vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
its hard to say. it seemed that dce was the centre of alot of manly problems over the past year or two. maybe certain (longer term sea eagles) players were glad to see the back of him, but now the board has signed him to an absolutely ridiculous contract. toovey seemingly being forced out just as DCE re-signs?

we will see. if he plays i hope one of our forwards snap him in half.

Last edited:
I'm a new poster, but have been a reader for awhile and enjoy most of the chatter. First Grader, are you being ironic here? I follow the QCup a bit, I would have thought it has produced some fine players, arguably more than the U20's comp. I've watched Parcell pretty closely, I think the QCup has developed him physically very well, to the point where he was able to defend very well against a big Canberra pack. Compare that to perhaps the defensive efforts of a young Ash Taylor on the weekend against a mature Jets forward pack where he was run over several times, and I'm not bagging Ash Taylor, I just think its the difference between playing against kids your age, and playing against men. 2-3 years steels them for the NRL, in my opinion.

Welcome to the boards Daylight.

By first grader, I believe you're referring to 1910? If so, he's taking mickey out of another poster for a post that was made months ago and was probably misconstrued because 1910 is very defensive about the ISC.

"I went from school to play colts and this is my fourth season in Queensland Cup. I didn’t play [under]-20s and wasn’t with an NRL club until this year.
"Players shouldn’t give up if they don’t make 20s, there's other ways to go around it."

Parcell looking to deliver for Broncos - NRL.com

Parcell clearly doesn't understand that the ISC taught him nothing and it only produces rubbish players.

You know, for a knowledgable, well-informed, articulate adult you sure do a great impersonation of a petulant child sometimes

You know, for a knowledgable, well-informed, articulate adult you sure do a great impersonation of a petulant child sometimes
Glass houses old mate....everyone can be petulant at some time or another. I have and I just don't know of any other poster who hasn't been. 1910 is all the things you wrote but he is seldom petulant( sure it happens on rare occasions) Take the good with the bad.

Glass houses old mate....everyone can be petulant at some time or another. I have and I just don't know of any other poster who hasn't been. 1910 is all the things you wrote but he is seldom petulant( sure it happens on rare occasions) Take the good with the bad.

Me, I am never petulant (except when I throw all of my toys out of the cot).

I think there should be a new feature put on BHQ, a big flashing gif with agenda alert, one of those would have been appropriate for 1910's post.

And welcome aboard daylight, we need more daylight around here.

By first grader, I believe you're referring to 1910? If so, he's taking mickey out of another poster for a post that was made months ago and was probably misconstrued because 1910 is very defensive about the ISC.

No you've got that wrong, it's not limited to one person. I'd say high 90 percentile of people watching the Broncos.

"That Parcell is awesome, he's a Broncos' junior, Broncos develop another great one. I always knew he'd be great (Never watched him once until he played NRL).

.........Then ironically sometime later- why do we sign ISC players, such a weak competition.

I am not defensive about the ISC, more people not knowing the topic they're talking about.

Brynes- 3 weeks
Stagg- Cleared to play but will have a week off
Greinke- 5 weeks

Thats quite a turn around in for Stagg's injury scenario.

OK, cool - thanks

Who do i tip and why?

Us, because **** Manly.

In all fairness, they've got enough class in the backline to sink us if we come in thinking the battle is already won.

However, their forward pack lacks the intimidation that defined it for years, while ours is consistently delivering this season. If we come out switched on, they'll be losing ground all night. Our backline is no slouch either, and our halves are getting better and better every game.

Most importantly, I think the team is really buying into Wayne's system this year. He's doing a great job keeping them level and focused week to week. That resolve has been the biggest difference for us this year. We're a different beast and we know it.

If nothing else, go on recent form.

No you've got that wrong, it's not limited to one person. I'd say high 90 percentile of people watching the Broncos.

"That Parcell is awesome, he's a Broncos' junior, Broncos develop another great one. I always knew he'd be great (Never watched him once until he played NRL).

.........Then ironically sometime later- why do we sign ISC players, such a weak competition.

I am not defensive about the ISC, more people not knowing the topic they're talking about.

That's complete rubbish, no one has said that at all. I'm completely over this, you constantly have swipes at the general posters on here over stuff that is largely in your head, all because you provide an insight on some things 15 minutes before they are published.

It's complete bullshit

EDIT: Removed inappropriate content

Last edited by a moderator:
Bennett has confirmed that Vidot was selected ahead of Maranta for his metres. He wanted bulk and yardage against the Manly side.

Maranta will be back for the next game.

Bennett has confirmed that Vidot was selected ahead of Maranta for his metres. He wanted bulk and yardage against the Manly side.

Do metres made count from kick returns? I feel like Vidot's metres are amplified by taking those. Also I would like to see him not step into the markers and just run hard like he did when he ran over Widdop.

Last edited:
Kick return metres do indeed count. According to NRL stats Vidot made 3m from kick returns last week and 37m the week before. He's often the guy who takes the next hit up after the kick return, which makes sense. If it's not a bomb or grubber, Vidot isn't the guy to kick it at. Obviously that's not true if it is a bomb or grubber though.

That's complete rubbish, no one has said that at all. I'm completely over this, you constantly have swipes at the general posters on here over stuff that is largely in your head, all because you provide an insight on some things 15 minutes before they are published.

It's complete bullshit

EDIT: Removed inappropriate content

I disagree, the ISC cops plenty on here, it was only a week ago I posted 33 players playing NRL that weekend from the ISC after being told that the ISC doesn’t produce. I was abused for suggesting Carlin Anderson was going pretty well after 30 ISC games- A Broncos contracted player mind you. Read the Ash Taylor thread- he’s just playing ISC, No pressure in ISC, It’s easy in ISC. Suggestions of Nem signing- why would the Broncos want a ISC centre.

When I announced Parcell had signed with the Broncos it was met with who the hell is that. No one had mentioned him in four years.

So I think my statement of ignorance followed by claiming them then back to ignorance of where they came from is 100% accurate.

Norths have the bye this week so he's having a week off. He trained this morning.

I was abused for suggesting Carlin Anderson was going pretty well after 30 ISC games- A Broncos contracted player mind you. Read the Ash Taylor thread- he’s just playing ISC, No pressure in ISC, It’s easy in ISC. Suggestions of Nem signing- why would the Broncos want a ISC centre.

When I announced Parcell had signed with the Broncos it was met with who the hell is that.

I don't think any of these things happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • whykickamoocow
  • maddo
  • Pablo
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • Horseheadsup
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • blacknwhite
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.