Chris Walker says what we're all thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
So every other team employs the tactic of slowing down the ruck for like 4 seconds by having 2 men tackle high and 1 player around the legs? They dong just do this every now and then, they do it consistently. It's slow, boring and like Coxy said, Melbourne are in it for Melbourne. If it was the Broncos employing those tactics I'd be embarrassed to be honest.

Watching a game between the Titans and Eels is more entertaining than watching these ****wits. Same thing happened in AFL when the Swans were one of the heavyweights, they were successful but boring!!!

But having said that, at least the Storm have fast centres......

Every team attempts to slow the ruck and wrestle, they just don't know how to do it as well as Bellamy despite their best attempts.

That's your call. Personally, I don't think that many sides are playing an exciting brand of footy this year and Melbourne are one of the better teams to watch purely based on quality. I don't want them to be succesful, as I want Darren Lockyer to bow out an even more succesful champion, but credit where it's due, Melbourne are the best at what they do and deserve to be leading the competition.

Wish I could say different, but our boys simply weren't good enough in Melbourne.

And Melbourne were **** in Brisbane.

Which is why I think we can beat them again if we meet them. If we can go the distance, I believe we have more talent around the park.

I find Melbourne very entertaining because they are such an efficient unit, you people should be bagging the NRL not the Storm as they have never come down hard enough on wrestling and now everyone does it. Storm are just the best at it and at finding new ways to slow down the play the ball.

I don't have a problem with the Storm. Sure they cheated and got caught and had to hand back their premierships, but as they've shown recently .. .even without the stars that have gone, they are still a skilfully coached team.

All this wrestle/grapple **** is bad for the game for sure, but Melbourne are in no way the only team that does it.

To say otherwise is to put your head fairly up your own arse.

This is how I feel. Can't stand their supporters and I can't but help but laugh at those at the club who think they were hardly done by last year. Having said all of that I admire the way they have shot back to the top of the pack. Bellamy is a great coach for the way he turns unheralded players into well drilled players that can drop into the side and play a role to perfrection.

And having said all of that... there's no team I like beating more than those bastards and we are quite capable of knocking them over in the finals. If we do end up playing them we are a huuuuuuuge chance.

I find Melbourne very entertaining because they are such an efficient unit, you people should be bagging the NRL not the Storm as they have never come down hard enough on wrestling and now everyone does it. Storm are just the best at it and at finding new ways to slow down the play the ball.

YOU PEOPLE? what do you mean YOU PEOPLE?

As far as attack goes I think the Storm are exciting. They run similar plays to everyone else in the comp but the variations they have on it is exciting.

The thing about the Melbourne D is they come in late with that 3rd man in and slow it down further. It's like the ref won't blow the whistle and call held until that 3rd man comes in. So many times you see a player trying to stand and you think it's held, but in that split second Cam Smith or someone will come in and drop the player.

I just wish the ref's would call them consistently.

I just wanna know why this ''The biggest thing that pisses us off is that he wants to get into our tackling technique - this coming from a bloke who couldn't tackle'' is a disgraceful slur against Chris Walker....isn't it the cold hard truth?

I just wanna know why this ''The biggest thing that pisses us off is that he wants to get into our tackling technique - this coming from a bloke who couldn't tackle'' is a disgraceful slur against Chris Walker....isn't it the cold hard truth?

True or not, it's an insult to a player who, regardless of what people think of him, played State of Origin. For a club official to show disrespect is just plain wrong. It's no different than the annual hoopla about players naming an overrated player in the RLW poll.

They signed him knowing he 'couldn't tackle'

So it's back to talking about YOU.

Walker was told by the Broncos to POQ DCM, because of his 'attitude' & I can't remember him bad mouthing the club.

Walker was also sacked from the Titans & he didn't bad mouth the club.
no its not back to talking about me - i was pointing out that the stance some people are taking now of "I would be ashamed/disgraced/embarrassed to win the way that Melbourne do" is the EXACT opposite of what they said when we have talked about it before when referring to the Broncos. back then it was "I don't care/It doesn't matter how we win, a win is a win". so when its the Broncos its "any win is fine", but when its the Storm its "if they win in a way that I dont like then its embarrassing/disgraceful even though its perfectly within the rules of the game".

and to anyone calling the Storms attack boring........lol. mustnt have actually watched many storm games this year. Cameron Smith has been incredible with ball in hand, running the ball 10x more than he has in previous season. Cronk has been on fire, and both Smith and Cronks combination with Slater is without doubt the best in the league. Slater has been arguably the player of the season as well, wouldnt surprise me if hes right up there in the Dally M voting yet again.

what it really comes down to is that those that dont like the storm will find a way to say theyre boring/cheats/etc etc etc. they could score 5 length of the field tries every game and theyd still stick to their "theyre boring" story.

For a club official to show disrespect is just plain wrong.
who said it was a club official? all i saw was "an anonymous club insider". that could be a groundsman, a reserve grade player, or the freaking guy cleaning out the toilets. it could even, shock horror, be 100% made up to sell newspapers.

They signed him knowing he 'couldn't tackle'
and? they didnt sign him for his tackling ability. dont you see the irony in one of the worst defenders to ever play in the NRL coming out and criticising someone else about tackling techniques?

Last edited:
There is nothing "immoral", "illegal", "dangerous" or any of the other emotive adjectives flying around this thread about the way the Storm's defensive unit works as a team. Everything they attempt to do is within the rules and other clubs are forced to try to copy what Melbourne develops because they simply do stuff better.

I hate Melbourne because they are the Broncos main rivals but geez I like watching them play. Everyone (rightly) hates them for the salary cap scandal but try to separate that hate from what is purely good, scientific rugby league technique that uses the rules and predicts how the refs will interpret the rules to the team's advantage.

I agree that the storm's attack isn't boring. But they turn a game boring by slowing down the play the ball of the opposition. Thus making for a boring game.

There is nothing "immoral", "illegal", "dangerous" or any of the other emotive adjectives flying around this thread about the way the Storm's defensive unit works as a team. Everything they attempt to do is within the rules and other clubs are forced to try to copy what Melbourne develops because they simply do stuff better.

I hate Melbourne because they are the Broncos main rivals but geez I like watching them play. Everyone (rightly) hates them for the salary cap scandal but try to separate that hate from what is purely good, scientific rugby league technique that uses the rules and predicts how the refs will interpret the rules to the team's advantage.
This ^^^^

I just hope we meet them in the final and serve them the same recipe as in 2006! :finger:

I agree 100% I find it hard to hate a team that plays like they do with the ball in hand and with QLD'ers in key positions pulling the strings.

End of thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Manlyman
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • Rambstien
  • Manofoneway
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Lostboy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.