Your QLD team

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Ben Hunt plays half better than Segeyaro, but Segeyaro is far superior out of dummy half and is better suited to playing at lock then what Hunt is. Segeyaro offers a lot more impact, whereas Hunt would be more injury cover than impact.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
But have you seen Segeyaro play this year? He hasn't offered a lot at all. Do you think QLD even need that utility player or should we go with a big bench? I definitely do not think Segeyaro has earned an Origin spot this year.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Who do you take me for? Course I've watched him play.

Segs' problem is that he's got a few errors in his game. Hasn't taken the passes he should have or come up with the wrong play at the wrong time. I'm fine with that though, that's why he's in the team to keep the defence on their toes and he's still causing headaches around the ruck which is essential around Origin.

If Queensland is going to use a utility, he's the guy.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
If we need an impact player, I have the only person fit for the job.

772608-cd655aea-f092-11e4-9134-cf9443e7fd03.jpg

Walker's on.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Did i just read seggy hasnt offered much at all this year? Have to disagree. Until panthers got hit hard by injuries and he himself injured his elbow he was killing it. Once soward and to a lesser extent, wallace, got injured seggy had to do a lot more play making and even found himself in the halves at one stage. The added pressure showed and he was a shadow of his usual self for a few weeks, but to suggest he hasnt offered much this year is over the top imo. he is one of the top hookers in the comp

Last edited:
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Even if Hunt deserves selection more he still doesn't fit the team as well IMO. This isn't an honorary team but one that has to play real games - Segs fits the balance of the team so much better.

Buts let's be honest. Neither get picked and we get DCE as utility backrower again.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The thing with Segeyaro, is you aren't having him in the side to be an 80 minute player or a workhorse or anything. You have him for impact. Just a Craig Wing sort of role. All we'll want is for him to be sharp.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Segs was great in that role at the Cows. Way better than Hunt ever was.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I would love Segeyaro for the bench role, I can't see anyone in the game who could do a better job.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I would love Segeyaro for the bench role, I can't see anyone in the game who could do a better job.

Besides Gidley.

I joke, but a few years ago that was a serious comment.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I used to hate when craig wing used to step on to the field for the blues. He always created havoc for our forwards. Would love to have seggy do the same to them!

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Who do you take me for? Course I've watched him play.

Segs' problem is that he's got a few errors in his game. Hasn't taken the passes he should have or come up with the wrong play at the wrong time. I'm fine with that though, that's why he's in the team to keep the defence on their toes and he's still causing headaches around the ruck which is essential around Origin.

If Queensland is going to use a utility, he's the guy.

You know what else is essential ......not doing all those things you gave "Segs" a pass on. They are killer mistakes.

He's too much rocks and diamonds to be considered for SOO ....at least at this stage, IMO.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That's the concern I have but I base a lot of those issues on the fact that he's being asked to take more responsibility and his game is suffering as a result. If he was used as a bench utility, it'd be with the idea that he'd only have to focus on dummy half running and increasing the tempo of the ruck which is important in the modern game.

If you're going down that route, he's the best option for Queensland.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
He had those mistakes in his game even when he was at the Cowboys.

My concern is that he will always have those mistakes in his game.

SOO isn't the game where you want someone out there who's prone to making crucial errors.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He got rid of them last year and they've only resurfaced because he's been made to overplay his hand while carrying injuries.

Week off will do him the world of good and he's my biggest concern heading into Friday's game. He's absolutely destroyed us the past two times we've played.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
He got rid of them last year and they've only resurfaced because he's been made to overplay his hand while carrying injuries.

Week off will do him the world of good and he's my biggest concern heading into Friday's game. He's absolutely destroyed us the past two times we've played.

So if he's making these errors, what has he done to deserve a spot this year?

Active Now

• RodF
  • lakers133334
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • BroncosMan
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncs30
  • mrslong
  • Skathen
  • Spooky1013
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Galah
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Manofoneway
  • jarro65
  • Allo
  • westy316
  • vertigo
... and 59 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.