State of Origin Game II - NSW vs QLD

Because he and Chambers are idiots. We could have easily spent five minutes down there, came away with the required points to win the game and defend it for the last few minutes, but these two morons went looking for miracle plays every set QLD were in the red zone.

Yeah Chambers has got a disease the way he can't take a tackle sometimes and has to kick it.

Last edited:
Joe O and Corey Jensen are two guys I'd like to see come in.

With the game on the line we didn't even need that much from Hunt. Just a few grubbers for repeats sets. Enough in the rest of the team to score points.

On that, don't understand why so many playmakers kick the ball dead so often (Milford). Better to have it pull up a metre short of the tryline than roll five metres long.

Changes..

Wallace gone for Ofahengaue. As decent as Cooper is, hard to see him being in the side in 2019 - would give Su'a a shot. More game time for Arrow.

Chambers again came up with some clangers but don't think we have a better option. Gagai has looked shaky at centre for Souths. Morgan isn't fit. Munster could play there but who then plays five-eighth.

On the fence on whether to put a line through Hunt or give him another chance. On NRL form, not convinced Milford, DCE or Taylor would be any better.

Hunt wont be there long term. Use the dead rubber to give Taylor a game. Milf at 6, Munster to replace Chambers at centre.

I would throw Munster at fb and leave pongs on the bench for a couple of years.
And when kayln is a bit more mature Munster to centre and and Ponga to fb

If that's all we have, Hunt can play.
Hi, I’m Ben ‘by default’ Hunt.
Has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it.

But seriously, it’s a sad state of affairs when that could legitimately be the selection process.

Time to face facts though, unless he’s Benjamin Button or Corey Parker, Hunt is not going to get any better with age.

I say give Milf a go at 7, he’s still got time to get better. Or Taylor, not because he’s ready (sure he has potential), but because he’s not Hunt or DCE.

I’m not on a witch (Ben) hunt either, but boy Hunt just has a way of failing catastrophically when it really matters.

Last edited:
Hunt wont be there long term. Use the dead rubber to give Taylor a game. Milf at 6, Munster to replace Chambers at centre.

Well Walters has done what bennett did with nikorima. and that's publicly backed hunt for game 3 and even praised his game 2 performance. Not sure if he's just taking heat off hunt who is already a broken man or actually wants to keep persisting with hunt.

Well Walters has done what bennett did with nikorima. and that's publicly backed hunt for game 3 and even praised his game 2 performance. Not sure if he's just taking heat off hunt who is already a broken man or actually wants to keep persisting with hunt.

Walters was just trying to take the heat off Hunt.

I think Ponga is ready to play fullback for QLD next year, assuming he carries on playing like he is now I would leave Munster at 6 and find another option for halfback.

I don't think Taylor is that option, he seems to get hurt every second tackle in the NRL so origin may kill him.

Milford is an option....but just hasn't shown enough to be picked with any confidence, but saying that he couldn't do any worse than Hunt and could be worth a shot to see if he can step up. He hasn't really been given a chance.

Hunt is gone, he just cant handle the pressure moments.

DCE, well like him or hate him he is probably the best/most reliable option.

Ponga is ready for fullback duties now. The kid is amazing. He's too good to be wasted on the bench.

Yeah he is but Billy Slater had a great game last night. I thought he made a big difference. Shame he is retiring. Looked like a 25 year old out there last night.

Last edited:
Joe O and Corey Jensen are two guys I'd like to see come in.

OK with Joe O but Jensen really? Rather give Glasby another shot. That whole Cowboys team has been shithouse this year even Taumalolo.

I note NSW packed a 5 man scrum when Jimmy was in the bin. I didn't think you could do that, I thought they can only pack less than 6 is when it's because of injury?

Yes you can. You need to read the rules when there is one in the sin bin. They deem the lock to be the one off the field

The anger has faded, and all I'm left with is pity for Hunt.

On the flip side, what a dig by Ponga. For a debut in such an intense game, he was quite something. The Milf/Ponga combo in the years to come will scare the shit out of NSW. Ponga made a bad mistake playing at that ball, but I can forgive that because of the guts he showed all night.

**** the pity for Hunt. I was sorry for the **** in 2015 but after last night, he hasnt changed. Im glad we got rid of him now. He wont ever win a premiership or an origin series. He is too much of a dumb **** to do it. He is our version of Mitchell Pearce

OK with Joe O but Jensen really? Rather give Glasby another shot. That whole Cowboys team has been shithouse this year even Taumalolo.

Jensen has been one of the only shining lights in the Cowboys team. His stats are getting really impressive. He's like a younger Matt Scott. His upside is higher than Glasby.

The media just haven't cottoned onto it yet.

Last edited:
Slater told to retire, no not because he was poor, he wasn't but we need unproven players to get one dead rubber origin under the belt.
Very very harsh to deny Slater a Suncorp swansong in origin.

After what JT had to say about hunt after the game last night , how can the selectors disagree and ever give the **** another jersey

I hope the dragons make the gf and lose due to a Ben hunt error after paying 1.2 mil for him

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Tim K
  • Manofoneway
  • mitch222
  • Broncs1459
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • bazza
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Ondi
  • phoenix
  • BroncosAlways
  • leon.bott
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.