PRE-GAME [Round 11, 2024] Broncos vs Sea Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
Edit: No speculation on which club the player is from.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm not. Walshy was out with Patty Carrigan and his daughter until fairly late Wednesday night. The journos knew Thursday morning - the vultures would have been at training yesterday. His knee was taped up yesterday.

Also, the journos were running the puff piece on Walsh yesterday.

Player accused was questioned Tuesday night.

But as has been stated by Sproj, there won't be anymore discussion about it.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Yea 3/4 of our spine gone. I don't think we'll be as dominant as I was previously predicting 😢

Broncos 40 - Manly 3

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Guys and gals, no speculation about which club the player is from.

That ends now.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Hopefully just 1 week. Walsh didn't seem as quick us usual last week on his long range try. And NRL Physio seems to think wet weather games might be contributing to the amount of hamstring injuries, and with showers potentially around tomorrow maybe a week off is good.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Has mam ever played fullback?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
He got smashed last week when he passed to Mariner for his first try and didn't take the conversion.

Could have tweaked it a little bit then.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Well that sucks. Has Karapani ever played centre?

And why not shift Mariner to centre and put Karapani on the wing?
I think he came through as a centre.

Did Kevvie say he's playing centre or are they just assuming that because Cobbo dropped back?

I think Staggs has played well at left centre when it's happened, but that would mean a very inexperienced defensive edge on the right... Madden, Mariner and Karapani

The left side will be coming up against DCE, Haumole and Garrick though, so that's where Manly's attack will be focussing I'd say

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Man, we’re absolutely getting destroyed with injuries this season so far. Hopefully, we navigate through these rough patches without much impact.

So, Cobbo to fullback,
Jack.G to left center & our much loved Baker/ Tapau on to the bench then?

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Well that sucks. Has Karapani ever played centre?

And why not shift Mariner to centre and put Karapani on the wing?

Mariner has trained there for a lot longer .
Wingers have to cover a lot more ground . Aerobic fitness may be the factor ?
They swapped positions in the trial they played together if I recall ?

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Karapani, 22, has been standout for Broncos Affiliate Burleigh Bears in the HostPlus Cup this year since transferring into the Broncos NRL squad from South Sydney in the off season, crossing for six tries in eight games while making 28 tackle busts averaging 153 running metres per game.

Broncos Head Coach Kev Walters said: “Walshy isn’t quite right today with his knee so we’ll leave him out and bring in Josiah, so it’s a nice weekend to get his debut at Magic Round – he’s really accelerated his form over recent weeks, he’s got speed and a great attitude and deserves his opportunity tomorrow night.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Karapani has been much improved for the Bears first three weeks looked miserable and disinterested but last month he’s playing left wing and finishing off tries nicely. Probably plays wing in an old school way, stays out and puts the ball down for two tries. Not too sure he’s going to get away with that in NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MrMoore
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • Alec
  • Big Del
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.