10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
He does like the attention with some things but i'd be surprised if this is one of the occasions he is seeking it out. He must still have plenty of time for the Broncos when you look at how he sold them to Arey, he could have quite easily put him off but he didnt, i just think its more there are people at the club he doesnt want to be around and probably the same on the Broncos part as well. The day should be about the players anyway imo.
If I’m a player from that team I would want wayne there, him not being there does kinda take the shine off the anniversary.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
If I’m a player from that team I would want wayne there, him not being there does kinda take the shine off the anniversary.

I agree it does. He's a stubborn old goat though and if its in his mind he doesnt want to be there for whatever reason i dont see him backing down. Apart from Ikin, my brain isnt working well enough to think who he still might have issues with.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I agree it does. He's a stubborn old goat though and if its in his mind he doesnt want to be there for whatever reason i dont see him backing down. Apart from Ikin, my brain isnt working well enough to think who he still might have issues with.
Karl Morris

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
He does like the attention with some things but i'd be surprised if this is one of the occasions he is seeking it out. He must still have plenty of time for the Broncos when you look at how he sold them to Arey, he could have quite easily put him off but he didnt, i just think its more there are people at the club he doesnt want to be around and probably the same on the Broncos part as well. The day should be about the players anyway imo.
Pretty sure he and Ikin, and he and Lockyer aren’t on good terms

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

It`s called covert narcissism .
High level narcissist but hide it and hold grudges . Can seem like a good person until they don`t get their own way .

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Neither of which should be at that particular anniversary.
Surely Ikin will be there as a representative of the front office. It’s not going to just be exclusively those who were in that team

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Anyone else watching the ladder thinking our days in the top 8 are numbered.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Anyone else watching the ladder thinking our days in the top 8 are numbered.
This game is massive in the context of us finishing in the 8... we then have titans, parra (away) then tigers.

If form maintains we win 3 of those, but we are a bashed up side at the moment.... by tigers we could be healed up and over the origin hangover, so that's a bit of a reset game to me.

The teams around us are catching up, but some of their draws are harder or competing against each other (below).

I'd say we remain in the 8 with top 6 dependent on the next two weeks... I'm thinking Dragons, Manly and rorters fighting it out for the last spot.

Draw for the next 4 rounds:
Sharks (24pts): Storm (won), Cows, Panthers, Rabbits - won against storm unfortunately, but have a tough month coming up

Rabbits (20pts): Knights (won), Dogs, Storm, Sharks - won their easy game, but dogs are in form, then have storm and sharks

Broncos (20pts): Dragons, Titans, Parra, Tigers - 3 out of 4 are winnable on form, but we're beaten up making dragons and titans difficult

Parra (20pts): Tigers, Warriors, Broncos, Panthers - pretty easy draw over the next month, then have panthers... Could be on track to get a top 4 spot, will be competing with sharks for it after their win vs storm

Dragons (18pts): Us, Roosters, Manly, Cows - game against us is big in the context of their season. After us they play roosters and manly who they're competing with for a top 8 spot, then have a tough match against cows

Manly: BYE (18pts), Knights, Dragons, Roosters - have an easy game coming up against knights (who are on life support), but then have to play teams they're competing with for a top 8 spot

Roosters: BYE (16pts), Dragons, Knights, Manly - pretty far outside the 8 at this stage and have games up against competing top 8 teams. Have a tough remaining draw after that as well, including; Broncos, Cows, Storm and Rabbits

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I’m predicting we scrape into the 8 but most likely exit the first week

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I’m predicting we scrape into the 8 but most likely exit the first week
Might need 13 wins to qualify this year which means they would have to finish 4-4. They won't win tomorrow meaning they would have to steal a victory amongst Parra (twice), Melb (H), Syd (A). 12-12 with a good +/- might get them there. It's going to be touch and go.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'm only saying the Titans game is difficult because we're bashed up and it will be a few days after origin, so not sure who will get rested either.

Titans always turn up for the derby game against us as well... they were beating us by 20 odd points not long ago and we had to run them down to get an unlikely win.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
One of my big concerns with tomorrow's game is who is going to make the meters in that team?

Dragons won against Canberra last week primarily because they came out and dominated the raiders forward pack in the second half when they were running into a gale. There was basically a 60km/h wind behind the raiders in the second half and they lost the field position battle.

That dragons pack is basically unaffected this week, so if they turn up, which they should, then we are going to need our boys to step up in a big way or Reyno and co will be playing behind zero momentum and 35m sets.

Unfortunately we're going into tomorrow's game without Haas, Patty, Oates, Flegler, Herbie, Cobbo & Jensen.... that's about 1,000m worth of yardage that we won't have available tomorrow.

Pereira will come in and make about 150m, but Staggs and Brenko will provide bugger all.

We're going to need Niu to come up with +100m at least, but he's a bit of a lightweight and gets bullied at times. Hoeter I'm not sure about.

Then in the forwards Palasia is a workhorse so we can expect plenty of minutes and meters out of him, but his starting prop partner in Ryan James will provide **** all.

Kobe will also need to pump out far more minutes than he's been used to doing.

Willison is only just back from an ACL injury and is still extremely young, so I'm not sure how many minutes we'll be able to get out of him, and whilst I love Gamble being on the bench I don't know how many meters we'll get out of him through the middle.

Kennedy will be relied on a fair bit to provide us meters, so hopefully he doesn't come out and play like a complete spud. He's got his future sorted out now, and it's not with the broncos, so hopefully he hasn't switched off for the year.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
One of my big concerns with tomorrow's game is who is going to make the meters in that team?

Dragons won against Canberra last week primarily because they came out and dominated the raiders forward pack in the second half when they were running into a gale. There was basically a 60km/h wind behind the raiders in the second half and they lost the field position battle.

That dragons pack is basically unaffected this week, so if they turn up, which they should, then we are going to need our boys to step up in a big way or Reyno and co will be playing behind zero momentum and 35m sets.

Unfortunately we're going into tomorrow's game without Haas, Patty, Oates, Flegler, Herbie & Cobbo.... that's about 900m worth of yardage that we won't have available tomorrow.

Pereira will come in and make about 150m, but Staggs and Brenko will provide bugger all.

We're going to need Niu to come up with +100m at least, but he's a bit of a lightweight and gets bullied at times. Hoeter I'm not sure about.

Then in the forwards Palasia is a workhorse so we can expect plenty of minutes and meters out of him. Jensen provides meters, but he's been playing about 30mins or so a game, so that will have to bump up to near 50mins you'd think.

Kobe will also need to pump out far more minutes than he's been used to doing.

Ryan James will provide **** all... and whilst I love Gamble being on the bench I don't know how many meters we'll get out of him through the middle.

Willison is only just back from an ACL injury and is still extremely young, so I'm not sure how many minutes we'll be able to get out of him.

Kennedy will be relied on a fair bit to provide us meters, so hopefully he doesn't come out and play like a complete spud. He's got his future sorted out now, and it's not with the broncos, so hopefully he hasn't switched off for the year.
Kennedy has been solid in cup but their pack will outclass ours significantly. Our defence will also be shot due to Martin being out. The biggest saving grace is Paix’s return.

A win will be very unlikely unless dragons shit the bed without Hunt. Without Hunt their spine is extremely inexperienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Canga
  • Broncorob
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.