Contributor
May 5, 2016
Anyone here going to the game tonight?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Apparently Parker is still struggling with a foot complaint and Kahu will be the goal kicker again tonight.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
IT IS Queensland sport’s greatest rivalry – and tonight’s Broncos-Cowboys clash will be one of the most fiery derbys in their 21-year rugby league feud.

Fourteen players will be auditioning for State of *Origin selection when the Broncos and Cowboys do battle before a sellout crowd at 1300SMILES Stadium in Townsville.

These are the key match-ups that could determine the make-up of Queensland’s State of Origin team.

KYLE FELDT v COREY OATES: This is the big duel. If both play well, they may both earn their maiden Queensland Origin jumpers on the left and right wings.

LACHLAN COOTE v DARIUS BOYD: Boyd will be named Maroons fullback, while Coote has one final chance to push for a NSW Origin debut.

MATT SCOTT v JOSH MCGUIRE: Scott is Queensland’s No.1 prop and McGuire will be out to prove he deserves a spot alongside him.

GAVIN COOPER v MATT GILLETT: Gillett can clinch a Maroons back-row starting spot with a bumper display against Cooper, who is chasing his Origin debut.

JUSTIN O’NEILL v JACK REED: O’Neill needs a career-best game to force his way into the Maroons team and Reed will be charged with stopping him.

The Cowboys broke Brisbane’s hearts 17-16 in last year’s epic NRL grand final, only for the Broncos to hit back in March with a 21-20 extra-time Round 4 victory at Suncorp Stadium.

Now the fierce foes will trade blows again in the fight for Origin jumpers and Broncos coach Wayne Bennett challenged both sides to “put it all on the line”.

“There is a lot of rivalry between the two clubs and Townsville is a place we have always enjoyed playing – it will be a great atmosphere,” Bennett said.

The Cowboys will supply at least three players – Johnathan Thurston, Matt Scott and Michael Morgan – to the Queensland side named on Tuesday for Origin I in Sydney on June 1.

North Queensland prop James Tamou will turn out for NSW, while Cowboys teammates Gavin Cooper, Justin O’Neill, Kyle Feldt and Lachlan Coote will press their Origin claims.

Five Broncos are certainties for the Maroons team – Darius Boyd, Corey Parker, Matt Gillett, Josh McGuire and Sam Thaiday.

Corey Oates, 21, is tipped to make his Origin debut if the 106kg winger plays strongly tonight.

Thurston said: “The players know each other well and the fans love it *because both teams let their footy do the talking.”

The battle will be fierce in loungerooms across the state as well, but diehard Cowboys fan Jo James is confident her boys will come out on top.

“I reckon Cowboys will win by two points. I think it will be a close game again.”

Broncos fan of 22 years Luke Saunders is eager to see his team maintain its place as title favourites, but he admitted a Round 11 loss would not prove too painful.

“It’s hard to not like the Cowboys if you live in Queensland,” he said.

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

No it's pretty easy champ. Sorry Luke, you're a dipshit.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Apparently Parker is still struggling with a foot complaint and Kahu will be the goal kicker again tonight.

Sweet.

I bet Parker's foot will be right for running though.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Nice Work @Super Freak ... i especially liked the dramatic ending. First JT is denied a try them Milford kicks a field goal to win the match ...

how do you come up with such dramatic, emotional scenes :tongue:

The right music and commentary helps a lot.

One good thing to do is to edit the scene to a point where when that scene comes up, it's straight into the action. It gives it that fast-paced, dramatic feel.

Giving the video a cinematic look also helps, believe it or not.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
It used to be easy to like the Cowboys - my attitude was if the Broncos lose, go Cowboys.

Now...**** em.

I used to have the same attitude. Their **** wit fan base sealed the deal for me.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Gonna start watching at about 8. Guarantee the pre-game shit is just gonna be 10 replays of the GF.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I used to like the Cowboys up until October 4, 2015. Not sure why I stopped liking them after that. :hmmmm:

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Gonna start watching at about 8. Guarantee the pre-game shit is just gonna be 10 replays of the GF.

Eh. Time to move the **** on I'd say. It's 2016 now. We're a far better team, and building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.