Player of the Year?

Player of the year?

• Total voters
Hodges underdone = better than almost all our backs, Hodges at full fitness = galaxies better than the rest of our backs. Especially when he went to fullback, how good was he in that position? It's a shame his body wasn't more durable, I would have loved to see him play out his career at fullback, IMO he'd be up there with the best in the game in that position.

Heh, at his best Hodgey is world class but at his worse...well he's Maranta quality...that NZ game was THAT bad.

In saying that, the way he was playing heading into the finals was awesome. I really liked how Hook had Hoffman/Hodges playing at tandem.

Sorry guys! I sort of forgot about him because of injury.
Anyway, is there anyway I can add another option?

Well Pete, I have misgivings about the status you give Parker, only to the extent that he seems unable to see beyond his immediate patch of turf. He lacks vision for mine which is what puts a player in the top tier.

As one example, he infuriatingly still keeps turning it into the middle way too often, without regard for the flow of the play. Too often, it results in him taking a tackle when the edges are open for some creative passing. However, in terms of heart and soul, and work ethic, yes, he is at the top of those trees for sure.

I also can't agree that Hoffman is a game breaker at all. He is a 1st class winger, but a game breaker for mine is someone who can do it on his own. Hoffman to me has shown very clearly that he can't. He finishes extremely well AS A WINGER, but that is not breaking a game open IMO. It's one thing - and a crucial one, to finish something, but it is more important to create the opportunity

Hoffman for mine is not at that level.

Jack Reed for mine is a game breaker. He just needs a good set of halves. His work with Gillett looks like a serious combination for next year, assuming Hunt (or whoever is half on Gillett's side of the park) keeps looking for him.

Other than that, I agree with you ... and a great post.

shady:shady::shady:shady

Last edited:
C'mon mate, don't exaggerate, only Maranta is Maranta quality :laugh:

I don't think I've ever seen Maranta give an Origin 2 02 performance yet...

Just (in) saying

Alec - Better add some words to that post. Just posting emoticons in that fashion is against the BHQ policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks [MENTION=1847]rnabokov[/MENTION] , watching footage like that makes me depressed :(

Remember him scoring that try and being amazed that he had sort of talent in him, hasn't scored one like that since though. A good player who gives everything he has, not potent enough though. He is good on a side that wins about 9 games a year, hopefully an injury free season next year will allow to discover some of that rookie year from.

Slightly off topic, but what can you say to this? I almost cried.

Actually, I did

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things I noticed about that video

1. Yow Yeh is never getting back to that ability no matter how slow he takes it
2. It actually looked like the team liked each other when a try was scored. This year we score a try and no one seems to give a shit. Have a look at the Rabbitohs when they score a try.

2. It actually looked like the team liked each other when a try was scored. This year we score a try and no one seems to give a ****. Have a look at the Rabbitohs when they score a try.

The more I watch Yow Yeh the more I want to scream this is as good as it gets.

Hoffman is a very fine player. His major issue is average speed off the mark (compared to the best)

Jack Reed can rise to the top tier of centres with a little more hard work, discipline and focus

2. It actually looked like the team liked each other when a try was scored. This year we score a try and no one seems to give a shit. Have a look at the Rabbitohs when they score a try.

I have noticed this absolutely. Attitude is poor and ultimately this is what is causing our issues. You hear it all the time, defense is about attitude and well ours stinks.

Is it just me or is Josh Hoffman a lot slower than he was back in 2009?

He's put on a lot more muscle, but I think this year he's shed some of the fat and muscle. Getting back to his pace, maybe next year he will right up there again.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Lazza
  • Organix
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • bert_lifts
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.