Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Glenn and Macca got through this training session and proved their fitness.

We're gonna be at full strength for this game.

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015
If Thurston doesn't want to get hit, don't take it to the line. Play pussy boy out back or run sideways like DCE. It's not as effective, as it gives the defence more time to react, but that's the compromise. If you want to give the defence little time to react, then fine, play in the defensive line, just don't bitch like a princess when you get hit.

Boys need to be careful though - all this talk about Thurston ignores Morgan and Coote. Thurston might be trying to put all the heat on himself, leaving those other two free to play. Gillett to smash Coote, Glenn to smash Morgan, Blair to smash JT. All night. Legally, but fucking hard. They need to be shitting themselves to even come near our defensive line.

This^
All of this^^
Spot on mate. Its Rugby League! If you don't want to take a hit, **** off bitch!
I've been a big fan of JT (& Gordo) for a long long time. Mainly because of there "competitiveness & toughness" So sad to see them become squeeling little princesses. I just hope Blair (&Bennett) ignore the press & flog shit out of JT for 80min.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
That's real fucking dirty trying to influence the refs pre-game from Paul Green. I think the Cows subpar performance last weekend has spooked him
Shouldn't worry, we have one it plenty of times up here ! I remember a time when Paul Gallen was worth penalties every game and we rode that.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Hate to be a disbeliever but I think NQ will take it out in a tight one.

We're both in good form this season but I think home ground advantage will get them home.

Blair and Macca should tighten our defensive structure but even so, I'm not confident we can strangle them out if the game. Storm barely did and that's their bread and butter.

The big variable is that the game may as well be an audition for Origin. If Oates and Roberts want a jersey, this is their chance to demand selection. A big effort from one or both could be the difference.

Should be a cracker either way.

Last edited:
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I'm hopeful that last week took a lot out of them, it looked to be a real grind fest. They'll have the crowd and no doubt the refs on their side.....this will be a tough ask.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I tipped the Cowboys in this one, could go either way though. Will be decided by less than 10 points.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Would be massive to win this game but can't see it happened. Love to be proven wrong though

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Im over the moon that Macca is back.

Mostly because Waddell wont. :p

R

Rhino1001

QCup Player
Sep 26, 2015
Expecting us to win by 8 as compared to the last game the cowboys are still the same maybe a little less confidence, while for us Hunt has become better and the bench. Plus this time we have Oates and Reed.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
North Queensland have more going for them. Despite losing, they played as well if not better than Brisbane, they just happened to come up against an extremely well-drilled Melbourne side (Bellamy still has it). It's a home game, in a fixture they typically perform well in (the last time Brisbane beat North Queensland up there pre or during Origin was 2005) at a venue they haven't lost in so far in 2016 (7 consecutive wins including the R26 and FW2 wins). The last time these two teams met, the game was decided by a point and North Queensland were denied four try scoring opportunities to the Broncos 1, which turned out to be the only incorrect call from the bunker.

There are only two positives I can think of for Brisbane...

image.scale.thumbnail.200.300.jpg
image.scale.thumbnail.200.300.jpg

Neither Corey Oates, nor Jack Reed played in the Round 4 clash. While Eden played well in the first half, the Broncos clearly missed Oates' runs and ability to convert opportunities. Meanwhile the Cowboys scored a relatively soft try on the back of a weak defensive effort from Jordan Kahu and Greg Eden.

The Cowboys could be without Rory Kostjasyn who injured his neck against Melbourne. That means Granville will push up to the starting role, with Ray Thompson returning off the bench. Last time these two teams met, Kostjasyn got the Cowboys off to a slow starting allowing the Broncos to establish a handy lead. With Granville starting, that advantage should be less pronounced but his impact on the game, especially in the dying stages may suffer.

This is a game that could go either way. If I took bias out of it, I'd be more inclined to back the Cowboys on the weight of pros and cons. However, in situations where it's too close to call, I can't help but shake the optimism surrounding the Broncos. Brisbane are a better defensive unit, they have enough go-to plays and their mobility around the ruck will trouble the Cowboys. North Queensland are a great side, but the only department they have Brisbane is their last tackle kicking game. They're the best in the biz and it proved the difference in the Grand Final. It will have to be on song, JT cannot afford another blemish like we saw on Saturday (where he gifted Melbourne a game-breaking seven tackle set).

Bottom-line...

Brisbane by 4.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
The past 2 games have been decided by golden point so it's a hard game to predict. You'd have to give the Cowboys a slight edge given it's in Townsville. Like we would have a slight edge if it was at Suncorp. Can't see why it wont be another tight game.

Last edited:
Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I'd love to see our guys hold them to nil up there. That would be awesome.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Explain.

Hope you don't bet on it...

We're not playing on the same level as them. They play top quality every week. We plod along against lesser sides, but play well against the better teams. I just think they'll expose Milford in defence and roll through our forwards in the middle with Granville.

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
Why is the Media pushing the story of Oates vs Feldt for one origin spot when Oates is a left side winger and Feldt right side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Alihaider
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.