What do you want this year?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:
Hammo said:
Kudos to Titans however, I didn't think they'd last 10 seasons, however going into the 3rd they seem to have a strong fan base, albeit mostly made up of ignorant AFL-cum-RL fans who prefer to get drunk at the league rather than watch the game, and 10 year olds who like the pretty aqua colour. icon_thumbs_u
LOL cum

I want the titans to be successful as it's vital to the expansion of league, I don't really have a problem with them however last season they got a bit cocky at times and it pissed me off tbh.

People had a similar attitude to the Cowboys in recent years. They were "everyone's second team" for so long, until they became successful, and then people started saying they're cocky, arrogant, dirty, blah blah.

Tall poppy syndrome.

Lots of people revelled in their hard times last year. For me I thought it was sad seeing a club with the likes of Thurston, Bowen, Payne, O'Donnell and mighty Shane Tronc languishing the way they did.

I want the Cowboys to be contenders in 2009...after we flog them in round 1 of course.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Yeah the Cowboys!!! May they be in the Grand Final versus the Broncos and of course we will thrash them.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Origin 4 years in a row is the one I'm licking my lips about.

Broncos Premiership - I still think last year was the go (as do many). Personally if there was an applicable percentage I'd say it is significantly lower than last year BUT I'd say the opposition teams are weaker in general as well. I think it is this year or nothing (In Locky's time), our percentage will gradually decrease while we find the next locky IMHO.

Big year from Lockyer - Since he's my fav player, I don't want to see him go out like joey did, even joey didn't deserve the latter end his career and locky HAS had some injury woes since 2003-ish. I hope he stays fit and healthy and pulls off another 2006-like year.

Sims and Clinton - Impressive early on particularly Sims, but I want them to become Broncos, If WB stayed a little while I'm sure it wouuld have happened.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
lockyer47 said:
Big year from Lockyer - Since he's my fav player, I don't want to see him go out like joey did, even joey didn't deserve the latter end his career and locky HAS had some injury woes since 2003-ish. I hope he stays fit and healthy and pulls off another 2006-like year.

What exactly was wrong about Joey's on field performances in the 'latter' part of his career? The only problems he had were injuries, his form was excellent up until his last matches.........oh wait he isn't a Bronco. John's contributed as well as Lockyer does in an attacking sense and didn't miss tackles like Lockyer does and also in later season played for a team with a rubbish squad, I think some people are so deluded about just how good the guy was due to anti-NSW/Channel 9 crap that gets floated around, regardless of hype he was amazing and did just as much maybe even more than Lockyer does for the Broncos every week. I am not getting into a who is better than who argument here I think they are/were both great but to say Joey ended his career badly is rubbish only things bad late on were either off the field (drugs) or out of his control (injuries).

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Wow rant much? I read it as though lockyer47 WAS referring to his injuries.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
On closer inspection, if she was referring to just injuries I withdraw my comments.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
lockyer47 said:

What exactly was wrong about Joey's on field performances in the 'latter' part of his career? The only problems he had were injuries, his form was excellent up until his last matches.........oh wait he isn't a Bronco. John's contributed as well as Lockyer does in an attacking sense and didn't miss tackles like Lockyer does and also in later season played for a team with a rubbish squad, I think some people are so deluded about just how good the guy was due to anti-NSW/Channel 9 crap that gets floated around, regardless of hype he was amazing and did just as much maybe even more than Lockyer does for the Broncos every week. I am not getting into a who is better than who argument here I think they are/were both great but to say Joey ended his career badly is rubbish only things bad late on were either off the field (drugs) or out of his control (injuries).

I know you've retracted your arguments, but this is what Joey has that Locky hasn't.

wooden-spoon.jpg

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Jebadude said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
lockyer47 said:

I know you've retracted your arguments, but this is what Joey has that Locky hasn't.

wooden-spoon.jpg
[icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Don't laugh. It's inevitable that one day one of those will come Brisbane's way. It'll be interesting to see how many of you stay fans in that situation.

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
might as well enjoy our spoon-free existance while it lasts... ;P

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Absolutely! But I think it's dangerous to revel in the wooden spoonery of others...except the Bulldogs :P Nyuck!

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Jeb, your amazing.... football knowledge would have you know that Andrew Johns broke his jaw thus missing much of the first half of 2005 coinciding with their massive losing streak. He was there during the second half of the year for their miraculous recovery (they lost 13 games in a row and almost avoided the spoon). The team suffered injuries all year particularly early on and despite not being fully fit Johns destroyed QLD in Origin and was crowned Dally M Rep player of the year. Also remember the fact that Lockyer has played with an embarrassment of riches his entire career where on many occasions Johns has had mediocre teammates to rely on. In short only a moron or someone so blinded by hatred/bias would even bring a wooden spoon into an argument about Johns and Lockyer.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
MB: true or false. Andrew Johns won the wooden spoon in 2005.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy: True or False, I just stated why it is an irrelevant argument when discussing Andrew Johns.

The answer is false, Andrew Johns was a member of a team that collected a wooden spoon, he didn't win one himself.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
What? They don't give one to all the players as well?

Blasphemy.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
:roll: OK then, Johns never won a premiership, an Origin series, a Test series, a World Cup or any game for that matter either - because he was part of teams that did it, he didn't do it himself.

So please don't use his teams' achievements as an indicator of his quality in future.

Thanks in advance.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
MB, the only person in this thread having real Johns issues is you [icon_shru

Lockyer47 said he (she?) didn't think Johns deserved the way his career ended and you jumped all over it. Jeb had a light-hearted dig and you launched into another diatribe. A tad over-sensitive perhaps?

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • Lostboy
  • Alec
  • Broncorob
  • Jedhead
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • azza.79
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.