NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Knights need to sack o Brien as soon as they can, they would be so much better of with Michael Maguire or des Hasler

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Yep Clifford is a strange one. He looked like he would be something and then he just never got there. I feel he made a massive mistake going to Newcastle though, that club is toxic and where players go now to kill their careers.

Newcastle are now apparently chasing Brooks again for some reason despite already having picked up Gamble and according to Zero Tackle, have their heart set on playing Ponga in the halves for some reason.

Adam O'Brien is an idiot.

Timing is a big part of it, he's come into two ordinary set ups at very bad times. If he comes up through the Penrith system in 2018 who knows what happens.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Although I think jock madden is a decent pick up, like many others on the forum I thought clifford would be a better back up half (and transition upon reynolds retirement) for us.

I know it is reported he had some mental health issues affecting him but with boyd around the club, I think that could have helped him.

I would still be keen to keep an eye on him in case he gets homesick.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Lodge has said that he wants to stay at the Roosters next year. even if that means taking a pay cut.

He received an estimated $2.3 million in pay outs from us and the Warriors over the last 15 months.

He was on $100k at the Roosters for the final two months of the 2022 season

I have no doubt the NRL will allow Lodge to sign for close to minimum wage ... nothing to see here

Lodge says:

“I plan to be there next year,” Lodge said, speaking for the first time about his plans for next season.

“I haven’t spoken about it before but I will be at the Roosters next year.

“I really enjoyed the end of the season, so I don’t really want to be anywhere else.

“I haven’t even reached out and looked anywhere else to see if there is any interest, I’m loving it at the Roosters and I hope to be coached by ‘Robbo’ (Robinson) next year.”

“The money doesn’t bother me,” he said.

“If I have to cop a pay cut to be there, that’s what I will do because I’m learning so much at the club.

“As a player, that’s the most important thing.

“The way Nick Politis (Roosters chairman) and Trent looked after me and welcomed me, I want to be a part of that team and if the Roosters can fit me in and make me a part of the team again, that would be great.

“My money from the Warriors and Broncos is all over, so I’m back to square one now.

“I’m not on much at the Roosters but money isn’t a factor for me next year, I’m keen to keep learning from some of the best players in the game.”

Trent Robinson says:

“Matt hasn’t signed yet but we’d like to keep him for next year,”

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Such a toxic bastard.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Lodge has said that he wants to stay at the Roosters next year. even if that means taking a pay cut.

He received an estimated $2.3 million in pay outs from us and the Warriors over the last 15 months.

I have no doubt the NRL will allow Lodge to sign for close to minimum wage ... nothing to see here

Lodge says:

“I plan to be there next year,” Lodge said, speaking for the first time about his plans for next season.

“I really enjoyed the end of the season, so I don’t really want to be anywhere else.

“I haven’t even reached out and looked anywhere else to see if there is any interest, I’m loving it at the Roosters and I hope to be coached by ‘Robbo’ (Robinson) next year.”

“If I have to cop a pay cut to be there, that’s what I will do because I’m learning so much at the club.

“The way Nick Politis (Roosters chairman) and Trent looked after me and welcomed me, I want to be a part of that team and if the Roosters can fit me in and make me a part of the team again, that would be great.

“My money from the Warriors and Broncos is all over, so I’m back to square one now.

“I’m not on much at the Roosters but money isn’t a factor for me next year, I’m keen to keep learning from some of the best players in the game.”

Trent Robinson says:

Money doesn't matter when you have three payouts in your pocket.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Not on much he says... $200k for 2-3 months work stretches out to about $1m a year.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Lodge says:

Trent Robinson says:

Of course it’s within the realms of likelihood but no way Roosters should be able to afford Lodge

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Although I think jock madden is a decent pick up, like many others on the forum I thought clifford would be a better back up half (and transition upon reynolds retirement) for us.

I know it is reported he had some mental health issues affecting him but with boyd around the club, I think that could have helped him.

I would still be keen to keep an eye on him in case he gets homesick.
Disagree, Madden still has something to prove while Clifford's struggled, there is alot more upsides with Madden.

Soo many players are irreparable once they lose that motivation after having failed in their chance to prove themselves.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Nick has taken care of him, so money is no issue. I mean...they are pretty honest about what is going on.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Manly have offered Garrick a 4 year deal and a promise to be moved to centre.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Lodge says:

Trent Robinson says:

So great to hear all the great things Robinson and Uncle Nick have done for him. I mean it wasn’t like we copped all levels of criticism for taking him back after all of his bullshit or anything. The Roosters, the true heroes in every story.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
So great to hear all the great things Robinson and Uncle Nick have done for him. I mean it wasn’t like we copped all levels of criticism for taking him back after all of his bullshit or anything. The Roosters, the true heroes in every story.
Is this directed at lodge or the journalist that did the story? Didn’t lodge praise us quite a bit when he was playing for us, thanking us for the chance and what we did for him?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Is this directed at lodge or the journalist that did the story? Didn’t lodge praise us quite a bit when he was playing for us, thanking us for the chance and what we did for him?

Yeah but as expected, the Broncos were the morally-bankrupt club who were willing to sign a violent attempted-murderer with a long rap sheet.

The fact that there have been zero mentions of Lodge's history while signed for the Roosters would suggest we made the right call and indeed helped him with his redemption (which Lodge himself confirmed) but yay for the Roosters for once again picking up the spoils, not just on the back of another team's hard work, but for a surprisingly cheap deal.

It's the Culcha.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Manly have offered Garrick a 4 year deal and a promise to be moved to centre.

Surprise surprise, Garrick is staying.

Looks like Knights won't be moving Ponga to 5/8.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
John Bateman just about a done deal to join Tigers. Just sorting out the transfer fee.

If the Tigers can sort out their spine, they are going to have a competitive side next year. Not a premiership winning side, but certainly a side that can challenge for finals.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
John Bateman just about a done deal to join Tigers. Just sorting out the transfer fee.

If the Tigers can sort out their spine, they are going to have a competitive side next year. Not a premiership winning side, but certainly a side that can challenge for finals.
They have a good spine in 9. Api, 7. Hastings, 6. Douhi 1. Somebody

Just need a fullback and to sling Brookes out the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MrMoore
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • Alec
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.