CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 18 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Professional pride.

But I'm not going to write him off, I think we'll get the best out of him.

It's one of those things, you either rate him or you don't.

Tesi had a great game for us last weekend and people were still carrying on about how terrible he was, end of the day these are young players being asked to play like the very elite, it takes time to get them there.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Walsh pushing a pass there and getting lucky earlier too on the wide one. He needs to set himself better against that rush defence. He doesn't skip right the same as he skips left to give himself space attacking the line.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
omg warriors want to drop the ball with these short passes at the line

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
poor marker D 😞

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
c'mon warrior bros

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That was Tesi bad awareness by Walsh.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Was expecting a backflip there, as part of try july

Would have been fitting

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Nice little play by Walsh for the repeat set.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I’m glad we got a decent deal for Walsh because I’m maintaining my opinion that he needs to really clean up parts of his game.

he’s looking like tesi but at least tesi is strong…I do think walshes footy IQ is higher however. That kick was an odd one though.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
RCG is a Guess Who character.

"Do they have a moustache?" is the only question he'd be able to be eliminated or confirmed by.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Geez, if I hear the word "moments" one more time!!! 🤬

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I’m glad we got a decent deal for Walsh because I’m maintaining my opinion that he needs to really clean up parts of his game.

he’s looking like tesi but at least tesi is strong…I do think walshes footy IQ is higher however. That kick was an odd one though.
Was thinking about this. When did RTS leave? I think he was really benefiting from his mentoring last year but he doesn't seem to have gotten enough before Roger left. Hopefully when he gets here, Boyd can put him back on track.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I see SBW has been paying a visit to Turp's barber.

dumb jim carrey GIF

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
That Taumalolo no try is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care much for the Cows but if that happened to us, I'd be filthy.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That Taumalolo no try is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care much for the Cows but if that happened to us, I'd be filthy.

Yep, critical moment in the game and the video ref pulls that one from his backside. Absolute mind blowingly stupid yet again. There is simply no reason whatsoever to come to that decision.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I thought the call against Hess when Finucane impeded him on the line was dodgy.

However I can live with the Taumalolo call. Since Robson was at dummy half, he really struggled to put himself behind Taumalolo and once Taumalolo got checked by Kennedy he really had to go through with the run.

I think if he had have denied just Hamlin-Uele you could argue that Hamlin-Uele made a defensive decision to impede himself and had an even easier path to Taumalolo had he chosen it, but with Toby Rudolf involved it tipped the scales.

What makes it a tough pill is that Robson clearly wasn't trying to impede anyone.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I thought the call against Hess when Finucane impeded him on the line was dodgy.

However I can live with the Taumalolo call. Since Robson was at dummy half, he really struggled to put himself behind Taumalolo and once Taumalolo got checked by Kennedy he really had to go through with the run.

I think if he had have denied just Hamlin-Uele you could argue that Hamlin-Uele made a defensive decision to impede himself and had an even easier path to Taumalolo had he chosen it, but with Toby Rudolf involved it tipped the scales.

What makes it a tough pill is that Robson clearly wasn't trying to impede anyone.

That last sentence is the key though isn’t it? I mean this seems to be what most people are crying out for, just a bit of common sense to be applied. Robson can’t just disappear there and he is an active support role, that has never been against the rules. Now if he was running alongside purely to get in the way, sure penalise him but this was just a bad call.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
The rorters will be playing with the ref as a 14th man for the rest of the season ofc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.