NEWS Matt Gillett Retires

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Yep, I had a feeling this was coming.

Great servant to the club, and this is a horrible way to end his career. He got more of a chance than Yow Yeh at least, played for his state and country, was apart of QLD's dynasty, came within a Hunt brain explosion of a premiership, and now is forced into retirement with a fucked neck and shoulder.

Cheers for being so selfless, Matt. We desperately needed it. Croft will be announced Monday morning, I'd wager.

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
I'm not sure why this has struck such a nerve with you, I didn't mention you at all and nor did I imply that your reasoning is incorrect, just that if people are going to have the discussion it is better suited elsewhere - cause you know, it'll end up in a shitfight and the whole point of the thread will be derailed like any other thread here.
What a load of shit. You didn’t just suggest the discussion be moved. You specifically accused us of climbing all over each other to downplay a legend and of acting in poor taste and that’s a moronic summary of what was said. You also suggested that the only reason was recency bias and that’s just insulting.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
What a load of shit. You didn’t just suggest the discussion be moved. You specifically accused us of climbing all over each other to downplay a legend and of acting in poor taste and that’s a moronic summary of what was said. You also suggested that the only reason was recency bias and that’s just insulting.
Okay mate, you can continue to infer whatever you like from what I wrote, and I'll just stick to the words I wrote (and the acknowledgement of others, evidently they haven't digested it as a personal attack either).

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
Okay mate, you can continue to infer whatever you like from what I wrote, and I'll just stick to the words I wrote (and the acknowledgement of others, evidently they haven't digested it as a personal attack either).
Is English your first language? How do you not get what I have “inferred” from a direct reading of your post. You state clearly that we were in poor taste, climbing all over each other to downplay a legend and that’s just bullshit. It wasn’t happening at all. And you said we were doing it because of recency bias which clearly means not only is our opinion not valid but you know why we are wrong. So you deserve a **** you. Tell me what in your post I have misquoted here.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Is English your first language? How do you not get what I have “inferred” from a direct reading of your post. You state clearly that we were in poor taste, climbing all over each other to downplay a legend and that’s just bullshit. It wasn’t happening at all. And you said we were doing it because of recency bias which clearly means not only is our opinion not valid but you know why we are wrong. So you deserve a **** you. Tell me what in your post I have misquoted here.
I really think you should stop climbing over people due to your recency bias.

Last edited:
Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
I really think you should stop climbing over people due to your recency bias.
And I think you should stop being smarmy and cherry picking one thing out of a post and saying that’s all you said when there was actually quite a bit more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
And I think you should stop being smarmy and cherry picking one thing out of a post and saying that’s all you said when there was actually quite a bit more.
Have you had some head trauma recently? Let it go mate, only one person has taken offense and everyone's moved on - I will be too, but you are more than welcome to the final word. Be sure to include recency bias though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Thanks for the memories Matt. I'll never forget the game against Souths where they made an intercept on their try line and ran 90 odd to score. On the next set (?) you did the exact same thing to them, with that rolling just odd as **** running style.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Simmer down boys, no need to get personal.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013

What a wordsmith

Active Now

• Santa
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.