Melbourne Are Just Awesome

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Top four material ??! Think someone had a little too much red cordial this afternoon...

Melbourne and Souths are like the only decent teams this year. you could put anyone in the top 4 and they would pale in comparison to those two.

Re: What's Happened? Why the massive turnaround?

Melbourne and Souths are like the only decent teams this year. you could put anyone in the top 4 and they would pale in comparison to those two.

I didn't see anything from either of these teams tonight to make me think we aren't capable of beating both.

I didn't see anything from either of these teams tonight to make me think we aren't capable of beating both.

As far as I'm concerned, we drew with Melbourne. We are a better team since then.

Then you aren't watching closely enough.

Then you aren't watching closely enough.

What are you watching then ....?

We beat Melbourne 20-12 in the 2nd half a couple weeks ago. A bit more of the bounce of the ball and we would have got up

Watching the Bunnies last night.......meh, I was a bit nonplussed by their performance. Apart from the Inglis factor and to a degree Reynolds, nothing about them is too scary

edit that. George Burgess is fucken scary .....but, it's nothing we can't handle.

The thing is with the Storm they pretty much play at the same level every game while other clubs manage to take it to another level come finals time most years.

Winning the second half against the storm, while nice, isn't really indicative of us being able to beat them. They were up by 14 or whatever at halftime, they had the game in the bag. How they play from there out would be different to how they play if the scores are even or they're behind. You only needed to watch the wests game to see this in action. They were virtually out of that match, but when the time came for action it was just the slater/cronk/smith show once again.

to beat them wed need to do that second half in the first half, then defend like our season depends on it. If we continue improving at the rate we have been, its not impossible. I think we could be in luck this year that the playing field seems to be more evenly bad apart from the storm, souths and manly. The bulldogs seem to have dropped a notch or 2, and teams like the knights and eels look good one week then terrible the next. If we show up like Friday, we can win 75% of our games.

What are you watching then ....?

We beat Melbourne 20-12 in the 2nd half a couple weeks ago. A bit more of the bounce of the ball and we would have got up

Watching the Bunnies last night.......meh, I was a bit nonplussed by their performance. Apart from the Inglis factor and to a degree Reynolds, nothing about them is too scary

edit that. George Burgess is fucken scary .....but, it's nothing we can't handle.

lmao, righto...

The thing is with the Storm they pretty much play at the same level every game while other clubs manage to take it to another level come finals time most years.

...Don't think I've seen too many if any teams take it to the level Melbourne did during last years finals ...

...Don't think I've seen too many if any teams take it to the level Melbourne did during last years finals ...

I'd imagine it would be tough with those purple glasses on. Wasn't necessarily talking about last year.

Melbourne will be preliminary finalists at worst, if we make it that far I hope we get a shot at beating them at full strength.

I'd imagine it would be tough with those purple glasses on. Wasn't necessarily talking about last year.

no, I just know an outstanding footy side when I see one and i can acknowledge that even if it isn't the team I support.

What's Happened? Why the massive turnaround?

The Storm are much more beatable come finals time as opposed to the regular season IMO.

Going to take a hell of an effort to go back to back. If there's one team that could do it, it's the one that has Bellamy as coach and a team consisting of Slater, Cronk & Smith but even then this task could be too high.

Great effort to start the season 6-0. They haven't been utterly amazing, but clearly a class above every side they've played over the 80 and the crazy thing is everything just looks effortless. There's a balance to their side, they have the X-Factor players in Slater, Widdop & O'Neil - the generals in Cronk and C. Smith and a supporting cast of big boppers, hard-workers, athletic fringe runners and backs looking to make some impact. It's hard to really pin-point a weakness. I suppose you can try and take them on in the middle and target them with bombs but you've basically got to play a very commited game to even stand a chance.

I'm looking forward to Souths vs. Manly. I reckon Manly at this stage are the second best team in the competition.

**** Melbourne, one of their 3 is due for a season ending injury soon enough and then their chances will be blown. We've had our premiership chances blown multiple times by a key player being injured. Melbourne is the only side to never have an injury in a key match in the last 7 years.

Yeah, Melbourne have been great for 7 years now, it's nothing new.

Well yeah, rorting the salary cap in what turned out to be one of the biggest scandals in Australian sporting history probably helped that.

I can understand the frustration.

On the one hand, it's not the Storm's fault they invested millions into the three best players in the game who are all at their prime and have never really had any serious run with injuries. That's just smart recruitment, retention and developing.

On the other, that development process wasn't exactly legal now was it? It's easy for a player to gain confidence and learn their trade in first grade when they're surrounded by a side that has a monetary advantage over others.

It comes down to how much or how little you care about that. Obviously, the majority of fans, particularly those who support a club like ours, will hold it against them. Others simply won't. Either way is a fair stance.

However, as a Broncos fan I feel it's my duty to hate those Melbourne players and say it in a terribly unconvincing manner.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Ondi
  • john1420
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.