Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
They have a good spine in 9. Api, 7. Hastings, 6. Douhi 1. Somebody

Just need a fullback and to sling Brookes out the door

For whatever reason, they aren't capable of moving Brooks on.

They have had many opportunities and still have one, to move him on ... instead they are looking to re-sign him

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
For whatever reason, they aren't capable of moving Brooks on.

They have had many opportunities and still have one, to move him on ... instead they are looking to re-sign him

His price tag would be what's stopping it.

Clubs want a deal, Tigers want them to take the bulk of the contract. And even if he does leave, he's going to have to take a pay cut when his contract with the Tigers runs out.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Holbrook is confident David Fifita will put loyalty before dollars and re-sign with the Titans.

Yeah, he would never put dollars before loyalty. He wouldn't leave his childhood club after bailing him out of a Bali prison.

Oh wait....

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Holbrook is confident David Fifita will put loyalty before dollars and re-sign with the Titans.

Yeah, he would never put dollars before loyalty. He wouldn't leave his childhood club after bailing him out of a Bali prison.

Oh wait....

The only reason Holbrook would be confident would be that he knows that despite offering Fifita a lower contract, the Titans offer is still the biggest.

Unless of course Fifita still wants to live near mummy, and both us and the Phins have delined to make him an offer

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The only reason Holbrook would be confident would be that he knows thatd despite offering Fifita a lower contract, the Titans offer is still the biggest.

Unless of course Fifita still wants to live near mummy, and both us and the Phins have delined to make him an offer

I would say it would be because he wants to remain close to his mother as the only other clubs that have made offers are Dragons and Raiders.

What's funny is the Titans offer is what we offered in the first place. $1.5 million over 2 years.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The Phins aren’t interested? Really? Surely they are.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Yeah but they signed and trumpeter Milford and he’s far more of a has been than Fifita currently
Yeah but to tell Bennett that it would take a miracle to lure you from red hill and then go and join a different team anyway…..I don’t think he would exactly take it in his stride.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Angus Crichton has claimed he took a financial sacrifice to stay at the Rorters. there has been no suggestion of how big that sacrifice was.

Angus Crichton says:

“Yeah, I did,” he said.

“I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I said I don’t care what you have to do, I want to get it done. I was so clear in how much I love the place, the area and the people in it.

“I just have such a strong connection to the place and I don’t want to walk away from it. It is a massive relief.

“Obviously there were moments where I didn’t know if it was going to happen and moments of doubt. I am just really happy it is finalised and been finished because I made it clear there was nowhere else I wanted to be.”

Crichton had no interest in exploring his options.

“I didn’t get to the point of looking around but I got to the point where my agent said we might have to,” Crichton said.

“I said: ‘I don’t want to entertain anything, I don’t want to talk to anyone’.

“Big credit to him, he did a great job. He stuck with me through the whole time.

“To get it over the line is a big relief.”

Asked why he was so desperate to stay, Crichton said:

“The people that are part of the club – the outside world doesn’t really understand the people the Roosters have inside the four walls.

“The people is what makes a place. I feel like I owe the place something and I want to perform and give them my best and I know I can do that.

“The biggest thing out of all of it is that I know I have become a better person since I have gone there. I don’t want to let that go – I want to keep growing as a person and a player.

“Just the people who are there are friends for life – people who are so rock solid. People like Boyd Cordner, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Daniel Tupou are great men.”

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Boom! Salary sacrifice, Roosters have money for Haas, Fifita and Herbie now!

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Haaaaang on. Crichton had a contract, right? The NRL were just refusing to register it as it would put them over the cap. But since signing that contract, they have now gone back and he has signed a lesser contract because of "how much he loves the place"? I mean, that's not a red flag, that's... a really big red flag.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Haaaaang on. Crichton had a contract, right? The NRL were just refusing to register it as it would put them over the cap. But since signing that contract, they have now gone back and he has signed a lesser contract because of "how much he loves the place"? I mean, that's not a red flag, that's... a really big red flag.

Yeah but…off season…leave Abdo alone! He’s got a trip to Europ…I mean league stuff to deal with. Work is hard man!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Sounds like SBW and his crew have moved on to a new target to take to the Roosters on a cut price deal AND using a new method:

I guess Haas has told them the Broncs under Donuts are too smart for 'em.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
unless this wasn't a typo ... Fox Sports need a new editor. here is what they say about Sam Walker:

The impressive halfback has stated he wants to remain with the Roosters and shit down a return to the Broncos.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
bit of a weird one from Crawley. no quotes from anyone at all

started talking about how Hasting could be the odd man out with the arrival of Bateman, because he and Hastings "weren’t exactly what you’d call the best of mates previously when they played at Wigan."

then he pivots slightly talking about how Hasting was already moved to lock in 2022 and saying all this depends on if Brooks is released.

then goes on to rehash the Brooks speculation

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 13, 2017
If Hastings became available i think you have a crack at getting him and worry about where to play him later

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Sounds like SBW and his crew have moved on to a new target to take to the Roosters on a cut price deal AND using a new method:

I guess Haas has told them the Broncs under Donuts are too smart for 'em.

Classic manipulative shit from Pangai. All talk and no walk. I guarantee by Round 10 he will be overweight and a bench jockey again, then he will get his contract torn up and will waltz into the Rorters or Storm on "unders".

He's got T-Rex Williams written all over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Cavalo
  • Santa
  • The Don
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Porthoz
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.