Grand Final Meet Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grand Final Meet Up - TOUCH WOOD/NOT TEMPTING FATE/IF WE MAKE IT, IFFFFF

This will be close to a $1000 day trip. The airfares ATM are around $550 return, a decent ticket $160, chuck in a few rums and food. I'm still good to go though but the long weekend means we get pumped on the airfares and the later it's left the more we get pumped.

That much for airfares?

Only used to cost me $89 each way. But then again, that was middle of the year.

This is one thing the NRL have to start taking in consideration when deciding the price of tickets. Cost of airfares, accommodation, food, transport to the game (I'm pretty sure it's not free in Sydney)..

Instead, they charge a premium price and find it very hard to sell out games.. They have to resort to constantly giving away tickets.

It's getting to a point where you need to be well off to go to a game.

Last edited:

The boss has confirmed 100% her grudging tolerance for a get-together here. It'll be happening whether the Broncos make the GF or not. I might make a thread tomorrow with a poll of who can, who might, etc.

That much for airfares?

Only used to cost me $89 each way. But then again, that was middle of the year.

This is one thing the NRL have to start taking in consideration when deciding the price of tickets. Cost of airfares, accommodation, food, transport to the game (I'm pretty sure it's not free in Sydney)..

Instead, they charge a premium price and find it very hard to sell out games.. They have to resort to constantly giving away tickets.

It's getting to a point where you need to be well off to go to a game.

I priced everything last night and for myself and Mrs Dexter, the weekend would cost $3000. It's actually cheaper (by about $700 ) to go down on Friday morning and come back Tuesday if you stay at an air B&B.

Holy shit.

Big events like this come with free public transport for ticket holders.

Darn 3k maybe i should be renting out the spare room lol only about a 30 train trip from my house.

I priced everything last night and for myself and Mrs Dexter, the weekend would cost $3000. It's actually cheaper (by about $700 ) to go down on Friday morning and come back Tuesday if you stay at an air B&B.
yeah sounds about right, cost me and the wife $2000 back in 06. between hotels, flights, transport (you might be able to get transport to the game but what about to and from the airport, etc?), tickets and general spending money, it was a bit stiff.

but it was god damn worth it

yeah sounds about right, cost me and the wife $2000 back in 06. between hotels, flights, transport (you might be able to get transport to the game but what about to and from the airport, etc?), tickets and general spending money, it was a bit stiff.

but it was god damn worth it

Yeah it would be, can you guarantee another win?

Have a mate who will already be down there so there's accommodation sorted.

Soooo **** decision time

What seats look good Dex?
[MENTION=1848]ningnangnong[/MENTION] [MENTION=7802]broncos4life[/MENTION] [MENTION=7803]Broncoman[/MENTION] [MENTION=1813]pennywisealfie[/MENTION] [MENTION=1809]Fozz[/MENTION] [MENTION=8569]Rally Towel[/MENTION] [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION] how we looking?

Lol ****, I can't believe it!

WE FUCKING MADE IT!!!

Now what? Hahaha.

WE FUCKING MADE IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could we possibly ask the SBBS or the club to help us out? I imagine there'll be limit on how many tickets you can get together when they go on sale.

I'll be flying up from Melbourne and sitting with family, but if there's beer to be had before/after count me in.

WE FUCKING MADE IT!

We have to decide how to get there and when we come back minimum stay anywhere is 2. Nights . Seat wise I say the best we can

Last edited:

You can buy them right now for some reason.

There will be plenty 2 non Sydney teams the flights will be hardest if the cows make it so best to get them tomorrow

I can get eight tickets max together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Aldo
  • Jazza
  • Old Mate
  • theshed
  • Fitzy
  • scobie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Mick_Hancock
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Tim K
  • broncsgoat
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.