We’re coming off a bye.

What more rest does he need?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
From Fox Sports Web Site:

Late Mail: Star lock Pat Carrigan is out, but the club is yet to reveal why.

FACTHUNT

FACTHUNT

QCup Player
May 25, 2021
Patty boarding the plane today. Happy as, surely a rest.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I feel a sense of sadness and loss knowing we can’t watch our boy tomorrow night. 🥺

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
The Patty call seems odd. Didn't Kev say in the presser today he will be naming his best 17 and no one will be rested..?
Canberra will be up for this, not a doubt in the world.
Canberra into Storm, momentum is massive in this sport and if we head into finals having lost two in a row it could be a little worrying.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Beef Patty has been reading the forum and has decided we don't deserve him.

Jokes, he's just stayed behind to give all his haters hugs, and thanking them for being so passionate about the Broncos even if they didn't believe in him.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
If we didn't just come off a bye i wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned.

But it does seem a little strange given he played reduced minutes pre bye (53 mins) then last week off and the possibility of another week off in round 2 of the finals.

I guess there is no downside to the decision, he wont lose fitness and just reduces injury risk. If it is simply resting him you would imagine Payne gets a rest next week.

i wonder if the plan is to freshen them up with the intention of playing payne and Patty for 70-80 minutes in the finals? There's no doubt we look a more comfortable team when those two are on the field and if we have games going down to the wire it would be good knowing Payne and Pat are fresh and can handle 80 mins.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
If we didn't just come off a bye i wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned.

But it does seem a little strange given he played reduced minutes pre bye (53 mins) then last week off and the possibility of another week off in round 2 of the finals.

I guess there is no downside to the decision, he wont lose fitness and just reduces injury risk. If it is simply resting him you would imagine Payne gets a rest next week.

i wonder if the plan is to freshen them up with the intention of playing payne and Patty for 70-80 minutes in the finals? There's no doubt we look a more comfortable team when those two are on the field and if we have games going down to the wire it would be good knowing Payne and Pat are fresh and can handle 80 mins.
I was thinking that myself and whether Kevvie might think about playing Payne for extended minutes through the finals.

Haas wants to win premierships, so he might play out of his skin if you leave him on the field for nearing 80mins.

In saying that Payne's second stints have been massive this year.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Patty is one of the big reasons why we beat the Cowboys without Reyno.

His ball-playing was very valuable. We lose that now.
I don't know yet, Palasia has really lifted his ball playing recently, not as much work as Patty though and we will lose it once he is off too.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I was thinking that myself and whether Kevvie might think about playing Payne for extended minutes through the finals.

Haas wants to win premierships, so he might play out of his skin if you leave him on the field for nearing 80mins.

In saying that Payne's second stints have been massive this year.
If Patty is just for Rest then surely Haas is next week, I think Mam needs a rest too because he has taken a battering lately, though that makes it harder due to Reyno being out.

That said Mam came out of a tackle a few weeks ago that probably would have snapped the knee of an older player but he was fine, them youngins are stronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • BooKhaki
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncorob
  • Jedhead
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • scobie
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.