10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Why is the Media pushing the story of Oates vs Feldt for one origin spot when Oates is a left side winger and Feldt right side?

they want a battle to the death

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
THE North Queensland Cowboys have made their feelings clear about Adam Blair and this morning Wayne Bennett did.There is to be no change in the manner the tough Kiwi plays tomorrow night in Townsville.
Blair has had two minor grade-one suspensions for late tackles in the past year and the Cowboys put the referees on notice by mentioning it publicly this week.
But Bennett said he expected Blair to play his usual enforcer role, arguing the Bronco prop’s record was proof playmakers got protection.
"They (the referees) will be watching him anyway - we will all watching him, so best of luck,” said Bennett.
"He has a job to do.
"They get protected - 'Blairy’ has two suspensions (for it), so they get protected.
"But you can't take the ball in to the line and not expected to get tackled.
"If that ever happens in the game, we won't have a game - we will all be playing 'touch' (football).
"It's as simple as that.
"It's a fine line - sometimes you go over it and you get picked up.
"Adam is a statistic (of that), the fact that he has had two of those.
"He plays on the line, and I expect him to play on the line.
"He knows what I want and he knows what I'll tolerate."
Despite all the talk, the whole of the NRL is set for another mega-blockbuster between these two proud teams.
The last two matches have been won by a field goal in extra time, one to each side.
The great respect and rivalry between the two clubs is the key to that, said Bennett.
"The rivalry has always been there since day one and I was here when that started," he said.
"It's just that there isn't much between the two teams now that is adding a little more to it.
"But the rivalry has always been there.
"There is natural respect there because the players are Origin mates and they all know how good each other are.
"There is a great rivalry but also a great friendship there, and that's why the games have been so good."

Broncos Home Games v Tigers, Raiders, Storm, Panthers, Eels, Bulldogs & Roosters to go!
Join us LIVE in the crowd, save money and belong to the mighty #Bronxnation with a 4-Game Flexi Membership OR grab your Match Tickets here.

2016 Brisbane Broncos Champions For Charity Gala Auction - all aboard the S.S. Broncos!

Wayne calls em out.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Onya Wayne, stick it to the fools !!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
We're not playing on the same level as them. They play top quality every week. We plod along against lesser sides, but play well against the better teams. I just think they'll expose Milford in defence and roll through our forwards in the middle with Granville.

Like last week..

You could make a similar argument for the Cowboys to be honest.

They play well against the weak sides and play below their best against the top teams. They only beat the Sharks by 6. They lost against us, they lost against the Storm...

I keep hearing this, "Cowboys are on another level" and stuff like that and yet we beat them.. What does that say about us? It was a fluke?

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We're not playing on the same level as them. They play top quality every week. We plod along against lesser sides, but play well against the better teams. I just think they'll expose Milford in defence and roll through our forwards in the middle with Granville.

you mean like the Cowboys ...

your argument actually supports us playing well tomorrow night

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
I'm going way out on a limb here and backing the Broncs by 12+. Not financially, I'm not THAT confident :laugh:

I think we're coming into form, with a number of key players rested somewhat, and we've been coasting for a couple of weeks with our eyes on this game. In Cowland. We will be ready.

So will the Cows obviously, but I feel they're heading into a leaner patch. They've been arguably the form team of the comp despite the ladder, and I feel they may be 'coming down' a bit. I think Origin will be playing on some of their minds. They had a real tough game last week that would have sapped a lot mentally. I think they're as vulnerable as they ever will be against us this year, injury aside.

I just have a feeling a statement is about to be made. I'm nervous, but more excited. I think we'll show them who's big brother. But I also won't be too upset if we lose in a tight one.

Tunza's Chin

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
Apr 17, 2016
Part of me hopes were trailing by four or something going into the final 20 mins of the game. We can't afford to shut up shop and rely on our defence if we we're winning - the cowboys play too well at the back end of the games with Tamour, Scot and JT coming on.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
A video I made of some highlights of the Round 4 game..

My original video was scrapped because I couldn't end up using the music I wanted. Had to do fair amount of editing and days of searching for music I liked.

Not overly happy with the end result.. But then again, I never am.

**** it. This will have to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Nice Work [MENTION=8536]Super Freak[/MENTION] ... i especially liked the dramatic ending. First JT is denied a try them Milford kicks a field goal to win the match ...

how do you come up with such dramatic, emotional scenes :tongue:

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Can anyone tell me when the u20s start?

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

My original video was scrapped because I couldn't end up using the music I wanted. Had to do fair amount of editing and days of searching for music I liked.

Oooo that shit gives me goose bumps.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

"Granville caught them napping" ... hmmmm.... seems like all their tries were cos we were napping, unlike our tries. So no napping boys.

Anyway I'm not stressing over this game. I'm looking at it as practice for the GF however of course, the 2 points would serve us very well at this stage of the competition with Origin coming up.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
IT IS Queensland sport’s greatest rivalry – and tonight’s Broncos-Cowboys clash will be one of the most fiery derbys in their 21-year rugby league feud.

Fourteen players will be auditioning for State of *Origin selection when the Broncos and Cowboys do battle before a sellout crowd at 1300SMILES Stadium in Townsville.

These are the key match-ups that could determine the make-up of Queensland’s State of Origin team.

KYLE FELDT v COREY OATES: This is the big duel. If both play well, they may both earn their maiden Queensland Origin jumpers on the left and right wings.

LACHLAN COOTE v DARIUS BOYD: Boyd will be named Maroons fullback, while Coote has one final chance to push for a NSW Origin debut.

MATT SCOTT v JOSH MCGUIRE: Scott is Queensland’s No.1 prop and McGuire will be out to prove he deserves a spot alongside him.

GAVIN COOPER v MATT GILLETT: Gillett can clinch a Maroons back-row starting spot with a bumper display against Cooper, who is chasing his Origin debut.

JUSTIN O’NEILL v JACK REED: O’Neill needs a career-best game to force his way into the Maroons team and Reed will be charged with stopping him.

The Cowboys broke Brisbane’s hearts 17-16 in last year’s epic NRL grand final, only for the Broncos to hit back in March with a 21-20 extra-time Round 4 victory at Suncorp Stadium.

Now the fierce foes will trade blows again in the fight for Origin jumpers and Broncos coach Wayne Bennett challenged both sides to “put it all on the line”.

“There is a lot of rivalry between the two clubs and Townsville is a place we have always enjoyed playing – it will be a great atmosphere,” Bennett said.

The Cowboys will supply at least three players – Johnathan Thurston, Matt Scott and Michael Morgan – to the Queensland side named on Tuesday for Origin I in Sydney on June 1.

North Queensland prop James Tamou will turn out for NSW, while Cowboys teammates Gavin Cooper, Justin O’Neill, Kyle Feldt and Lachlan Coote will press their Origin claims.

Five Broncos are certainties for the Maroons team – Darius Boyd, Corey Parker, Matt Gillett, Josh McGuire and Sam Thaiday.

Corey Oates, 21, is tipped to make his Origin debut if the 106kg winger plays strongly tonight.

Thurston said: “The players know each other well and the fans love it *because both teams let their footy do the talking.”

The battle will be fierce in loungerooms across the state as well, but diehard Cowboys fan Jo James is confident her boys will come out on top.

“I reckon Cowboys will win by two points. I think it will be a close game again.”

Broncos fan of 22 years Luke Saunders is eager to see his team maintain its place as title favourites, but he admitted a Round 11 loss would not prove too painful.

“It’s hard to not like the Cowboys if you live in Queensland,” he said.

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
My dad was in the BNE departure lounge yesterday afternoon and spotted Parker, Blair and McGuire picking out some treats from the big lolly stand. Wayne probably sent them on a mission, he has a huge sweet tooth!

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I'm fucking pumped. This week I've been leaving home at 6:30am and getting home at 10:30pm but tonight I should be able to leave on time and be able to watch it on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Canga
  • Broncorob
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.