• Norm Provan

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Andrew Johns

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • other? (please specify)

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Immortal.JPG

How come Brett Kenny who played with Parramatta from 1980-1993 ever gets mentioned by anyone? :confused:

He was the main pivot in the Eels dominance of the early 80's as he guided them to 5 grand finals and 4 premierships from 1981-1986
Played 265 games for Parra, 17 Origin games for NSW and 17 tests for Australia
In origin games when he was selected in the halves he came up against Wally Lewis 11 times and finished with an win loss ratio of 8-3 and the loses came early in his rep career. He also ran over the top of Lewis to secure NSW the 1985 series. The King never dominated Kenny.
He was also selected ahead of Lewis 3 times on the 1982 Kangaroo tour
He was in the top 100 players of the century and is regarded some of the finest players to play the game.

There isn't many highlights of him online but watch Parra's highlights of the 80's Kenny was a freak and needs to get mention. Don't think his immortal though, just deserves more praise and credit.

:eyebrow:
Interesting post. Very interesting.

I'm going to go away and ponder this. Perhaps every single person who followed Rugby League over the last 30 years is incorrect, and in fact, Brett Kenny is a better footballer than Wally Lewis.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'd hate to think I've been living a lie.

How come Brett Kenny who played with Parramatta from 1980-1993 ever gets mentioned by anyone?

He was the main pivot in the Eels dominance of the early 80's as he guided them to 5 grand finals and 4 premierships from 1981-1986
Played 265 games for Parra, 17 Origin games for NSW and 17 tests for Australia
In origin games when he was selected in the halves he came up against Wally Lewis 11 times and finished with an win loss ratio of 8-3 and the loses came early in his rep career. He also ran over the top of Lewis to secure NSW the 1985 series. The King never dominated Kenny.
He was also selected ahead of Lewis 3 times on the 1982 Kangaroo tour
He was in the top 100 players of the century and is regarded some of the finest players to play the game.

There isn't many highlights of him online but watch Parra's highlights of the 80's Kenny was a freak and needs to get mention. Don't think his immortal though, just deserves more praise and credit.

You have convinced me.

I want to pay homage to the great Brett Kenny. :respect:

Where can I go to see see his statue.

That's Laurie Daley. Kenny is unfairly forgotten.

Brett Kenny was a very good player and one of my all time favs but he was no Wally Lewis. I don't think he gets forgotten really, he was just that bit below the very best. which is where I see Joey.

Put it this way, if Johns was a Qlder there is no way he would be considered even close to immortal status.

That's Laurie Daley. Kenny is unfairly forgotten.

So tell me for real, why are you so insistent that Kenny is some immortal and it's a conspiracy that he's not being considered... Have you actually watched him play, besides YouTube highlights?

It reminds me of all those who got upset that Dave Brown & Dally Messenger haven't been inducted even though the list was clearly compiled post war. It's like, did you see these guys play? Or did you hear a historian give them a wrap, hence they should be immortals?

At the end of the day, this list doesn't deserve the attention it deserves. Immortals is an awesome name, but who cares what Ray Hadley, Ray Warren & Phil Rothfield think should be the next immortal? It'll be Johns and hopefully it causes such a stink people lose interest and instead places it towards the Hall of Fame.

So tell me for real, why are you so insistent that Kenny is some immortal and it's a conspiracy that he's not being considered... Have you actually watched him play, besides YouTube highlights?

I'm not saying his an immortal i'm saying that he was an absolutley outstanding player that deserves more credit. Don Bradman is to many Australia's greatest sportsmen but you need to be at least 80 or so to have seen him play. Just because you didn't see them play doesn't mean you can't have a comment about them. Also I didn't say he should be named and immortal in any of my previous posts.

Last edited:
I'm not saying his an immortal i'm saying that he was an absolutley outstanding player that deserves more credit. Don Bradman is to many Australia's greatest sportsmen but you need to be at least 80 or so to have seen him play. Just because you didn't see them play doesn't mean you can't have a comment about them. Also I didn't say he should be named and immortal in any of my previous posts.

But you did suggest that Kenny was better than Wally Lewis

I'm afraid that's gonna lose you some serious credibility mate

If Brett Kenny is better than Wally Lewis, then I'm fair dinkum better than Billy Slater

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Porthoz
  • Swordfish
  • Culhwch
  • LittleDavey
  • Mister Wright
  • sooticus
  • Volvo Driver
  • broncsgoat
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • RolledOates
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.