GIO Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:35

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should play our best team. We just had a rest, and if we play our cards right we'll get another one in 2 weeks.

Momentum going into the finals is worth more than an extra weeks' rest IMO. But I have faith the club will manage it right.

Imagine the pressure of winning our first premiership since 2006 and to have to do it against our bogey side. It’s making me sweat.

Totally agree we have to exercise that Storm demon and now is a good time in our own backyard with added confidence and momentum.
Now old bellyache is the master of game and mind manipulation..so beat up the dragon next week but also play the smarts and leave it to someone else to finish them off while we rest up. All good in theory however things never always go as planed so end of day whoever plays in the GF will have really earned the spot as any of the top 4 ( and arguably 2 in the bottom) could make that big dance floor.
Anyway will sit back today on the beers and watch the action down in Canberra Bubble Land.

Totally agree we have to exercise that Storm demon and now is a good time in our own backyard with added confidence and momentum.
Now old bellyache is the master of game and mind manipulation..so beat up the dragon next week but also play the smarts and leave it to someone else to finish them off while we rest up. All good in theory however things never always go as planed so end of day whoever plays in the GF will have really earned the spot as any of the top 4 ( and arguably 2 in the bottom) could make that big dance floor.
Anyway will sit back today on the beers and watch the action down in Canberra Bubble Land.
I would not be surprised if we meet the Storm in the Grand Final.

Patty missing because he made the mistake of reading bhq and saw all the nasty things people said about him imo.

Could also be a case of minimising injury and suspension risk though tbh. Considering some of the soft af reports and suspensions that have been occurring this year.

I'm all for it, and I'd be resting Haas and possibly Walsh next week. We have NRL quality replacements props to cover Haas/Carrigan not playing, and getting them 100% fit and rested for finals is smart.

I'm all for it, and I'd be resting Haas and possibly Walsh next week. We have NRL quality replacements props to cover Haas/Carrigan not playing, and getting them 100% fit and rested for finals is smart.
Hang on. If we rest the guns next week and lose by a lot, and also lose today, we can still finish 3rd right? **** that. We need a home final week 1.

Hang on. If we rest the guns next week and lose by a lot, and also lose today, we can still finish 3rd right? **** that. We need a home final week 1.

Yep......have to win this week to lock up a top 2 finish, we don't want to slip to 3rd and be going away to either NZ or Melbourne to play our first final.

Both would be massive challenges. The weather conditions in both of those places also do not suit the way we play.

Yep......have to win this week to lock up a top 2 finish, we don't want to slip to 3rd and be going away to either NZ or Melbourne to play our first final.

Both would be massive challenges. The weather conditions in both of those places also do not suit the way we play.
Melbourne cant finish top 2 so no risk of that happening

Top two is almost assured for us anyway.

for us to slip to third we'd need to lose both remaining games, The Warriors would have to beat the Dolphins next week and make up a 65 point worse differential than us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.