Suncorp Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
14:00

Titans

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame. You are all going to have to wait at least 3 weeks for your next win.
Vince Vaughn Movie GIF by filmeditor
You know the game isn't over at half time right? It's something the Titans often forget...

Fittler snubbed Reyno.

@The Don Freddy Krueger has really fucked you

Im sure the boys will appreciate their first bye, plus another 2 to look forward too.

I'd like to congratulate them for what they have achieved this year. Cant do any better than what they've done so far. But, we were here last year too, top 4 side i think. And we fell apart in the run-in. That cant happen again.

Im not the sharpest tool in the shed, but once the 3 byes are done, i reckon we only need 2 more wins out of 9 to make finals. Though i suspect the guys have their sights higher than that this year.

To take stock, theres only a few things i hope/trust the team will look at during these byes.

1) Billy/Smoothy/Paix - is that our hooker hirechy now? What on earth is happenig with Corey? Is it a personalty clash, or he resents the apparent bias towards the coaches son? Its wierd. Paix is talented, and i saw some plays by Smoothy right out of the B Walters playbook on tackle five (no, its not a compliment).

Having said that, Billy is almost a NRL standard rake nowadays, and for me he is our top hooker and is in the run-on side on merit. But i really would like this situtaiton resolved. Its not gettign a lot of attnetion because Kevvie is winning, so the blowtorch isnt on him over this.

2) What the hell is happening to our left edge? Honestly, last game it looked like they havent played together before? Herbie crashing in to allow 2 Kinghts tries and then Oates decides to do it too when Herbie was sliding in defence?

Also, Herbie never looks to Oates on attacking runs, always steps inside. The only time Oates get clear ball in good field position is when Walsh moves to the left edge. Its by far the most dysfunctional aspect of our team, and i cant work it out? Do you drop Herbie?

Again, that particular blowtorch is put away cause Kevvie is winning.

3) I dont want to say it, but given the current projectory, Walsh will be the best fullback prospect at this club since Lockyer. I dont want to add that kind of weight to the kid, but i also cant give higher praise than this.

4) I dont care who the opponent is, what the score is, but when i see Patty & Haas return to the field for their second stints, i'm confident we can win. What feeeling that is...

....Oh, i forgot this...

5) Piakura/Tapou/Hetherington. Our best bench forward combo. Just sort out the 14. As for Piakura, nice work son, you've now jsutified half your salary. Keep going and make me eat my words...

Im sure the boys will appreciate their first bye, plus another 2 to look forward too.

I'd like to congratulate them for what they have achieved this year. Cant do any better than what they've done so far. But, we were here last year too, top 4 side i think. And we fell apart in the run-in. That cant happen again.

Im not the sharpest tool in the shed, but once the 3 byes are done, i reckon we only need 2 more wins out of 9 to make finals. Though i suspect the guys have their sights higher than that this year.

To take stock, theres only a few things i hope/trust the team will look at during these byes.

1) Billy/Smoothy/Paix - is that our hooker hirechy now? What on earth is happenig with Corey? Is it a personalty clash, or he resents the apparent bias towards the coaches son? Its wierd. Paix is talented, and i saw some plays by Smoothy right out of the B Walters playbook on tackle five (no, its not a compliment).

Having said that, Billy is almost a NRL standard rake nowadays, and for me he is our top hooker and is in the run-on side on merit. But i really would like this situtaiton resolved. Its not gettign a lot of attnetion because Kevvie is winning, so the blowtorch isnt on him over this.

2) What the hell is happening to our left edge? Honestly, last game it looked like they havent played together before? Herbie crashing in to allow 2 Kinghts tries and then Oates decides to do it too when Herbie was sliding in defence?

Also, Herbie never looks to Oates on attacking runs, always steps inside. The only time Oates get clear ball in good field position is when Walsh moves to the left edge. Its by far the most dysfunctional aspect of our team, and i cant work it out? Do you drop Herbie?

3) I dont want to say it, but given the current projectory, Walsh will be the best fullback prospect at this club since Lockyer. I dont want to add that kind of weight to the kid, but i also cant give higher praise than this.

4) I dont care who the opponent is, what the score is, but when i see Patty & Haas return to the field for their second stints, i'm confident we can win. What feeeling that is...
Nice mate. Agree with all of this.

Nice summary mate, I'd only make 2 comments in reply.....

"Billy is almost a NRL standard rake nowadays" I really think it's time to take the 'almost' away
"I dont want to say it, but given the current projectory....." It's trajectory :happy:

You're right, it's been an amazing year so far, let's hope we can make top 4, even top 2

It was not uncommon earlier in year that oates would come in from the outside to shut the play down and herbie and mam would slide behind him in case he didn't shut the play down.

But in the knights game, herbie was jamming in. I dont know why they would change the defensive structure. Whether they thought herbie could stop ponga out the back by coming out of the line, but they often used ponga as a decoy or positioned him much deeper so our defence structure that game played right into their hand.

I hope they go back to what was working.

It was not uncommon earlier in year that oates would come in from the outside to shut the play down and herbie and mam would slide behind him in case he didn't shut the play down.

But in the knights game, herbie was jamming in. I dont know why they would change the defensive structure. Whether they thought herbie could stop ponga out the back by coming out of the line, but they often used ponga as a decoy or positioned him much deeper so our defence structure that game played right into their hand.

I hope they go back to what was working.
There was clear confusion out there, because Oates was lagging behind Herbie as well, which allowed Gagai to keep getting the pass away.

If you're going to jam in, both defenders need to be jamming at the same time and then Mam/Walsh wraps around the back to cover the winger

Since 2016, we have never lead this game at half time. Our defence has been shocking against them at Suncorp.

suncorp.png

2010-2015 we conceded an average of 6pts v titans @ home
2016-2022 we conceded an average of 26pts v titans @ home

Capewell out this week and could be out for a few more weeks given the talk of two bye rounds being close together. Expected return is round 20 at this stage.

Also talk that he's been carrying the injury for a month or so now, which likely provides some reasoning behind Piakura playing the last few weeks out of nowhere.

If the injury was known and the byes were coming up in the distance, it gave Piakura an opportunity to get some NRL minutes under his belt in order to take over from Capewell whilst he recovers.

Would suggest that's been a good play by Kevvie if so.

Well that calls for a team list!

If Mam is out and of course Capes IS out, I'd go:

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Sailor
7. Reynolds
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Hetherington (I'd be resting Carrigan this game and then Haas after game 3)

14. Smoothy
15. Taupau
16. Jensen
17. Te Kura (I know Patty won't be rested so Hetherington is here but I just wanted to get Te Kura in there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BooKhaki
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.