10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Parra are going nowhere near as good as they should be going if they want to win the comp

Warriors and Tigers both had them reaching recently, I feel like weight of possession saved their bacon in those games

If we control the ball and apply some pressure, we can beat them for sure

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Parra are very dangerous if they turn up, they are the only team to beat Penrith Afterall.

But regardless if we can beat them it shows a lot of our credentials for the premiership despite the fact we would really want Martin for this game, but it's reflective of our season not having our best for the big games.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
We will be without Cobbo, TMM (according to Kevvie), Herbie and possibly Riki after the high shot. I doubt Haas or Jensen will be back either. So, I think it might be something like:

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Hoeter
5. Pereira
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Walters
10. Flegler
11. Capewell
12. Hosking
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Hetherington
16. James
17. Gamble

Kev said CJ will be back .
By CJ I take him to mean Corey Jensen .

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
I never go into an Eels game with confidence they just get up for us but we are better placed than we have been for a long time.

It is a vital game for our top 4 aspirations, if we lose it will be two wins out and we could be leap frogged by teams like Parra

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Back: Jensen, Piakura, Paix, Carrigan, Oates, Capewell, Willison
On report: Riki (won't be suspended)
Possibly: Haas
Not: Cobbo, Martin, Robati
Out: Turpin, Kennedy, James

Likely

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Pereira
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Flegler
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Hetherington
16. Gamble
17. Hosking

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Back: Jensen, Piakura, Paix, Carrigan, Oates, Capewell

Likely

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Pereira
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Flegler
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Hetherington
16. Gamble
17. Hosking
Palasia will have to be in there somewhere

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Back: Jensen, Piakura, Paix, Carrigan, Oates, Capewell

Likely

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Pereira
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Flegler
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Hetherington
16. Gamble
17. Hosking
Can't possibly go with zero props on the bench.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Eels are a lot like us of yesteryear where they play shit against shit teams but aim up against good teams.

If we beat them, we are contenders, it won't be easy.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Can't possibly go with zero props on the bench.
Exactly Right. I love the job all these fill ins have done for us. You are all invited to Mad Monday or the Grand Final Party, but not to next week. Hosking has done well and has got himself a NRL contract from next year onwards, good job son. But, quite simply he isn't as good as Riki, he isn't as good as Robati (I know he is injured), really imo still isn't better than Piakura (shown more in first grade but literally every NRL player to ever have played has) and he sure as shit ain't moving Capes out of his position. He ain't a middle either. For the rest of this year he can be the back up second rower until Robati is back. But really whilst he does the job well we have great second rowers at this club and will be at the back of the line in the playing order. I love the job he has done and he has been a gem from nothing but it is not like we just unearthed a bloke who can't be denied a place in first grade with our sheer depth in the position. Same thing goes with DELLA and Pereira, been great but they have a position in the squad they belong to and that is depth both been amazing but they haven't proven to be better than their starting counterparts.

So 0 props is not an option, I have loved the last 2 weeks but this in my opinion is probably the most important game we have in terms of determining where in the 8 we finish. Away against Parra with 2 games in the final 7 they are our biggest threat to the top 4 cause I believe with our run home we can pip one of the top 4 sides. Could be the difference between winning 4 or 5 of the last 7 to 6. We win 6 if one of those other teeams drop more than 1 game with a good +/- we are playing top 4 footy. Might sound ridiculous to expect 6 wins and I sure as hell don't think it will come easy and is a possible longshot but I am not giving out NRL spots and making our bench just so incompetent (for a benches purpose which is predominantly interchanging your middles). We got a hooker, 1 locks (hetho could play prop but he won't) a half that will play lock and a second rower. Not ideal if you ask me when CJ and Flegs arent known for there big minutes.

Probably going to get grilled for this post cause I am challenging what seems to be one of your favourite players at the moment and I have nothing against him at all he has been solid and has shown to be very reliable but he ain't getting handouts at the expense of our performance.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Eels are a lot like us of yesteryear where they play shit against shit teams but aim up against good teams.

If we beat them, we are contenders, it won't be easy.
Never is. Last night wasn't easy, and they were wooden spooners.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Back: Jensen, Piakura, Paix, Carrigan, Oates, Capewell, Willison

Likely

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Pereira
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Flegler
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Hetherington
16. Gamble
17. Hosking
You can't run with that bench with no middles. It is too light on. Keenan would have to be starting or on the bench. Hosking and Gamble have to go for two genuine middles.

*Edit* I see others beat me to it. The only way Hosking stays in the squad is if KW decides to rest Riki and gives him a run in that spot. After one of his better games last night I would be inclined to keep Riki and rest whoever needs it against the Tigers.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You can't run with that bench with no middles. It is too light on. Keenan would have to be starting or on the bench. Hosking and Gamble have to go for two genuine middles.
Yes, one has to go for Keenan. But what is Gamble now and who offers more?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Yes, one has to go for Keenan. But what is Gamble now and who offers more?
Hoskings will be first to go, wouldn’t at all surprise me if both are left out - as sad as that is. A shame Paix can’t play 80.

I think we will see Palasia for Hoskings and maybe even Kennedy or James for Gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • BooKhaki
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.