The Gabba

Saturday
Night
19:35

Dolphins

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible we could be without Walsh for his spray at the ref.

From what I've been hearing, the word **** was used.
It came through clearly on the Sportsears - the word before it was arguably worse in this day and age.

I think that's Carrigan and Reyno basically telling him to STFU.

Honestly, pretty shit behaviour from Walsh. I love the guy but he needs a massive attitude adjustment. That's twice in a week Flegler is calming Walsh down... lol.

Dont want to see him banned, but it does seem he used that word towards him. Might be a good lesson for him tbh to keep his emotions in check.
I think a suspension and a spray from Kev will be good for him. He's always had a mega ego, which is part of what makes him such a good player but he needs to keep it in check.

Guessing Arthurs for Cobbo and I think they'll make an example of Walsh and he'll get a week off so we'll see Sailor.

Carrigan should be sweet considering they looked at it and decided it wasn't even a penalty, and Flegler absolutely won't see a charge for that bs penalty.

I think a suspension and a spray from Kev will be good for him. He's always had a mega ego, which is part of what makes him such a good player but he needs to keep it in check.

Yep, totally agree. The good players who do have ego's walk a very fine line with it. Reece has pushed a little too far. Said it in the post game thread, maybe sitting him out after Origin with all the emotion involved at this point in his career could be a good move.

He deserves a few weeks if he actually called the ref a ****.
Definitely. Reyno chimed in and says it was directed at a Titans player. Butler wasn't afraid to make a call all game so I'm sure if it was directed at him he would have sent him.

Screenshot 2023 06 25 at 72123 pm

I think that's Carrigan and Reyno basically telling him to STFU.

Honestly, pretty shit behaviour from Walsh. I love the guy but he needs a massive attitude adjustment. That's twice in a week Flegler is calming Walsh down... lol.

Yeah he's gone next week for sure.

Josh Reynolds got a contrary conduct charge for dissent, but that was saying bullshit.

Definitely. Reyno chimed in and says it was directed at a Titans player. Butler wasn't afraid to make a call all game so I'm sure if it was directed at him he would have sent him.

View attachment 22764

The onus would be on Walsh to prove that, and I don't see how he can. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

View attachment 22764
He did say if he does it again he's off, but it's hard to tell if he meant swearing at him directly or just the arguing.

Did someone complain? Does anybody even know he said anything if not for Fox trying to stir up shit for some reason?

Guessing Arthurs for Cobbo and I think they'll make an example of Walsh and he'll get a week off so we'll see Sailor.

Carrigan should be sweet considering they looked at it and decided it wasn't even a penalty, and Flegler absolutely won't see a charge for that bs penalty.

his name is Flegler ... they already had his name written on the charge sheet

View attachment 22764
After Watching it a few times I don't think it's aimed at the ref. The tone he's talking to the ref in saying he stopped then he swears at someone in a different tone then runs to the ref and speaks in a calmer tone.
The ref heard the swearing and If it was aimed at him he would of been off the field.

The onus would be on Walsh to prove that, and I don't see how he can. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Very tough to prove, I think Butler might be called by the MRC and asked directly.

He did say if he does it again he's off, but it's hard to tell if he meant swearing at him directly or just the arguing.
I think that stemmed from Walsh's arguing with him directly and constantly - which needs to be addressed internally for sure. He was JT&Gallen-esque today!

After Watching it a few times I don't think it's aimed at the ref. The tone he's talking to the ref in saying he stopped then he swears at someone in a different tone then runs to the ref and speaks in a calmer tone.
The ref heard the swearing and If it was aimed at him he would of been off the field.

I agree with you. Butler would have sent him for sure.

View attachment 22764

I love that Reyno is publicly standing up for him.

Having said that, as good as he is, Walshs is treading a very, very fine line and needs to be reeled in a bit. We love your passion Walshy, but please don't go the way of the Penrith wankers thinking they're better than everyone.

I love that Reyno is publicly standing up for him.

Having said that, as good as he is, Walshs is treading a very, very fine line and needs to be reeled in a bit. We love your passion Walshy, but please don't go the way of the Penrith wankers thinking they're better than everyone.

don't worry too much ... unlike with the Penrith wankers, the NRL will slap him down for us. Letting his QLD and Broncos team mates down will be a big wake up call for the kid

Given the media attention, the NRL will hit him with a one week suspension in hope that it’s not enough to make the broncos fight it but enough to satisfy the Sydney media. Bumbling morons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.