10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
well, theres the fact our middle is soft when defending 6-agains. Roosters will keep hitting one edge of our ruck over and over again and then get Radley and Walker to organsie themsleves to run through the gaps that appear...

Thats on us, been that way for years and we still cant fix it yet...

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
its been interesting how long it took him to make his debut compared to Walker...

Also, note he doesnt make his debut against the Panthers or Storm, but us.....says heaps...

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We're getting even more belted, everything will go their way.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Someone’s getting sent on the weekend with how this cowboys game is going

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
its been interesting how long it took him to make his debut compared to Walker...

Also, note he doesnt make his debut against the Panthers or Storm, but us.....says heaps...

Roosters were waiting for round 11.

There was all that uproar about the NRL bending the rules because of his age and the roosters were all “it’s only if someone gets injured” next minute the second round 11 comes around.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Roosters were waiting for round 11.

There was all that uproar about the NRL bending the rules because of his age and the roosters were all “it’s only if someone gets injured” next minute the second round 11 comes around.
Why round 11? Isn't he top 30?

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Just want to concentrate on Sam Walker for a minute, there's no doubt he's had a great start to his career and looks to be a future super star. I just cant help but think he's been given a free pass into the NRL by all the opposition he's faced to date.

That is, the kid is playing with an incredible amount of confidence and like he's been around for years and on top of the world. I'm yet to see a team or an individual throw something at him and give him real welcome to the nrl and make his life tough.

The kid is 80kgs dripping wet, 18 years old and has played a handfull of games and his halves partner is definitely nothing special meaning Walker is the go to man.

Surely you get a bit physical with him, put some doubt in his mind and really test his 18 year old lightweight frame? Work your attack towards him and wear him out, make his shoulders hurt and make him miss some tackles and dent his confidence. He played a big part in letting in two tries last week and his side wasn't even purposely targeted.

When he's attacking get up in his face and put a shot on him, make him think twice about running the ball. Pressue him when he does his harbour bridge floating ball so he's a chance of stuffing it up.

I just feel every Roosters game I've watched, opposition treat him with way to much respect like he's a 300 game legend who can pull a rabit from a hat. And because of that he's not afraid to pull the trigger because hes not scared to fail or get hurt.

He needs to be put back in his place and given a genuine welcome to first grade. He's leading their try assists so give his confidence a big dent and you give yourself a chance at least.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
i agree, Keary still fit and hes not getting anywhere near the game time...

Robinson made a decision based on need rather than whats best for Walkers development...

But this is the NRL, lets see if Walkers still pulling up trees come round 26...

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Just want to concentrate on Sam Walker for a minute, there's no doubt he's had a great start to his career and looks to be a future super star. I just cant help but think he's been given a free pass into the NRL by all the opposition he's faced to date.

That is, the kid is playing with an incredible amount of confidence and like he's been around for years and on top of the world. I'm yet to see a team or an individual throw something at him and give him real welcome to the nrl and make his life tough.

The kid is 80kgs dripping wet, 18 years old and has played a handfull of games and his halves partner is definitely nothing special meaning Walker is the go to man.

Surely you get a bit physical with him, put some doubt in his mind and really test his 18 year old lightweight frame? Work your attack towards him and wear him out, make his shoulders hurt and make him miss some tackles and dent his confidence. He played a big part in letting in two tries last week and his side wasn't even purposely targeted.

When he's attacking get up in his face and put a shot on him, make him think twice about running the ball. Pressue him when he does his harbour bridge floating ball so he's a chance of stuffing it up.

I just feel every Roosters game I've watched, opposition treat him with way to much respect like he's a 300 game legend who can pull a rabit from a hat. And because of that he's not afraid to pull the trigger because hes not scared to fail or get hurt.

He needs to be put back in his place and given a genuine welcome to first grade. He's leading their try assists so give his confidence a big dent and you give yourself a chance at least.
This all makes perfect sense.
Now if we can just execute it.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Good chance we are the first team to have less than 10 on the field thanks to the new and improved mid-2021 version of rugby league, before, naturally, the rules change again in a few weeks time.

johnyE

johnyE

NYC Player
Aug 17, 2015

Totally agree ,we just need to apply that to all the other positions with the other 12 players as well , and we might be surprisingly competitive !1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Broncorob
  • scobie
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.