Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

One thing that triggers me every single game but I haven't mentioned yet because it's like a pretty minor issue in comparison to what we're dealing with currently.

Has anyone noticed that McCullough takes every penalty kick for the sideline, and rarely makes more than 10-15 metres? Like, that's not exaggeration, I think I've seen him gain over 20 metres from a penalty kick once this season. Can we please get Isaako or someone to kick them??

He's certainly part of the problem though. As I said in my post earlier, the Roosters post contact meters were ridiculous and that is definitely on the big boys in the middle who are supposed to stop that happening.
I disagree entirely. He's barely part of the problem. Our major problems are holding onto the ball and missing tackles. How much of that has involved McCullough? Very little.

He's not falling for dummies almost intentionally like Boyd. He's not dropping easy bombs putting us under pressure. He's not giving the opposition the ball back on the third tackle after 40 minutes of defense. He's not giving away dumb penalties by tackling people late and he's certainly not doing whatever Jayden Su'a has been doing.

One thing that triggers me every single game but I haven't mentioned yet because it's like a pretty minor issue in comparison to what we're dealing with currently.

Has anyone noticed that McCullough takes every penalty kick for the sideline, and rarely makes more than 10-15 metres? Like, that's not exaggeration, I think I've seen him gain over 20 metres from a penalty kick once this season. Can we please get Isaako or someone to kick them??
That is a game plan problem. The coach decides who takes those kicks and for some reason he hasn't chosen our biggest kicker. It's amazing the obvious things our new Harvard educated coach can't see.

That is a game plan problem. The coach decides who takes those kicks and for some reason he hasn't chosen our biggest kicker. It's amazing the obvious things our new Harvard educated coach can't see.

I'm guessing the theory behind it is "Let Macca feel some leather on boot in the game so he feels a bit more confident when he sees an opening out of dummy half", but I mean, from what I've seen out of his kicking game this season it's regressed from last year, don't think he's reached the side line once from our own half and has kicked it dead at least twice. He shouldn't be kicking, ever.

Last edited:

10000%

I was complaining to my wife about this, every other team in the comp seems to gain 20-30m from a penalty kick. We just pop it out 10 like it's an inconvenience and make no attempt to actually gain any ground advantage off it. it's incredibly frustrating and seems like a such a fundamental error, for the life of me I can't understand why.

I disagree entirely. He's barely part of the problem. Our major problems are holding onto the ball and missing tackles. How much of that has involved McCullough? Very little.

He's not falling for dummies almost intentionally like Boyd. He's not dropping easy bombs putting us under pressure. He's not giving the opposition the ball back on the third tackle after 40 minutes of defense. He's not giving away dumb penalties by tackling people late and he's certainly not doing whatever Jayden Su'a has been doing.

Speaking purely about last night, no he wasn't part of the problem. I worded that badly. But on the whole, when it comes to the team, he absolutely is. His slow service, his dummy that nobody falls for and his classic step left, step forward and pass across the chest of the player that played the ball.

I can't agree with this, macca has a decent boot on him. He should be trying to make meters with it , it's stupid not to. I also don't believe he doing his job properly, he needs to engage his markers and help our forwards get a roll on.
I am a macca supporter but he is rapidly declining and we need a lot more from him.

Last nights game was horrendous to watch. Surely there will be some changes made.
As for Boyd. Well his defence is pretty bad these days though his attack is still top notch. He can read a game very well and see the gaps/overlaps very easily and capitalise it’s just the d, that’s the problem and well a very big one for a fullback.
The tigers game is going to be very nice nteresting.

Speaking purely about last night, no he wasn't part of the problem. I worded that badly. But on the whole, when it comes to the team, he absolutely is. His slow service, his dummy that nobody falls for and his classic step left, step forward and pass across the chest of the player that played the ball.
His slow service is still a myth. The defense is given way too much time to get back, reset and move forward before we have even played the ball. That's an effort issue as we are getting put on our backs more often than not. Not one hooker would look good with our slow play the balls. Even Seibold has said this, out loud to the media like usual. It definitely does get slower nearing the end of the half though. It's amazing that our coaches haven't realised that Kodi Nikorima excels when he is replacing our tired workhorse hooker late in the half.

He's certainly part of the problem though. As I said in my post earlier, the Roosters post contact meters were ridiculous and that is definitely on the big boys in the middle who are supposed to stop that happening.

I remember there was one tackle tpj went in low on a smaller player , can’t remember who it was. But even that smaller player dragged tpj along the floor for another 4-5 metres.

I don’t think it was ever a secret.

But it’s still noteworthy how he handled one of the most damaging ball runners in the comp without so much of a hiccup.

The kid might make mistakes sometimes, but not because he isn’t laser-focussed or trying hard enough. Indeed it’s probably the exact opposite, he’s probably trying too hard.

His tenacity is inspiring.
I remember questioning Katoni's defence late last year. Well so far he is head and shoulders above Roberts and Bird in that department.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I thought this was very poor from Boyd. He had plenty of time to react to Angus taking the run and at least attempt to get in the way.

Gee Whiz that is fucking ordinary. Our captain with body language that looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. Well Darius, we wish you were anywhere else too. Washed up plodder with a terrible attitude.

We should have kept McGuire, at least we wouldn't have been kicking on the 3rd every time, hahaha.

If the rumours about McGuire being bad for the team because he's a bastard to his younger teammates are true, I don't have an issue with us moving him on. Otherwise I think it was a mistake. I would have moved on Ofahengaue before him in a heartbeat if there wasn't issues with him fucking with morale.

If the rumours about McGuire being bad for the team because he's a bastard to his younger teammates are true, I don't have an issue with us moving him on. Otherwise I think it was a mistake. I would have moved on Ofahengaue before him in a heartbeat if there wasn't issues with him fucking with morale.

Those rumours are a crock of shit.

Gee Whiz that is fucking ordinary. Our captain with body language that looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. Well Darius, we wish you were anywhere else too. Washed up plodder with a terrible attitude.

So no criticism of the piss poor attempts by Joffa and Glenn, just Boyd. Hmmmm

Your eyes painted on? I had plenty to say about Joe and Glenn earlier in the thread

Key word in this is "attempt", at least they made attempts. Boyd currently avoids any contact wherever he can, pretending to fall over, pretending to fall for dummies, complaining to the referee with his arms up for no reason.

No matter the situation, Boyd will find a way around making a 1 on 1 tackle.

Key word in this is "attempt", at least they made attempts. Boyd currently avoids any contact wherever he can, pretending to fall over, pretending to fall for dummies, complaining to the referee with his arms up for no reason.

No matter the situation, Boyd will find a way around making a 1 on 1 tackle.
Exactly. The attempts may be poor, but they did try to do something.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Cavalo
  • Turky Murky
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.