

Walker was told by the Broncos to POQ DCM, because of his 'attitude' & I can't remember him bad mouthing the club.

Walker was also sacked from the Titans & he didn't bad mouth the club.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.