PRE-GAME [Round 8, 2024] Broncos vs Wests Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Reynolds another week off and allow Jock Madden to play in a near full strength side. It will help in his progression moving forward. Absolutely loving the development of Willson this year and also Selwyn Cobbo in the centres. Expecting to see Mariner come back in and light it up with a few tries.

Well holy shit, you're not dead!

Willison has to play. He"s looked the goods since his debut in '21. Baker had a decent game but he is fighting Oates for the 17 jersey.
However, I thought this in R1 and R2 and Willison was left out.
Why would we be managing him, he needs minutes in first grade - injuries in '22 and '23 mean he's about 10-15 games behind where he should be in his development?
And upgrade his deal ASAP.

Willison has to play. He"s looked the goods since his debut in '21. Baker had a decent game but he is fighting Oates for the 17 jersey.
However, I thought this in R1 and R2 and Willison was left out.
Why would we be managing him, he needs minutes in first grade - injuries in '22 and '23 mean he's about 10-15 games behind where he should be in his development?
And upgrade his deal ASAP.
I can’t excuse not picking him. You have to pick your best players and X can well and truely help us win a premiership. He’s 21 at this stage Payne had 3 porky’s and had already been a in-club suspension away from winning the dally m at 19. Obviously he isn’t Payne but come on you can’t protect them forever. Baker doesn’t deserve a spot at all let alone over Willison. Personally can’t see Baker ever being better than what Willison is right now 13 games in. Not excusable if he leans on the side of caution.

Anyone got some hints on the team list? Are they training today?

From Fox Sports:

Team Tips: A wave of star players return for the Broncos. Adam Reynolds will be a straight swap for Jock Madden in the halves, returning from a hamstring injury. Payne Haas will take up his spot in the front row, with Tristan Sailor a chance of dropping off the bench with Fletcher Baker likely reverting to the pine. Meanwhile, Brendan Piakura will also return to the backrow and will likely replace Jaiyden Hunt who could either drop to the bench or out of the side.

Trained at 9.

KW was cranky they didn’t go on with it.
@McHunt
Did he make Smoothy do laps ? LOL .

I reckon the away dressing sheds at Suncorp will need a new coat of paint .
You can only imagine the spray Sticky would have put on at half time .

Willison playing the way he is right now is an improvement over flegler imo. There’s no way you can justify dropping him

Less penalties at least .
I want to see him offload . He`s playing conservatively ATM . His work rate is awesome , very good aerobic fitness for a big unit .

Interesting that the talk is that Mariner is not back this week. By reports last week, he was close to playing then. All very weird.

Interesting that the talk is that Mariner is not back this week. By reports last week, he was close to playing then. All very weird.

The media said he was close to playing.

if he comes back this week, that's 2 weeks earlier than expected. given that he's a rookie and has back fractures, I'd definitely not rush him back.

The media said he was close to playing.

if he comes back this week, that's 2 weeks earlier than expected. given that he's a rookie and has back fractures, I'd definitely not rush him back.

For sure, I'd be doing the same with Reyno too.

So we're going to be ruthless this game.
I like it.
black and white cat GIF
oops sorry mum not sorry at all

Not sure what you mean here. It is a well known fact that the 2023 Grand Final only went 65 minutes. Absolutely nothing of note happened thereafter.
Now you say that. I can't recall much happening after that. Must have been some sort of precession till we lifted the trophy.

I would be staggered if that happened.
I think the plan was to ease him into the season with a game or two before origin, and then depending on how he went, unleash him on the remainder of the season. A few injuries meant he’s playing a bit early and I reckon Kevvie will park him now until origin. I’ve got no idea, he’ll likely be named tomorrow, but I just wasn’t expecting to see him until origin, and with Haas back Kevvie can take a bit of time with him and get him breathing fire for the business end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Jedhead
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • eggstar10
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.